“An ok place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Grange
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. The beds were comfy and they offer a decent breakfast. The hotel is in close proximity to downtown, a great place to shop. Overall, my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The comfort inn was nice. Staff was very helpful when we arrived. Room was also nice. Beds and pillows were very good. Phone in room would not call front desk therefore had to go to front desk to ask for more towels etc. breakfast was good. Swimming pool was gross. The floor around the pool was dirty. Pool water had a scum on top and white floaty things on pool floor. We thought it was paint chips but then it moved when we touched it with our foot-gross....didn't take us long to get out of the pool.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stay at this hotel every year and it made some great improvements. It used to be a Holiday Inn and is now Comfort Inn. The carpet and bedding is new and the beds are very comfortable. Everything else is ok. The treadmill didn't work in the fitness center and in my friends room, they found a hair in the bed like the sheets hadn't been changed, but I didn't have any issues. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast could use some improvement. It's within walking distance to Walmart and some restaurants.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a positive experience at a decent price for a holiday weekend. We would return again.

We had one minor issue when we checked in. The air conditioning unit was not working in our room but they switched us to next room and it was perfect. The breakfast was respectable.

Word of Warning: There are two 'Comfort Suites' at this exit. They look similar and apparently a lot of people can get confused which one they are staying at like we did. We went to the wrong place (on the west side of the LaGrange exit). After waiting to check in we were embarrassed to discover our reservations were for the "Comfort Inn and Suites' location across the bridge on the east side.

If money were not an issue it did look like the 'Comfort Suites' hotel (on the west side of the La Grange exit) was newer and had more people staying in that hotel.

However, all things equal, we felt -- for the money we paid-- we got a great deal at the other site, the 'Comfort Inn and Suites' and with a good night sleep and a nice breakfast.

Room Tip: It is possible the east side could be a little quieter as we faced the interstate side. It didn'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
RhondaRucker, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

We would like to thank you for staying with us and your feedback. We are working hard at upgrading our services here at Comfort Inn and Suites and look forward to you returning.
Rhonda Rucker
Comfort Inn and Suites

