“Nice, clean hotel”

Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Nice, clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

If you are in Lexington for a ballgame, concert, or visiting the horse parks, this hotel is a nice place to stay. The room was very nice and clean. The king size bed was comfy and believe it or not, the pillows were big! The breakfast was well stocked and even open after breakfast hours for those that wanted coffee or hot chocolate (which was nice since the weather was freezing!) We arrived early and the staff was more than accommodating on getting our room ready. We were in town for a Luke Bryan concert, which got postponed. The hotel was close to 2 malls, a movie theater, and plenty of places to eat, so we had no problem finding something else to do.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
walkerw2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
We are very happy to hear about your pleasant experience staying in Lexington with us at the Holiday Inn Express Northeast. It will be wonderful to see you again the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Windsor, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I began to frequent this hotel about 6 months back. I'm in the area for medical purposes and upon my 1st stay was offered a discount (that I was unaware available) because of my medical situation. Every stay the room gets better (and bigger) without me asking. Now that's customer service. I travel with my dog and they are very accommodating without additional charges. You won't go somewhere else and get that. The people are friendly and always willing to assist in any manner. The rooms are clean, spacious and have all the amenities one could want when traveling. Thank you to the staff!

Room Tip: *Breakfast buffet, no restaurant
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank christleann
walkerw2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for the great review. It has always been our goal to be as accommodating as we can to people of all lifestyles. We want you to feel at home away from home and it's good to know that you have found that here. Thank you again. And as always; Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Northeast here in Lexington.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Thanks Tripadvisor for steering me to this place. It lived up to its reputation. Only glitches: the pool had a ton of chlorine. I don't think it's the pool's fault but my swimsuit faded signficantly after swimming in it.
Also had a super-early wake-up call I didn't ask for, Annoying. All else perfect. Great location - walking distance to an Orange Leaf too!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay over the holidays. We do apologize for the chlorine levels in the pool and will look into more organic options such as sea salt for keeping the pool sanitized. Thanks again for choosing Holiday Inn Express Northeast in Lexington.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Great place to stay! Rooms were clean, beds were very comfortable and staff very friendly. I also appreciate that the sound proofing of the rooms was pretty good as well! I totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your good review. We're glad to hear that the new sound proofing of the rooms is helping our guests feel more at home. And as always; Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Northeast here in Lexington.
Xenia, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Like another reviewer,the hotel would not publish my review,so .I would like to try here...This is the first time I have ever reviewed a hotel,and my wife and I have stayed in many.We like to get away at times just to relax, read, swim,and just enjoy the hotel.when we got into our room,we encountered a problem with the fridge,plus another issue, that I will not mention,but, Will(mgr) was wonderful,apolgetic,and quickly moved us to another room.ah,the room....it was very nice,BUT,not what was shown on the hotel website(hence,the bait &switch comment)...This needs fixed(one reason for this review,so other couples like us will not get failed expectations(we chose a "King Executive Suite",and the pic shown on the website IS NOT the same room we received.I thought I booked the wrong room,but ,after a recheck, I did not. I saw where another reviewer had this problem in Apr 2013,and mgt said it would be fixed....umm..not yet!...the other issues is just with the building itself...(2) main issues....the walls are very thin,it was very loud in the hallways at times with loud voices and running people.I understand this is not the fault of the mgt of the hotel,but still an issue worth noting for others.The pool is very small,and upon entering at 10am,it looked as tho, it had not been serviced at all, there was trash on the floor,no towels out,the used towel bin overflowing,the water was cloudy,and cold.it could have been a bad day for the staff, I don't know...BUT, this was the condition of the pool area at the time it opened(10am)...AND, I am sorry,if it sounds like I am a "whiner"....we have stayed at many hotels, but this is the first time I have felt "passionate" enough to write a review on one....with that said, we loved the breakfast,and the staff was nice to us....the room was nice,BUT, not what the pic showed us we would receive...it was in a very nice area,and Marconis pizza(by Kroger) was awesome!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to call the hotel to confirm what type of room you are actually getting
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bassist1954
It was nice to hear about your pleasant stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Northeast in Lexington. The next time you are in town feel free to take advantage of our membership with SNAP Fitness (A full size workout facility complete with cardio equipment, freeweights, and weight machines less than 1 block from the hotel.) We look forward to seeing you and your family again the next time you are in town.
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Since the hotel itself would not post my review, I'll try here. We had a very nice sized suite. Thought it was a little pricey, but it was worth it to have some space to spread out. The beds are very hard; you may have read that in other reviews and it's true. We had breakfast the first morning (it was average) and then went out for a few hours. When we returned about 2, the beds were made but the trash hadn't been emptied and the towel and bathmat that were taken were not replaced. I took the trash to a housekeeper, who took it, handed me trash bags then followed me to the room. She wanted to clean the room; I told her it sort of had been. Twenty minutes later, she's knocking on the door, asking me if I wanted her to clean the room. Before and after the knock, the housekeepers were having a grand time out in the hallway: Laughing raucously, talking very loudly and vacuuming into as well as around the walls. My partner was trying to take a nap before we went back out; the staff made this impossible.
I don't even hold the hotel responsible for the parents who used the hallways as a race track for their loud kids. I've been places where you're informed at check in that 10 or 11 p.m. is "quiet time". That would be a good idea; it's not really cool to have to listen to the housekeepers during the day and bratty kids at night.....

