“Has gone down since last visit”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
SC
“Has gone down since last visit”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I have family in the area and choose this hotel when in town. Last time I posted about this hotel, I was rather up beat. A lot is still good, but I found more things that worry me. Strangely there is no phone in my room, not a big concern since I use my mobile for any calls, but why no phone? Tonight I went to get a boarding pass for tomorrow's flight. The printer was totally low on ink, mentioned to woman at desk and she told me the manager knew, wonder why this had not been corrected. Also noted that the Norton's virus protection had lapsed, so what anyone did on that computer was open for interception as well as virus infection. Please renew your subscription for the safety of your guests. I have to say the staff is great, the woman who checked me in did a great job of making me feel welcome. I will be back later this year and hope to see improvements.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear TuesdayWednesday,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am sorry our hotel fell short of your expectations this particular day. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Port Austin, Michigan
Reviewed 18 February 2014

stopped by chance as we were travelling. Very pleasant and helpful staff. very clean rooms, pool was nice temperature, although there is definitely repainting needed around the edges. Our room was a king Jacuzzi next to pool, just as we requested. Breakfast was as expected at an HIE. Recognized priority club membership. Good parking. Helpful recommendations. the pool repainting is why I had rated this a 4 instead of 5.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dundee, OH
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We have family in La Grange and this has ALWAYS been the hotel we stay in because it's convenient, has free breakfast, and a decent pool. I don't know what is going on there now, but this hotel needs some SERIOUS attention.

When we checked into our room, it was weird. The beds looked like a child had made them and the pillows looked like someone had been lying on them. The curtains were all jacked up and the chair was pushed all the way up against the wall. It just definitely felt like someone had been in there after it was cleaned. We did something we'd never done before: requested a new room. The front desk staff was very pleasant and apologetic and immediately got us another room.

The second room was better, but there were still irritations. The bathtub filled up with water whenever someone showered . . . the plastic cover on the air conditioner was FILTHY . . . and one of the lamps was missing a light bulb.

I think they had just laid new carpet in the halls, but no one had bothered to vacuum. There was mess everywhere in the hall. The elevator quit working the night we were there and the front desk was oblivious -- I had to tell them.

I don't know if the hotel has changed hands or what, but they need to train their housekeeping staff better, perform some routine maintenance, and just generally pay more attention to detail. It's not the cheapest hotel around and I definitely don't feel we got what we paid for.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank amishamy

Travellers are raving about these La Grange hotels

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express several times before so when a winter storm made travel dangerous I decided to stop here for the night.

In the past the staff has always been pleasant and helpful. The young man at the desk was new and by himself, but he did a good job of handling the crowd, most of whom were arriving without reservations.

I was given a room on the first floor (not usually my preference) but didn't want to ask for a change.

The room was OK though not as nice as the ones I have had at this property previously. It was clean and comfortable, but just looked and felt a bit below the standard.

Given the circumstances and my need to find a place to get out of the storm, I have no complaints.

This will continue to be my hotel of choice when I am in this area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NoScreenName1960
Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here as part of the National FFA convention this past week. I have never experienced a worse hotel in all of my travels. The DO NOT DISTURB sign was regularly ignored. Once, I was in the shower and I came out to see that my tea had been spilled and a note left saying they would not service my room because I had the DND sign up! Really? They ignored the sign to come in and say they wouldn't service my room? Towels were not replaced. The floor was sticky. The entire hotel was smelled like a mold and mildew. And the worst part was the tub that didn't drain. By the time we were all done taking out showers, the tub was overflowing. ICK. There were pink globes on the ceiling in the bathroom, too. Overall, a horrible week at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear LibraryLynn,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room conditions, and your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is, by far, the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life! The smell is horrible throughout the entire hotel. I can't begin to tell you what it is. Kinda like mold and mildew mixed with a pungent body odor. The rooms are not clean at all. Our floor had a tacky, sticky feel to it and I would not let our kids take off their shoes until they went to bed. We complained, but were not offered a room change. There was hairs on our bathroom floors and in the tub (no baths for us!) The sheets were old and not very fresh smelling. The walls were thin and every noise carried thru all night long. The breakfast was so bad, we didn't eat, but waited until we checked out and went fast food. Never again at this hotel. What a waste of money, time and sanity.

Room Tip: Go down the street and find another hotel!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbara W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Barbara W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness and truly sorry for the room condition fell below your standards. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hotel has a terrible smell...not sure what it is, but you smell it the minute you walk through the front door. Room was non smoking, but smelled of old smoke and felt damp and humid inside. Room was clean, staff was very friendly, breakfast was very good....but this HI needs a good updating! It is very tired...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hillslife
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear hillslife,

#4 of 4 in La Grange
Drury Inn & Suites Louisville North
Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast
Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Northeast

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!