We stayed overnight at this hotel. It was a very nice hotel. We were on the ground floor, which was nice and convenient for us b/c we had a baby so it was easy to get in and out without having to use the elevator. The room had 2 beds, desk, frig/microwave, and tv. It was nice but with a baby it was kinda small with everything that we had (stroller, carseat, pack n play etc) but it worked out well for us. The room was clean and everything was very nice. We enjoyed the location very much. We met some family there, so we were there to visit. The area surrounding the hotel is very nice and it gave us the opportunity to walk around without having to stay in the hotel the whole time. There are several restaurants and stores within walking distance which is nice and convenient. We enjoyed 2 restaurants in the area and a nice walk with the baby. We used the pool for a very short amount of time. The breakfast was good. There was a good variety of items to choose from hot and cold and there was always plenty of food. They kept it stocked, so nothing ran out.
One small problem that we noticed as we were packing up to leave was that the window was leaking water onto the heater/air unit b/c it was raining. Not a big deal because we were leaving so it didn't affect us.
The only real inconvenience/disappointment: The party that we were meeting had made the reservation, so we called the day before we were to arrive to confirm the reservation and asked about checking in earlier than the 3pm check in time. We were told to call 1 hr before our arrival and they would make sure our rooms would be ready when we arrived. The party we were meeting got there earlier than we did and our rooms weren't ready as they had told us. When we arrived 1 hr later, the rooms still weren't ready. Having a new baby and traveling, when we arrived, we had to feed the baby, so we just went into the breakfast area where there were comfortable chairs and a couch so we could feed the baby. There were several housekeepers in there appearing to be on break or something (They were pretty loud). We just chatted and hung out. About an hour later we asked about our rooms again, and they still weren't ready. So we left and had lunch and came back...still not ready. Overall we waited 2 hours for our rooms to be ready (3 hours from when the 1st party arrived). It was inconvenient especially since we had a baby, and there really wasn't anywhere for us to hang out other than the breakfast area. (Apparently the breakfast area is where the housekeepers take their break). It would have been nice to have the room ready for us since that is what they told us.
The other party we met mentioned that their frig didn't work, but ours worked fine, as we had to keep breast milk in it for the baby. (Something else we called to confirm is that the room had frig/microwave).
Other than that it was a nice stay and we would stay here again if we were in the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Offers Comfortable Accommodations in Lexington, KY Take a Take a virtual tour of the hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Lexington Northeast is located near many of Lexington s corporate centers and horse racing facilities. Just a few miles from Lexington Bluegrass Airport (LEX), corporate travelers will find our hotel in Lexington close to many businesses. Within one mile, there are 23 major companies including Amazon.com, Coca-Cola Bottling, TAC AIR, FedEx and UPS. Within two miles, you'll find Rupp Arena and the University of Kentucky, the Lexington Convention Center and downtown Lexington.Our hotel is near the Keeneland Race Course, Red Mile Race Course is also nearby. The Kentucky Horse Park, located 10 minutes from our Lexington accommodations, offers museums and exhibits about horse racing, as well as a venue for equestrian and racing competitions. Downtown Lexington boasts museums, historic homes and unique shops. No matter what brings you to Lexington, our hotel offers guests premium amenities, including free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a free hot Express Start breakfast. You'll enjoy the lovely new rooms along with the well-equipped Fitness Center and heated pool that are open every day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lexington Northeast
- Holiday Inn Express Lexington