Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Seymour, Indiana
“Overnight Stay”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel. It was a very nice hotel. We were on the ground floor, which was nice and convenient for us b/c we had a baby so it was easy to get in and out without having to use the elevator. The room had 2 beds, desk, frig/microwave, and tv. It was nice but with a baby it was kinda small with everything that we had (stroller, carseat, pack n play etc) but it worked out well for us. The room was clean and everything was very nice. We enjoyed the location very much. We met some family there, so we were there to visit. The area surrounding the hotel is very nice and it gave us the opportunity to walk around without having to stay in the hotel the whole time. There are several restaurants and stores within walking distance which is nice and convenient. We enjoyed 2 restaurants in the area and a nice walk with the baby. We used the pool for a very short amount of time. The breakfast was good. There was a good variety of items to choose from hot and cold and there was always plenty of food. They kept it stocked, so nothing ran out.
One small problem that we noticed as we were packing up to leave was that the window was leaking water onto the heater/air unit b/c it was raining. Not a big deal because we were leaving so it didn't affect us.
The only real inconvenience/disappointment: The party that we were meeting had made the reservation, so we called the day before we were to arrive to confirm the reservation and asked about checking in earlier than the 3pm check in time. We were told to call 1 hr before our arrival and they would make sure our rooms would be ready when we arrived. The party we were meeting got there earlier than we did and our rooms weren't ready as they had told us. When we arrived 1 hr later, the rooms still weren't ready. Having a new baby and traveling, when we arrived, we had to feed the baby, so we just went into the breakfast area where there were comfortable chairs and a couch so we could feed the baby. There were several housekeepers in there appearing to be on break or something (They were pretty loud). We just chatted and hung out. About an hour later we asked about our rooms again, and they still weren't ready. So we left and had lunch and came back...still not ready. Overall we waited 2 hours for our rooms to be ready (3 hours from when the 1st party arrived). It was inconvenient especially since we had a baby, and there really wasn't anywhere for us to hang out other than the breakfast area. (Apparently the breakfast area is where the housekeepers take their break). It would have been nice to have the room ready for us since that is what they told us.
The other party we met mentioned that their frig didn't work, but ours worked fine, as we had to keep breast milk in it for the baby. (Something else we called to confirm is that the room had frig/microwave).
Other than that it was a nice stay and we would stay here again if we were in the area again.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and we really didn't have any issues with noise as far as from outsi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KJHen
walkerw2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
We cant say thank you enough for all of your kind words. The experience that you had with us is all due to our outstanding award winning team. We hope that you continue to stay with us and take full advantage of all of the things we have to offer. We hope that you have a great day and happy holidays.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Pylesville, Maryland
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at this nice hotel while in Kentucky for a wedding. There was a change of plans for my mother, who decided to move to our hotel so that she would be with us for the ride home. I checked with the front desk in the morning to get a rate and check availability. They said that the rate that I got was no longer available, but that they would check with the powers that be to see if they could give my mom the same rate. I received a call from the front desk in the time frame that they said they would call with the good news that mom would get the same rate as me for the night. I really appreciated that they got the rate for her, followed up like they said the would and did it in the time frame that they had stated. I would certainly go back to the clean, convenient and friendly hotel. Their breakfast is also above average, which I had saw when I researched the hotel for our visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind words. We hope that you return to our hotel for more of our award winning service. I am glad to see that we took care of all of your needs while staying here with us. Please call us in the future for more reservations. Thank you and happy holidays.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. Rooms were perfect, very large in fact. Loved how spacious they were. Also they were very clean, which is a must when I stay somewhere. We only stayed one night so we didn't have time to use the pool or some other amenities, but I'm sure they are very nice also. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Felton, California
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We're on a three month cross-country journey and have stayed at over 70 hotels so far. This Holiday Inn Express was among the best. It's convenient to a variety of local attractions, yet tucked away in a quieter area of Lexington. There are restaurants within walking distance and the area feels very safe. The staff, especially Will at the front desk, were all very attentive and hospitable. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate compared to other hotels and we were happy there was a guest laundry that was convenient. Our room was extremely clean. In fact, we found out that shower curtains are freshly washed for each new guest! This is amazing to us and made us feel as though the room was squeaky clean just for us. I highly recommend this location. In fact, we've had good stays at other Holiday Inn Express hotels during our recent travels and are finding ourselves staying in them more often now.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were in Lexington only one night, but would come back here again. The staff was friendly and attentive, our room was spacious and bright, the common areas were attractive and comfortable, and the breakfast was quite nice. Mmmm...cinnamon rolls.

Room Tip: We had room 301, a corner room on the top floor, with windows on two sides. If you are a light slee...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Marion, NC
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My kids and I stayed here Friday night, October 4th after visiting Keeneland Race Course. We have stayed here two or three other times prior to this and have enjoyed it every time.

This time, however, the staff went above and beyond to help us on Saturday morning. I sent my son and his friend, both 10 1/2 years old, to the car to get some medicine, but instead they started horsing around and dropped my ring of keys down the storm grate at the front of the car. Needless to say, I was highly upset, as the keys to my whole life were on there: house, vehicles, master keys for the college campus where I work, keys to my parent's home and vehicles, etc. I spoke to "RJ" at the front desk. She was extremely calm, friendly and helpful and called her maintenance person to come in to help, thinking he could run a pipe snake with a magnet on it to pull up the keys, about 10-12 feet below the surface. Before he arrived, however, Mariella, another employee, came out to take a look and got a third employee, Poncho, to come help. Poncho found two long pieces of some type of wire, used pliers to crimp them together and form a hook on one end. Then he laid down on his belly and reached his hand and arm as far down the grate as possible and fished the wire around until he hooked our keys and pulled them out of the drain. With titanium rods in my back, even if I had the equipment, I could not have done that. I was elated. When we went back in the hotel, RJ even asked to take my keys and clean and sanitize them from the "gunk" in the storm drain.

If this isn't top-notch service, I don't know what is!!

As if a very clean, comfortable room and hot breakfast (w./eggs, gravy, biscuits, sausage, bacon, cereal, yogurt, etc.) weren't enough to keep us coming back during spring and/or fall meet (at Keeneland), the exceptionally kind and helpful staff will continue to make this our favorite spot in Lexington.

P.S.--The front desk person from Friday evening was also very friendly, but I forgot to take down his name.... Jon, I believe.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MichaelMarion
Benson, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were traveling to Branson, MS by way of St. Louis and spent one very restful night at this Holiday Inn Express. We were very tired after driving for 9 hrs. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The free coffee and breakfast was just what we needed to start our second day of travel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family