“Great pizza and salad”

Ranked #82 of 901 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great pizza and salad”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We really like the pizza and salad special - especially on wine down Thursday. We split pizza and salad - get pepperoni with spicy sauce. Love videos of Italy - remind me of vacation in Italy.

• Visited September 2013

“Good but not great”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I had the six inch pepperoni pizza, a fairly simple item. It was good, but not great. Their tomato sauce is pretty spicy. The pizza was cut into four pieces, as usual, with one pepperoni slice on each pizza slice. At $9.01 for pizza and a beer it is hard to beat, but I prefer traditional sauce.

• Visited August 2013
“Fresh, tasty, and fast!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The sauce was a little spicy for the weak. The portions were large for the price. Overall, it was fresh and satisfying. Will definitely go back when I am back in town!

• Visited August 2013
Richmond, Kentucky
“So...So...”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I am a pizza fanatic! My first time at smashing tomato i was looking for a pizza that was to die for. For me it was so-so. The sauce is a but spicy which is a great change for pizza. The restaurant is super clean and the staff was friendly. My boyfriend and I split the pepperoni pizza. We took 2 slices home with us. I wont say that I will never go back, but it is not something I will go out of my way to get to!

• Visited June 2013
United States
“Pizza...”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have always been satisfied with our meals at Smashing Tomato.
The usual wait time for your order isn't too bad.
Food is very good.
Menu is somewhat limited (but remember, this is a pizza place).
When you enter the restaurant for the first time (or second, or third) you feel slightly confused by the ordering situation. My only complaint with this restaurant would be the fact that the menu and specials are listed on the wall where people line up to order. If you want to take time to understand what you want to order, you feel like you are holding up the line as people come in behind you. When you are in the restaurant at a busy time, this menu in the order line situation feels frustrating (most people who frequent this restaurant don't notice this anymore because they know the menu) but I have found the other customers to be understanding.

Visited June 2013