“Refreshingly different”

Ranked #75 of 891 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Refreshingly different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We like the subtle difference in the wood-fired pizza oven vs. the standard cookers. The pizza is tasty, especially if you order it "smashed", that is with a bit of spice in the sauce. This is a pizza that needs to be eaten right away. It does not travel well if you have any left to take home.

• Visited April 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Great pizza and salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We really like the pizza and salad special - especially on wine down Thursday. We split pizza and salad - get pepperoni with spicy sauce. Love videos of Italy - remind me of vacation in Italy.

• Visited September 2013
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I had the six inch pepperoni pizza, a fairly simple item. It was good, but not great. Their tomato sauce is pretty spicy. The pizza was cut into four pieces, as usual, with one pepperoni slice on each pizza slice. At $9.01 for pizza and a beer it is hard to beat, but I prefer traditional sauce.

• Visited August 2013
“Fresh, tasty, and fast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

The sauce was a little spicy for the weak. The portions were large for the price. Overall, it was fresh and satisfying. Will definitely go back when I am back in town!

• Visited August 2013
Richmond, Kentucky
“So...So...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I am a pizza fanatic! My first time at smashing tomato i was looking for a pizza that was to die for. For me it was so-so. The sauce is a but spicy which is a great change for pizza. The restaurant is super clean and the staff was friendly. My boyfriend and I split the pepperoni pizza. We took 2 slices home with us. I wont say that I will never go back, but it is not something I will go out of my way to get to!

• Visited June 2013