“Overall amazing!!!”

Taj India Indian Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 904 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Indian Restaurant, Indian Buffert, Family Restaurant, Seven Days Serves.
“Overall amazing!!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I love Taj India. My girlfriend and I come and eat at Taj several times a month, and we absolutely love the friendly staff, and amazing food. The newly renovated dining room is very inviting, and the family who owns the restaurant are some of the kindest people ever!! Raj is also a very awesome server and friend!!

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Wcbj606

“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I enjoy the food at Taj India because it has vegetarian food. The spices are healthy and very good. The service is excellent. The atmosphere is relaxing and an Oasis away from every day Lexington.

3 Thank Tammy B
Lexington, Kentucky
“Amazing Indian food”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is one of the best Indian restaurants i have eaten at , and Raj is one of the best hosts and servers in Lexington, Really this place is great, the food is amazing and they really cater to your needs, I'm Vegan and they even made food specially to accommodate me even when I got the buffet one day. This is an amazing place to eat and I suggest to anyone.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Eman N
Beijing, China
“Great authentic Indian food!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Taj is near my place and I eat breakfast there often (lunch buffet). While the buffet is pretty typical with their nice hot milk tea as an exception, they really shine when you order off the menu.

Having grown up in SE Asia and eaten Indian food my entire life, this is my goto place when I'm in US and they never fail to provide fresh consistent dishes. Also, if you like your dishes at a proper Indian hot just ask and they will provide.

My fav's are Lamb Vindaloo, Rogan Josh, Malai Kofta (delicious!), any Saag, and a pan fried cauliflower that they serve in their buffet's from time to time.

If you like quality Indian food, The Taj is my favourite in Lexington. Great food, great service from very friendly owners.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank cdapex
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went there for a late lunch. We were seated and handed menus after standing at the front for a few minutes. After looking through the menu a guy in a sweatshirt comes up and said do you want the buffet and we replied no. He then stated the buffet is the only thing available. We took a look at the buffet and it looked old and picked over. I then asked again if we could order from the menu and he replied no so we walked out. Food may be good but we were never given the opportunity to try.

1 Thank 9550John