“Best subs in the bluegrass”
Review of Firehouse Subs - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Firehouse Subs
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast food
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Firehouse Subs, founded in Jacksonville, Fla. by former firefighting brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, is a 426-unit fast casual restaurant chain. Firehouse Subs® offers oversized portions of premium hand-sliced meats and cheeses, steamed to make the flavors burst, then piled high with fresh produce atop a toasted sub roll. The restaurants reflect the authentic firefighter heritage of the founding family’s 200 years of firefighting service.
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Finally, someone to compete with subway and jimmy johns. Firehouse puts them to shame, plus they have the greatest soda fountain ever!

5  Thank Harvey11b

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Lexington and college campuses in general are usually inundated with sub shops and it's hard to find one that stands out BUT Firehouse Subs definitely does. It takes a short wait to get your subs but it's definitely worth it. The Smokehouse Beef and Cheddar Brisket is out of this world! The bread stays dry and firm, the tanginess of the cheddar offsets the meat. The Italian is also delicious: loaded with meat, cheese, lettuce and tomato. They also have the new fountain machine where you can add over 100+ syrups to your drink. Plus the mural? The mural is worth seeing at the UK location, especially if you bleed blue like most of us in Kentucky.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Firehouse subs puts out a quality product and the one in Lexington is an excellent example of this. The location is perfect, just off of the University of Kentucky campus. The staff greets you as you walk in and the restaurant is always neat and clean. I enjoy most of their subs with the Hook and Ladder and BBQ Brisket being some of my favorites. Surprisingly, their Meatball Sub is incredibly good. My only complaint would be their steak sub. I like mine fried or grilled and most of the subs here are steamed and baked.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Great Subs but i was blown away by their new fountain machine 100+ drink flavors?!?!?! finally some selection in diet drinks thus my enthusiasm. I really love the atmosphere and the food is very tasty!

Reviewed 11 April 2009

I went there back in the fall, and they accidentally gave my sub somebody else with the same first name. So I asked about my food, and they fixed me a new sub within 5 minutes. One of the workers then came and apologized, and gave me a card for a free sub. They made it right, and that's all that really mattered. But if you're in a hurry for your food, and you have a name like Mike or John, you might want to give them another name that is less common, like Montel Williams.

I cashed that in a week or so ago, and got another Italian Sub. It was great. The flavors jump right out at you, but nothing overpowers anything else. The bread doesn't get soggy like you sometimes get, and it's just an all around good sub. I'd like to try some of their other food, but that sub is so good that I hate to stray from it.

The atmosphere is good for a sandwich shop. By that I mean that the place is clean and the staff is friendly. They've got some tables set up outside, and you should take advantage of those when the weather is nice. It's probably my new favorite place to eat near the UK campus.