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Upon arrival the room seemed fine, minus a HAIR IN THE SINK and the fact that our door would only lock from the inside with great effort. My travel companion and I showered and went to bed. The next morning there was a very slight musty/mildew smell in the bathroom, but being that we had tickets to an event taking place early that morning, we quickly got ready and left the room. Upon exiting the room, we pulled the door shut firmly behind us, but apparently that was not enough, because the door still swung open. We pulled it tightly shut and double checked it, but it still created some stress throughout the day because all of our personal belongings were in that room.
After being out for the entire day Friday, we arrived back in the late evening/early morning hours, sometime around midnight. Upon arriving we went into the bathroom and noticed the musty/mildew smell had become MUCH worse. I immediately called down to the front desk to inform the "employee", JOSH, of this issue. I also requested that he bring up some towels so that we could shower before bed. When Josh asked what room we were in, I told him we were in room 314, because that was the number on the phone. After waiting almost an hour, during which time we had turned on the fan in the bathroom and tried to air it out, I called back down to the front desk. Josh again answered the phone and said he had tried to come up to our room, but did not get an answer. He asked again what room we were in, and I went outside the door to double check. Turns out we were in room 304. Josh came up shortly after with a can of air freshener (ARE U KIDDING ME!?) and some “towels”. We tried to explain to him that the issue in the bathroom had nothing to do with air freshener, but that it seemed to be a maintenance issue of some sort. He did not understand as we tried to explain, and when he stepped into the bathroom he said he did not notice any issues. My travel companion and I could still smell the mildew stench so when Josh offered to let a manager know and that she would be right over to address our issue, we agreed. After an hour of waiting the manager never arrived (it was literally about 2-2:30am at this point) so we gave up on waiting for the manager and decided to take showers and head to bed since we had to be up early again the next morning. This was also very interesting because we found that Josh had not brought us towels, but instead brought us BATH MATS so we had to use those to dry off with after the shower. Absolutely disgusting.
We woke up Saturday morning with less than 5 hours of sleep in order to get ready for our event. The stench in the bathroom seemed to have stay the same (very bad) even though we SLEPT WITH THE FAN ON, which was extremely loud and disruptive. We got ready as quickly as possible, trying to work around the horrid stench and left, with no time to call back down to the front desk and discuss our issue, as we once again had tickets for an event that we needed to attend. Once again, we were out the entire day. Upon returning around midnight to our room, the smell had become exponentially more disgusting and the mildew/moldy smell was literally unbearable. We called down to the front desk again and the same employee, Josh answered our call. He came up to the room soon after, and we asked him to step into the bathroom to check on what we were speaking of again. This time, Josh was literally TAKEN ABACK by the smell. He finally knew what we were talking about but still, stated that he did not have any way of fixing the issue because the maintenance people would not be able to come in at that hour. He also said there was no manager on staff, but that he would leave extensive notes and also tell the manager in person when she arrived what our issue was. We were due to check out the next morning, so when Josh offered to check and see if there was a room we could be moved to, we declined this offer, being that it was so late at night, and we were too tired to pack up all our things and move when we would need to be up early the next day to check out and drive our 6 hours home. We had to wait until about 2am for the bathroom to air out a bit until we could move past the smell and just get ready for bed.
Sunday morning the smell remained the same despite sleeping with the fan on again, which was disgusting and we were NOT contacted by management as we were promised we would be. As I was packing up my suitcase I noticed that directly above the suitcase there was a disgusting COBWEB/DUST BALL on the edge between the wall and the ceiling. I tried to take a photo of this issue but it is unclear in the photo because of low resolution/lighting. I was horrified and just hopeful that nothing like this ended up in my suitcase throughout the course of the stay. We went downstairs to get a luggage cart to load our car up, but being that the hotel only had one cart, there was no cart available for our use. We were told to wait for one to become available and that someone would bring it up. Nobody did so we were forced to make several trips back and forth, delaying our departure time. When we went to the front desk to check out, we spoke with the supervisor who was on duty. This supervisor supposedly had no knowledge of our issues, and when she checked the log notes from the last few nights, she saw no mention of our issues even though Josh promised us that he would share the information with her. After a drawn out back and forth with the supervisor, she agreed to credit us $85 (about 10% off our 3 night stay) to our room, stating that she did not have the authority to give a larger credit, despite the fact that our room could not be used for the main functions of a hotel room, using the bathroom, showering, being able to get ready and sleep on time. This woman said that if we wanted to further discuss our issues we would have to wait until Tuesday morning at which point the general manager, Ronda Rucker, would address our issues.
When I finally spoke with Randa she was extremely rude and unsympathetic to our issues. She did agree to credit us an additional $8.50, which actually has turned out to be the only credit i have gotten up to this point. THAT'S RIGHT, NO OTHER CREDITS WERE GIVEN. Items were added to and removed from my account so many times during the week following my stay, that I had to put a block on my debit card and request a new one. SO OBNOXIOUS. Can't even begin to explain what a headache this trip was. So disappointing. I called back to corporate to find out why my debit card is having so many changes to it. The representative I spoke with called the hotel and spoke to Ronda, the general manager. Ronda told her that the person who put these charges on my card must have made a mistake and that she would be fixing it. Ronda called me shortly after saying that she would be able to issue me a credit of $93.00 instead of the $85.00 originally promised. I told her that would not be satisfactory due to the fact that we were not able to use our rooms for the normal functions (for two of the three nights) of using the bathroom and showering, in order to then get to bed or get to different places we wanted to be at on time. She said there was nothing more she could do on her end, that it was my problem for not accepting to be moved to another room when the “manager” offered (THE MANAGER NEVER OFFERED THIS, JOSH OFFERED TO SEE WHAT OTHER ROOMS WERE AVAILABLE AND IT WAS TOO LATE INTO THE LAST NIGHT OF OUR STAY TO BOTHER TAKING HIM UP ON THIS!!!!), but that she would be contacting the management company/her managers, and that she would call me back by the end of the day. She never called me back. I had to call corporate back again at 8am due to additional charges on my account, and still no credit of $ 85.00, $ 93.00, or any other amount. Corporate says they cannot do anything with billing, but offers to call the hotel again and find out what is going on. Upon calling the corporate representative was able to reach Ronda, who told them the credits of $ 93.00 would be issued, but that there would be no additional credits issued. I sent a screen shot via email of my account to the corporate representative, so he could “investigate” the charge but nothing came of this.

Room Tip: Do not travel to this hotel. It is garbage.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cj11112014
RhondaRucker, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We are very appreciative of your feedback. We have since addressed the issues with the room and revised our communication between shifts. I am sorry your stay was not wonderful with us and want you to know that everything has been addressed.
Rhonda Rucker

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The beds were very comfortable. I stayed here 2 nights on business. The downfall is the shower curtain will not keep the water in the shower and causes the bathroom floor to flood. The fixtures in the bathroom show lots of rust and need replaced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have family in the area and choose this hotel when in town. Last time I posted about this hotel, I was rather up beat. A lot is still good, but I found more things that worry me. Strangely there is no phone in my room, not a big concern since I use my mobile for any calls, but why no phone? Tonight I went to get a boarding pass for tomorrow's flight. The printer was totally low on ink, mentioned to woman at desk and she told me the manager knew, wonder why this had not been corrected. Also noted that the Norton's virus protection had lapsed, so what anyone did on that computer was open for interception as well as virus infection. Please renew your subscription for the safety of your guests. I have to say the staff is great, the woman who checked me in did a great job of making me feel welcome. I will be back later this year and hope to see improvements.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear TuesdayWednesday,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am sorry our hotel fell short of your expectations this particular day. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D

#4 of 4 in La Grange
Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast
Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast
Drury Inn & Suites Louisville North

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!