“Enjoyed the food”

Rails
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Enjoyed the food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We ate lunch here and it was very good. The lamb empanadas, barbecue pork sandwich, bison burger were all very good. It was very interesting when a train came past the window right down the middle of the Main Street of town. Service was also fine. Would eat here again.

• Visited June 2014

Salem, Illinois
“Nice place”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Great service. Pricy menu for the small portion of food you get. Food was tasty, just expensive and small portion. Very neat to see train go by while visiting.

Crestwood, Kentucky
“Not what I was hoping for”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The inside was very nice. White table cloths and the restaurant was very clean. Was disappointed when I looked at the menu. Not sure what I was expecting but it didn't fit the bill. My husband had the short ribs. He said they were good but a lot of money $21.00 for a small portion. I had the burger for $9.00. Wish there would have been more blue cheese on it. Don't order the corn pudding. Never had anything like that before. Wish the area had more restaurants that were worthy of going to.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gerry S
Branson, Missouri
“Relaxed atmosphere, great meal.”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our lunch at the rails especially when the train traveled down the street right in front of our taxable. Highly recommended.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Okay food, superb service, but not great overall. . . . . 3.5 stars.”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Like the One Nineteen restaurant we tried the previous evening, this restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, but the linen napkins on the table in the window made me take a second look. I walked in, and there wasn't a soul around (it was a tad early for dinner). A young lady came out from the kitchen area and offered to seat us. She ended up being our waitress, and she was superb! After a few minutes of reviewing the menu, it sounded like a freight train was approaching, and sure enough, a freight train started to drive by right outside the front window. It went on forever, and I ran out to take a quick video, since I've never seen a freight train just 20 feet from my table in a restaurant. But after all, the restaurant is called "Rails.' Even though the floor vibrated eerily, it was kind of cool. The atmosphere inside the restaurant is also very nice. Very old school, but very nice. We ordered guacamole and chips, both of which were mostly disappointing. For my entrée, I went with the Beef Wellington, which was a smidge overcooked, and was just okay, not great. I tried two custom cocktails, one of which was disappointing (especially for the price), and one of which was outstanding. My colleagues shared my view that the food overall was just okay to good, but definitely not great. Amie, our waitress took very good care of us, and she was very friendly and professional and attentive throughout dinner. The atmosphere was very nice, and the service was superb, but the food was just good, and very pricey.

• Visited April 2014