“Never again”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ponderosa Steakhouse La Grange
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

It was awful and expensive for what we got (and we had coupons.) The rolls were good as was the meatloaf, but the rest was so bad. My daughter found two hairs in the macaroni. The sodas tasted like they'd been mixed with water from a garden hose. There were several dirty tables when we arrived around 6 pm, and I felt queasy for the rest of the evening afterward. Go to Ryan's or Golden Corral. Skip this place. Definitely not the Ponderosa that I remember from my younger days.

2  Thank ShanGala

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Food is always mediocre but we decided to eat here with the $6.99 dinner coupons we got in the mail. The dinner was to include a specific entrée, baked potato, rolls, and side salad. The coupons were good for up to 6 people each. My husband and daughter used the shrimp dinner coupon and I was using the sirloin tips coupon. We were told that we had to pay for the sirloin tips on a separate order because only one coupon could be used per order. We were each asked if we wanted butter and sour cream on our baked potato. We all answered that we did. Because my order was totaled separately we noticed that it seemed to be more than the $6.99 as stated on the coupon. We were then told there is a charge of .39 for sour cream on the baked potato. How chintzy. I have never in my life been to a restaurant where butter and sour cream are not included in the price of the baked potato. I got my sour cream on the side and it was barely a tablespoon. When we questioned the upcharge we were told that sour cream is expensive now. Also, do not eat in this restaurant if you do not love country music. It is always blaring through the speakers the few times I have eaten here. The food was edible but that was about it.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Food is cold and dried out. Not worth the money. Dessert is very limited. Service is'nt any better. Visted here for lunch during the week and dinner on the weekend. Food is always bad

1  Thank Rita D
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Good salad bar. Hot food buffet bar is good. The food tastes home made not from a can. They do a good job and it is clean so worth the visit. I eat here from time to time it is a good value and is usualyy always busy so the food stays fresh on the buffet.