Room Tip: The rooms that weren't suites looked very small. (I would know since housekeeping had doors prop...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for your experience here during the holidays with rambunctious families and loud housekeepers.
I can assure you that the housekeepers have been informed to keep their work at a more acceptable noise level for our guests. We have also informed them to be more attentive in the rooms when going about their duties and in more severe cases (like your own) disciplinary actions have taken place.
Also, the breakfast menu is being completely re-examined since your review. And I can assure you that more delectable options are currently in the works of replacing the options you witnessed before.
Due to the repeated complaints of yourself and past guests, new options for mattress pads and/or mattresses are being looked into. We want you to be comfortable. We want your business. We want you to have a wonderful experience.
I know that we failed to show you why this hotel is an Award Winner. And for that I cannot apologize enough! We want this to be a home away from home for you; and changes are being made so this can be possible. I can only hope that you will be willing to give this hotel another chance.

Hotel Management & Staff
Holiday Inn Express Northeast
Lexington, KY
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a very highly rated hotel in Lexington, and I'll admit that it's nicer than many places you'll stay. That being said, I have a few qualms with the property. (I want to give it 3 stars, but it was an overall good stay).

We stayed two nights, checking in late on a Friday. No problem, at all. We know Lexington well, so the location, while not in downtown, is close enough to everything (a highlight--check out the Lex. National Cemetery down the road from the hotel---awesome if you love history!)

One issue was the VERY squeaky floor in our third floor room. I feel the the people below us. It was bad and so squeaky!

The breakfast was simple and not so great. Eggs were gross and the biscuits and gravy were not tasty. Coffee was good, and lots of fruit was available. The highlight was easily the pancake machine. I want one for my house!

My biggest issue was what happened on Saturday night. There was a MASSIVE storm that swept through Kentucky, causing tornado warnings throughout the area (the sirens went off in town). After our hotel lost power, I went downstairs to inquire about what to do in case of severe weather (it was pretty severe at that time, but no tornadoes). The lady working the desk didn't know what to do, didn't seem to care, actually, and was more concerned about finding a cigarette to smoke since she couldn't do work due to the power outage. All employees should at least know where guests should go in case of bad weather. So, if the weather is nice when you stay there, you'll have no problems.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank macon_volfan
walkerw2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
We would like to thank you for coming and staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Lexington, KY. We take pride in providing great hotels that guest love. We are an award winning hotel, with that being said we are not perfect for sure. We hope that the few things that you saw wrong with our hotel will not stop you from coming back and seeing us. We want each hotel guest to be the happiest they can be while staying here. I can assure you that I will be holding another training session to show everyone again where the emergency disaster manual is and what we need to do with each event. We hope that it never happens again, but if the electric does go out we will be prepared. With that being said we hope you all have a wonderful new year and we hope to see you back with us in 2014.