“Good value”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Rougham
London, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Checked out this local pub after comments from family and reading reviews. I have to say that the meal (beef Sunday roast) was good value at £16 for two meals. Nicely cooked but nothing particularly special. Nice for a change.

East Anglia
“Tastes like home ... Love it”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We have actually eaten here 3 times over the last two weeks and I've had to come on trip advisor and post a review because i just love it, first time I had a burger and chips and it was lovely, big fat homemade and the best homemade chips and onion rings, loads of salad in the burger, my husband had ham
Egg and chips and he said was really scrummy, next we went on the Friday for steak night 2 steaks and bottle of wine for £22, I am quite fussy about my steak but this was cooked to perfection again with homemade chips onion rings, tomato and mushrooms, it was gorgeous and so was the wine!! Today we went for the roasts and we both had beef and I can honestly say it was just like you cook at home, so tasty, everything fresh, lovely Yorkshire veg and stuffing, so so scrummy I can't wait to go back again probably next Sunday! You really must go.. Next on my list is lasagne. The staff are all so friendly and helpful too.

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Took wife and daughter to this pub today because recommended by a member of staff. When we walked in there were people standing at the bar eating meals which wasn't a good look to any first timers. Made very welcome by girl lady behind the bar. There was a family eating in dining area but that was it so found table straight away. Waitress took order straight away and we all chose roast. The pub is very nice just could have been a little warmer. The meals took over 35 minutes to arrive maybe because we were now only ones in the dining area although other people were now sitting at the bar with their meals. Obviously a local thing. When the meals arrived they were worth the wait. The veg was cooked well and the meat very tender with gravy which made the meal an excellent choice. The chocolate brownies were large and decorated like you would expect in a posh restaurant. Would I eat there again? Most definite because the food was excellent and very reasonable.

• Visited February 2014
Bury st edmunds
“Good village food and beer”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Very friendly pub serving great beer with outside seating and child friendly.just a few miles outside bury st edmunds

Visited April 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice Pub”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I took my wife and children to the Bennet Arms as I had heard that it is run by the same people that own the Victoria in Thurston a few miles away. What a great little pub! Extensive gardens, swings for the kids. I had the rack of ribs, my wifw the Hunters chicken, both served to perfection and reasonably priced. The kids had a Pizza each. I had a pint of Everards Equinox, a pleasent change from the usual Greene King ales.

A great place to visit. The owners have done a great job with the refurbishment.

We will be back.