The Campbell House, A Curio Collection by Hilton
US$172
US$152
Hyatt Place Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$152
US$140
Country Inn
Clarion Hotel Conference Center North(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$103
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$151
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Candlewood Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$98
Travelocity
US$175
US$153
US$251
US$204
  • Pool
All reviewshistoric hotelsouthern charmbreakfast buffetan older hotelindoor poolclose to downtownice machinewould stay againstaff was very friendlybed was very comfortablelexington areabogartscurioslobbyrenovationmakeupuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Let me start this review by being fair: the hotel is in the middle of being renovated, but I honestly did not expect the room to be in the shape it was. You can tell this hotel *used* to be very nice. Unfortunately, our room was very dark (view of a brick wall about 2-3 feet from the window) and, more importantly, had all kinds of maintenance issues. Our bathroom had a massive crack in the sink and dark stains in the tub grout. There was stuff on the wallpaper that I didn't want to get a closer look at, and the closet door's magnet lock was completely non-functional, meaning that we had to push it closed every time we needed to get to the bathroom. Weirdly, the room had a microwave and no refrigerator, although there was an obvious space where the refrigerator should have been. What upset me most about this stay was that I paid nearly the same rate for this hotel as I had for a similar room at the gorgeous Hyatt Regency in downtown Cincinnati the night before. We were more than happy to check out the next morning. Rest assured that I will be avoiding this place next year, even if it has the event's group rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was my second stay at this historic hotel. I definitely appreciate the history, but it is dated and is long overdue for the current remodeling project that it is under. The rooms are dark, the hallways need vacuuming, and there is a musty smell overall. Food and bar are good and the some of the staff is friendly. I regret to say that I suggest you pass on this hotel and possibly consider it post-remodel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stan D
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was expecting a top notch southern hospitality type hotel. Not the case, the front desk clerk mumbled and could not understand him. Asked the next clerk about the hotel gift shop for postcards? she said to go next door to Rite Aid.(sure the hotel liked the loss of gift shop business). Didnt feel real welcome from the minute we arrived.

The room was old and needed an update. For $149 a night, I could have done better at the chain places.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jake E
Reviewed 1 May 2014

A beautiful hotel just past its prime with a renovation that will hopefully bring it up to speed! Great staff with a willingness to go out of their way to help, but a building that needs more than a face lift. Decent bar and restaurant although going offsite for food and drink is a better option.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jeffl499
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Each day we stood in 3 inches of water when we showered, we requested towels and they had holes in them. The hotel is very dark and old and like a maze to get to the lobby. Humiliated by bartender and staff. Anyone who has written a good review on this hotel must work there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends