“Staff really went the extra mile!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
Pilot Grove, Missouri
“Staff really went the extra mile!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have been staying at this location for many years. There were a couple of years where things were really run down but I think they are trying really hard now. They allowed me to have a birthday party in the breakfast area on a Thursday evening. There were 7 children under age 11 and 6 adults. This is not something you expect to have included in the price of a two night stay. Our room was along the back of the motel and the highway is loud. However, I find if you just leave the fan/heat/airconditioner running it will almost take away the traffic sound. I found the breakfast to be good. I made a waffle and had some sausage. The coffee was great and they have many flavored creams to add to the coffee. The second day we had donuts and cereal. You can do toast, bagels and they have peanut butter. I also like the area where you check in that has snacks, sodas and even items you can fix in your microwave. The room has typed information about the FREE wireless, the T.V. and other things you often need to know. At the front desk is a list of restaurants in the area. There are restaurants that will deliver to the hotel. Just prior to this trip we stayed in a motel where the price was 5X as high per night. I had to make multiple calls to get some regular coffee for the pot in the room. We had plenty at this Comfort Suites. At the fancy New York hotel I was never able to get another bar of soap. You can imagine how far two paper thin bars of soap go when being used by three people. Here I never asked for soap and they left extra bars after our first night stay. We did like having the small refrigerator, microwave, kitchen sink, coffee pot, and sofa. This room is larger and more comfortable than your average two bed room. The pool was clean and warm. I hope you will give this location a chance. They really do want your business and I think they would try to get you just about anything you wanted.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, see if they have a room on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa B, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey on TripAdvisor. Your feed back is very important to us and we use it to make every guests stay here enjoyable.

I'm happy to hear the staff here exceeded your expectations. We strive to make all of you happy.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

1500 East Crystal Drive
LaGrange, Ky. 40031
502.225.4125

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bowmanville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Drove through from Florida back to Ontario and stopped for the one night at this hotel due to it's location. Thought the Super 8 next door looked sketchy and with this being a suite hotel thought it would be better. Sadly, no. I have never, seriously never slept so poorly. I laid in a divet in the bed the whole night, using a pillow the size of a cracker while listening to the transport trucks on the highway, which was immediately outside our window, all night long. By far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I'm a generous reviewer I swear!

Please avoid at all costs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Wheeze1969
Melissa B, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2014

Travellers are raving about these La Grange hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I occasionally stay in LaGrange when traveling to Louisville and have always chosen a different hotel than this. I decided to give this Comfort Suites a try this timeOK see if I was missing anything good by always choosing a different hotel. As it turns out, I wasn't.

There was nothing (major) wrong, but there a lot of little things that made we think this was a bad choice.

When I arrived there were two guys (presumably guests) sitting under the entryway smoking and sharing a 12-pack. The clerk (who was visiting with a few friends in the lobby when I walked in) was very friendly and got me checked in quickly.
The room was quite large and had a huge whirlpool tub that I wasn't expecting, and didn't choose to use (see below).
When I went out for dinner I noticed that all of the lights on one side of the parking lot were out. This was very noticeable because the hotel is located a distance away from everything else, and down a long driveway so the area is rather dark at night. It wasn't quite as dark at that moment because of the lights of the police car, apparently arresting someone in the driveway leading from the road to the lot. This wasn't an officer helping a guest get into a locked car, or a routine traffic stop, but definitely "something" else.

All of this was beginning to add up to me feeling less than comfortable at this property.

Although the room was large and seemed to be clean, there were a few tell-tail signs that it wasn't as well cared for and clean as I like. The giant hot tub would have been appealing had it looked a little newer and cleaner. It wasn't dirty, it just looked a little old and, to be completely honest, a have some reservations about hot tubs in hotels at this level.

The shower curtain around the tub (you had to climb into the tub to use the shower) was hanging by chains from the ceiling, or more accurately, hanging from some of the chains, as there were several that had come undone and were dangling there above the sagging curtain.

The bed was comfortable and, other than some reasonably insecurities about the security of my car in the dark lot and any other nefarious activity that might be going on, I had a decent night's sleep.

In the morning (fortunately it was in the morning and not the night before) I found a few ants wandering around on the desk. Not an infestation, but a few is more than I prefer.

The breakfast was OK and the morning staff was fine.

No major issues, but a series of little things (all of which could be easily fixed) that together make me think that I will probably not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melissa B, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 14 March 2014

Director of Sales
Crestwood, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Pros: Picked the suite because it has a whirlpool tub. We were more than excited at how big the tub was! Everything was clean, the room was very large, bed was comfy. Staff was very nice. Very nice price for the big suite.

Cons: Breakfast was terrible, only thing edible was yogurt and fruit. The hotel is right next to the expressway so you hear the semis all night. The walls are very thin, so we heard from both sides and the floor above. Worst of all the doors to the rooms are heavy and hinged, so both mornings we were woke up by slamming doors from above and below.

We would stay here again because the price and the hot tub override the other stuff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa B, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Ann,

Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was an unplanned stop, as all rooms in Louisville were booked due to a volleyball competion. The lady who checked us in was nice enough, but that's about where it stops. The door to our room looked like someone had kicked it in a time or two. There was definitly a gap in it and was not closed properly. We tried several times to get in but the door would not budge. One of the staff members came and tried to open the door. He got it once but when we asked again he could not. They offered to change our room. The second room did not have two beds (which is what reserved). At this point we were done. They offerd one more time to move our room but we ended up leaving.

On top of the room fiasco,there were unmannered children running up and down the halls (after 10pm), random doors half way adjacent with loud conversations going on. Just keep on driving last this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Shelby M

Director of Sales
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our son and grandson and my husband and I spent three nights here earlier this week and had a very nice stay. We each had king beds with a queen sleeper sofa which gave us a nice area for visiting in the room. The motel was clean, had no odors, was well maintained with good beds, a good set of charger plugs, good lighting, small fridge, and microwave. The shower had good pressure and towels were plentiful and soft. We were on the back side, so did hear a little highway noise. This was as advertised and we would recommend it. Our stay in LaGrange was for historical purposes and we would recommend the lovely local museum, and side trips to Fort Harrod and Bardstown. Beautiful driving area. The pool was functioning and provided some fun for our all of us. Staff were all friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa B, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you so much for completing our survey about your recent stay at Comfort Suites in LaGrange, KY.

We are happy your stay was a pleasant one and hope you will come back so that we can exceed your expectations.

Hope to see you soon.

1500 East Crystal Drive
LaGrange, KY
South Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stay for 4 nights in December. The staff was available and very friendly and helpful. We had a room with 2 very comfortable queen beds, a desk and chair and a sofa and coffee table. There were lots of available outlets and 4 USB ports for charging gadgets. The free WiFi worked well in the room.There was also a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and small sink. There was an iron and ironing board in the closet. The bathroom was small but functional and clean. There were plenty of good towels.

Our room and the lobby and breakfast area were all clean. The hallways looked a bit worn. The pool and hot tub were not available. The manager said that the hotel recently got new owners and they will be repairing the pool and reopening it. There is a computer and printer in the lobby that you can use to print flight boarding passes.

The included breakfast was typical and good. The only problem was that the toaster was not working.

Room Tip: The hotels is next to I71. Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel away from the Interstate if...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Grange
BEST WESTERN Ashbury Inn
#1 of 4 in La Grange
Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Northeast
Drury Inn & Suites Louisville North
Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!