“Overnight stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kuttawa
Bassett, Virginia
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Needed a room for one night on a business trip. Arrived and the Lobby and reception area was very clean and well decorated. The staff very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Assigned a room on the second floor. Room was clean and well turned out but it was hot. I cranked up the AC, not putting out cold air. Notified the front desk and was imitatively with out any hassle assigned a new room. The Lady at the front desk apologized and stated that she would take the room out of service and was sorry for any inconvenience. My new room was clean and well turned out as well and the AC worked very well. The mattress were nice and they had plenty of Hot water. The motel is a little old but very well kept. If I travel to the area again I would not have any problems staying at this motel again.

Room Tip: The AC and mattress in room 214 was very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Bed sheets felt very damp every night for the 3 nights I booked to stay in this dump. The floors felt wet, it smelled! Bathroom floor was sticky,Big Spiders in rooms! Had a family of 4 stay @ the hotel with only 2 towels!! They had a sign saying to hang up towels & reuse them! How gross is that??Pictures on internet looked better it looked stretched out, until u get there beds r small. They advertised stay 3 nights save 20% off on their website. So supposedly this Dump of a Days Inn was independantly owned so they didn't participate! What a scam!! Oh and the irons they had stained up my whites becuz the maids don't know how to clean the burnt crap on the irons and they leaked water every Where! I wish I went to the hotel next door it appeared to b way nicer! I think it was called the Hampton inn they were $30 more a night but I bet it was worth it. The hamptons inn looked more up to date. So stay away from Days Inn of Kuttawa KY!!

• Stayed May 2014
Matt4448, Manager at Days Inn Kuttawa, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests as we will use your comments to help us improve. I sincerely apologize that you had concerns with your guest room at our hotel and am really sorry about the damp carpet. One of the improvements our maintenance department are constantly working on is shampooing the carpets. We will try to do a better job to dry the floors and inform the guest at check in. I would like to mention we do offer all of Days Inn's deals and programs presented by Days Inn corporate. One of the many programs is the towel recycle program. The program is now standard at most hotel chains and asks guest to reuse linens if they are not dirty by keeping them hung. Additionally, I am sorry that you feel you didn't receive the same level of service that many other Tripadvisor Reviewers have experienced. We truly appreciate your business and do hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your travel needs.
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Usually Days Inn can vary in the quality, based on the city it is in. We went here because we were desperate, but it turned out to be pretty good. The staff was very nice. The room was clean and the beds were the most comfortable I have found in a hotel (pillow-top). There was also a pool available to use. Our stay was pleasant and I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kuttawa
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were quoted one price at check in but them the bill at check out was BILL IS WAS $5. higher. When we brought it up the clerk just blew it off with a " I guess they must have quoted you the incorrect price. Mistakes do happen you know. No one is perfect. Sorry". This was very disappointing for us. We have stayed at a lot of Days Inns and never had a proble like this.So my advice is to make sure the bill is what they quote and don't give them your credit card until you do

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The service was friendly and bend-over-backwardsy, the room was perfectly comfortable if not fancypants, and the breakfasts were good as gold. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and would recommend it to people - it's on a main road, has eateries nearby, and a fridge etc for drinks or leftovers. The staff were very friendly and frankly it turned into a bit of a highlight!

If you're after luxury keep looking. But if you're after genuinely friendly people and comfy rooms you're sorted!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I've been staying at this Days Inn for over 10 years in my travels up and down I-24 from Florida. Rooms are always very clean, reception and service is always friendly and professional, and the location is great!! It's just off I-24, surrounded by dining and gas stations, and has easy access to the Lakes area. Compared to the other hotels I stay in during these trips, this place is the best bang for the buck!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuttawa
Super 8 Eddyville
Patti's Inn & Suites
Patti's Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Grand Rivers
Americas Best Value Inn- Land Between The Lakes

Been to Days Inn Kuttawa? Share your experiences!