“A learning experience for us”

Sleep Inn Louisville
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Jeffersontown
North Canton, OH
“A learning experience for us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Staying at this hotel taught me a very valuable lesson. I am away from home sometimes up to 20 nights a month therefore I carry the top level of status for the Choice Hotels rewards program. I do most of my hotel reservations on line. Staying at this hotel taught me a very valuable lesson.

I have filled in the Special Request area of the online form in the past only to be told they don't look at that area. For this hotel, I wished I had indicated I needed a quiet room. I was placed right next to the ice machine and laundry area. Needless to say, it was not a room conducive to sleeping.

When we mentioned this to the young man at the counter, he tried to help but could not because they were completely full. Mentioning this discomfort to the front desk staff they next morning, they informed me if I had put our wish for a quiet room on my reservation request, they wouldn't have put me in that room. They weren't that pleasant about it either. Defensive and slightly rude are the two words I would use about their behavior.

My being a Diamond Elite member of Choice Hotels for more than 10 years didn't make a bit of difference to them when they were assigning rooms that day. I was disappointed in their decision process when assigning rooms. Next time I'm in Louisville, KY, I will not stay here and you might remember to fill out the special request area of the reservation form if you want or need something other than their choice for your nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in your reservation. Who knows where they will put you if you don't.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jean858
Donna T, Area Sales Manager KY at Sleep Inn Louisville, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
We sincerely apologize for your recent experience at the Sleep Inn East in Louisville, KY.
This is not the way we should treat any of of guests and most definitely not a Choice Priviledge Diamond member. Please contact our manager, Pam Callahan at the property offline so we can discuss the specifics of your stay as this isn’t the impression we want to leave with our guest.

Thank you very much for taking the time to make us aware of this most uncomfortable situation as a guest should not have to make a "SPECIAL REQUEST" to receive a quiet room. I am embarrassed that this is the treatment a Choice Priviledges "Diamond Member" received. Please accept my sincere apologies.

KY Area Sales Mananger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed 3 nights the weekened of April 12 through 15. The room was very quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed the breakfast, especially the cheese omelets and sausage. The front desk personnel were very friendly and interested in my visit to Louisville. I picked this particular motel due to previous stays in Sleep Inns in other parts of the U. S., and the affordability and location. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Louisville.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for your recent review on the Sleep Inn East Louisville. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Conveniently located to downtown and the east end of Louisville our guest love our location. We pride ourselves on making our guest comfortable and try to make the experience a home away from home. Our hot deluxe complimentary breakfast gets rave reviews and our rooms are very comfortable and quiet. Our staff consistently goes beyond the call of duty to make sure our guest needs are taken care of.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope that when you return to the Louisville area you will stay with us again.

Area Sales Manager KY
Campbellsville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

This hotel was very close to the conference we were attending and very affordable. We found the inside and furnishing to be up to date and in good order. The breakfast was great with sausage, eggs, cereal, waffles, and a great selections of drinks. The only downside was the lack of noise proofing between rooms and floors. It was easy to hear people walking in other rooms. But overall we would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Thank you for your recent review for the Sleep Inn Louisville. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that our location was convenient to your conference. Everyone loves our new expanded hot deluxe breakfast.

We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to Louisville.

Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

We were still 8 hours away from home on our trip, and ran into some unexpected problems. At 11 pm with only about 4 hours of sleep in the last two days, Sleep Inn was the first hotel right off the interstate we found that was affordable to us. The night shift desk clerk Daryl was awesome and actually cheered us up a lot, and got us into a nice clean room quickly. The morning front desk manager was also great; friendly and very informative about the surrounding area and how to get to places. Breakfast was good, Wifi was decently fast. I really appreciate them making a rough day easier to deal with.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the right wing are closest to the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your recent review. I am glad our staff was able to help to make your day better. We have an excellent staff at the Sleep Inn and pride ourselves on great customer service.
We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Pineville/charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night for business trip. Overall everything was nice. Front desk service could be better at the time of check in. All other staff members were nice and polite. I would highly recommend to my friends. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on good customer service and I apologize check-in did not go smoothly. Training was the issue with a new employee and the matter has been corrected.
We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

Clean rooms, good internet - not great internet, but OK for normal needs. Good breakfast, but breakfast area is a bit small. excellent freeway access. there are plenty of places nearby for food and some shopping. resonable room rates. Have stayed before and will stay again. wake-up call was on time (actually a couple minutes early which is just fine) Check-in was quick and competent. Parking can be a problem if they get a full house, but that just means a bit of a walk. Everything was clean and in order. Not a large selection of TV channels, but that is not a major problem at all and might be an incentive to not watch TV. I do not think this has much in the way of amenities, but for the business traveller it is just fine.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your recent review of the Sleep Inn . We pride ourselves on taking care of our customers. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guest again soon at the Sleep Inn.

Prestonsburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

My wife and I checked into the hotel on August 25th,and found our reservations in order. And even though we were about 2 hours before check in time our room was ready. Betsy, behind the desk was very friendly. Our room was spotless clean and everything was in perfect working order. Sleep Inns have rooms that are slightly smaller than other choice hotels, but still a nice size. Our room (214) did not have a fridge of microwave, but we didn't need them. The wi fi worked good.The beds were comfortable. The entire facility was so nice that i thought it was new but we were told it was about 16 years old. Staff was very friendly. A good location with lots of restaurants, near the highway and only 15 minutes to downtown Louisville. We will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Sleep Inn in Jeffersontown KY. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and great customer service and Betsy is just another example of the great staff we have. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Louisville Area.

Area Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersontown
Comfort Suites East
#4 of 9 in Jeffersontown
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Quality Inn of Louisville East
#9 of 9 in Jeffersontown

Been to Sleep Inn Louisville? Share your experiences!