“Good place to stay”

Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Great customer service at the check in. Sanjay and John were great in helping us find places to eat. Will definitely be back again

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Linda M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here many times while visiting Lexington and will stay no where else. This is the best!

• Stayed July 2012
Tinley Park, IL
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

When we arrived, I was concerned because there were literally people just hanging out in the lobby and outside the front doors, but it soon quieted down and we had a great stay. Beds are very comfortable and the rooms were nice and quiet. Kids loved the pool (would have been nice to also have a hot tub, but oh well) and the breakfast in the morning was very good for this type of hotel. Like everyone else mentioned, there are a lot of restaurants and other things nearby, and it is in a good part of town. I would definitely stay here again. Not sure it deserves the 5 star rating, but if I could give a 4.5 here I would.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jason_Tinley_Park
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Lexington is conveniently located as a stop-over for a trip we've made a number of times. I initially chose this hotel because of its high ratings on tripadvisor as well as its very convenient location when just passing by Lexington. I keep coming back because it's a great hotel. I have no doubt that the we-aim-to-please attitude of every staff member comes from the top down and from a genuine, individual pride in the service they provide. Everyone is friendly, caring, and attentive. I recently reported a small issue (rattling A/C) and got exactly the reaction I expected: a genuine we-care reaction that said fixing even that little problem matters to the staff. The facility is very clean and very well-kept; again reflective of people who care. I can heartily recommend this hotel to others, and I will without doubt continue to stay here whether I'm visiting or just passing through Lexington. My only complaint: I'd love to have a hot tub next to the pool! (smile)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Phil5000
Reviewed 27 June 2012 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express in Lexington proudly proclaims that during the last two years, it has been selected as one of that chain's ten best hotels (out of more than 1800 separate locations). It is to easy to see why! The HIE is simply an excellent establishment, excelling in every area. It is serious about staying among the best of the best and it shows in both little things as well as those of major concern. As so many others have done previously, we are delighted to rate it as highly as possible and to say, without qualification, that it is clearly the best place to stay anywhere in the Lexington area.

To list all the "pluses" of the HIE would take, literally, several pages. Here are but a few of the many. The young front-desk personnel are among the most polite, thoughtful, and helpful we have experienced anywhere in the United States. We needed extra pillows; they were rushed down to our room. I asked for directions to a location on the far side of the city; not only did I get directions but without asking, I also received a detailed written print-out of those directions which was complied on the spot. When we questioned the Inn's lack of bacon to go with its scrambled eggs, one of the young fellows quickly volunteered to cook some for us. We had not been in our room more than an hour or so before we received a call to inquire if everything was up to our satisfaction and whether we might need anything else.

The rooms -- at least our room -- was large and accommodating with both a comfortable bed and easy chair, and oversized refrigerator, two luggage racks (a rarity these days), a useful desk, and more. One could quibble that the bathtub was on the small side or that the flat screen TV was only modest in its size or even that the bathroom, for whatever reason, has no ventilation fan but none of these "drawbacks" are more than fleeting in comparison to the many positives.

Put simply, we loved the Holiday Inn Express in Lexington! It is, as others have noted, located somewhat off "the beaten path," far away from either the I-75 or the I-64 freeways which intersect nearby but travelers are foolish if they allow themselves to stop anywhere else "because it was convenient." My wife and I are Gold Club members because we stay so often in HIE hotels. This Inn is, as its rating attests, extra-special. We're glad we stayed and we'd encourage everyone to make the added effort to find and enjoy all it has to offer as well.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BigP
Bennington, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 June 2012

One of the top hotels I have stayed in! Extremely impressed with all aspects of this hotel. Outstanding staff and facility.
Great pool!
Very good breakfast--attendent Very nice!

• Stayed June 2012
Southeast U.S.
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I came to Lexington, Kentucky for business this past weekend. It was my photographer and I and we shared a single suite. Well first off, the hotel is away from traffic (a plus), and the highway (another plus), and is surrounded by everything a guest would need (gas station, restaurants, pharmacy, you name it)! Although I found out the hotel has been in service for 4 years it looks and smells brand spanking new! There's an interactive flat screen in the lobby that tells you where restaurants and attractions are located and updates you on flight activity at the airport. The rooms are gigantic. We must've had a super king bed in our room plus 2 separate pillows, both marked as well! One said "soft" the other said "firm". These little things are difference makers when your traveling and exhausted and the first thing you think of is rest. There was a microwave, refrigerator, and a flat screen. Not to mention cocoa butter for lotion, a silent fan in the bathroom, brand new heating/AC units, and a cozy desk/office space tucked in the corner. Everyone was extremely accommodating without problems or issues. Whilst inspecting the lobby I overheard the assistant manager ask 3 different sets of people the same thing "did you enjoy your stay? Was there anything we could do to make it better? Our goal is to make our guests feel like family so please tell me if there's absolutely anything we can change or do better." I overheard all of this and I know it wasn't for show because he couldn't see me, and the 3 sets of people walked up individually, not at the same time. That's the kind of dedication and kindness that a paying customer should get at an IHG property. This was beyond "southern hospitality", this was just honesty & care in it's most pure form. There are multiple things I'd like to note because they are very important. They take pride in being ADA compliant and I saw something I had never seen before. In the handicap rooms, on the inside of the door they have contraptions to cover the peep hole (management explained to me that they heard of people using devices to see inside a guest's room from outside their door through the peep hole) and in the pool area they have a mechanism that can actually lift a guest in a wheel chair and safely place them in the pool! Wow! Last but not least, one of the big things I hate about hotels is their hours of serving breakfast. The hours are from 6am-9am. I arrived at 825am. At most hotels within the last 30 minutes the staff is already cleaning up because the hours are almost over. You know what I arrived to? "Good morning sir, is there anything you don't see that I can get for you?" I was speechless. I saw her ask another guest the same thing and she didn't know what to say either. But beyond the kindness and accommodation, they kept breakfast running and continuously replacing food until 11:05am. 11:05am! That is 2 hours and 5 minutes past their posted hours! I had never seen such a thing by a hotel. If you ever and I mean EVER have to come to Lexington, Kentucky stay at this hotel.
Clean rooms, clean hotel, beautiful location, walking distance from pharmacy, Firehouse Subs, gas station, Applebee's, and just a few miles from the airport and downtown. I will be coming back and I will stay here.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and offers 2 sets of windows for viewing (north and west). It's only a 3...