“Very convenient to St. Joseph Hospital”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Campbell House

The Campbell House
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Union, Kentucky
“Very convenient to St. Joseph Hospital”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Campbell House is just across the street from St. Joseph's Hospital in Lexington (not for walking, however, as it crosses a busy road). It was very convenient to stay there when a family member was having surgery, and they offer a very generous discount for hospital related stays. There were welcoming cookies, and nice Tempurpedic beds. There was a small but nice exercise room and a relatively small but nice pool. The meal in the restaurant was good although a little expensive. The staff was very pleasant. I would stay there again, especially if a family member was at St. Joseph's.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I love it here! Jason, Jennifer, David, Lindsay and all the other staff at Kilburn were amazing! The food is great, I love the variety of food and desserts. Then we went to the gift shop and selected some beautiful gifts from Madonna. This gift shop is the best kept secret in Lexington! She hand wraps the gifts after purchase. My sister bought a fur wrap with a matching muff! The rooms are comfortable and large. Josetta, at the front desk is very knowledgeable and so sweet. She goes above and beyond to get you the right room, right area and gives a nice layout of the facility! I love it here and can't wait to go back!,

Room Tip: Any room here is good! The hotel is centrally located. Very close to St Jo hospital and Cardinal Hil...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I am a Seminar Speaker, and have stayed and taught at this hotel in the past. For some reason, my company booked me off-site for my next training at this location. Even though I have to pay extra, it is worth it to stay here! Customer service is always superb. Staff are very helpful during the day while I conduct my seminar. Top notch hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
The Campbell Ho... L, Manager at The Campbell House, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear sunhawkins,

Thank you very much for your review of The Campbell House following your recent visit to Lexington, KY! We are so pleased to hear that your experiences at our property have been very satisfactory, as we are continuously striving to make improvements and serve our guests appropriately. Our hotel prides itself on the level of customer service we provide, as well as the Banquet/Meeting functions we facilitate.
As the New Year begins, there are many exciting things happening at The Campbell House, including a full-scale renovation of the hotel. We will provide more details concerning the renovation as the information becomes available, but again, thank you for your review and thank you for your loyalty to our beloved hotel!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

After reading recent reviews on Tripadvisor, I was prepared for the worst at the Campbell House. I was, however, pleasantly surprised. I agree that the hotel is fairly dated and in need of a redec; however, I think the vitriol of some of the comments are unfair. Yes, the furniture is dated, but they're not falling apart and more than serve their purpose. My room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is well-located, only a 5-7 minute drive from the University Campus and/or downtown and a 15 minute drive from Keeneland. I'm not sure what more you can ask for in a hotel, especially if, like me, you purchased at a deep discount via Priceline.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear vandyalum,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Campbell House, and we really appreciate your comments/observations! The customer service we provide to our guests is a key factor to the success of our property, and we are so happy that you found your accommodations suitable for your needs. The location of our hotel is also a convenience for our guests, with our close proximity to the University of Kentucky, Lexington's Bluegrass Airport and Keeneland.
In reference to the need of a renovation, plans are currently being finalized to begin a massive restoration of the property in 2014. Now under new ownership and management, we are very excited to see what the future brings!
Again, thank you for reviewing our property and providing us the necessary feedback needed to make improvements and better serve our guests!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Ok we got here last night and after checking in we came to the room. We started reading the reviews. Wow it wasn't good. Well here goes. Check in went well. The lady was very very friendly. I thought the room was great. The wife is a little pickier. Yes the motel is older. Was not built in the last 10 years. So what. I am a construction worker and I appreciate and like the older building. I had an issue with the shower so I called the front desk. Within 3 minutes the guy was here and helped. Problem solved. It was more me than the shower. So overall it is hats off to the Campbell House and staff. What? Would I stay again? YES over and over again. Thanks to all that I spoke to.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ed M
Loudon, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I can understand why the Crowne Plaza recently sold this property. It is now called Campbell House. While the bed was very comfortable, I don't have anything else nice to say about this hotel. If our room is an indication of the whole property, a lot of remodeling is needed. Also, the staff needs retraining on customer service. The location is a plus if you're going to Keeneland Racetrack.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SLiebbe
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I booked this hotel room months ago - and they are NO LONGER A CROWNE PLAZA. They did not reach out to me, to let me know of this change. But the quality of this hotel room was very poor. It was not clean. The walls were very thin. It is not high quality - if you're looking for a nice clean room - look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends