“Your Taste Buds Deserve Better!”

Country Cooking by George
Ranked #555 of 948 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife and I went to visit my mother and was encouraged by another relative to try this restaurant. I love buffets and figured and was eager to try some "good" country cookin'. Wow, what a mistake! The food tasted just like it was poured from cans into their serving trays with absolutely no seasoning. We tried several items and NOTHING taste good. I thought to myself, " I have come to visit my mom and I am punishing her by bringing her to this place." The $7.95 price would be a fantastic buffet price if it was associated with Golden Corral, but for this restaurant it is too much.

1  Thank Jeff40330

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I really don't recommend this place, and more because the price range should be more expensive $10.50 plus drink for poor buffet dinner not its cheap!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

You will appreciate this great restaurant! The buffet features all of your home cooking favorites! Fried chicken, country ham, frog legs, fried green tomatoes, carrot cake, blackberry cobbler...just a few of the yummy choices! Lunch special is $7.95. My daughter ate with me and said it reminded her of being at a friends kitchen with her home cooking! I agree! 100% inspection score when we visited!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

A popular place for country-style food in a buffet restaurant (including fired green tomatoes). The background music was old-style country. The food inspection rating when I was there was 98 = very good. Be sure to give it a try.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

We eat here a LOT! Great little buffet restaurant with an amazing variety of homestyle dishes-fabulous fried chicken, breaded fried catfish, pot roast, frog legs. . .great selections and they change them up so there's always a surprise. Sometimes they have crab cakes, sometimes shrimp. The other day they had corned beef. They always have fried green tomatoes, corn cakes, and homemade mashed potatoes and two kinds of gravy. They usually (if not always) have kale greens with vinegar nearby, and white bean soup-two of my personal favorites. They always have a couple of desserts with an ice cream machine to ala mode if you wish. We have tried to keep this to ourselves for selfish reasons, but it's too good not to give them well deserved praise!