“Good place to stay”

Hyatt Place Lexington
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Nice place. Clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly. The only issue I has us because it sets on a hotel drive, when i was packing the car early in the morning, I had a pick up truck stop behind me, kept the motor running and the guy started to approach me looking to get money or to roll me for it. Quick thinking got me out of trouble but I will not go back there unless they find a way to separate the traffic to keep vagrants from their property.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Flytying1956

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
university mo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

First time using Hyatt Place chain of hotels. Location is good for travelling around Lexington. Courteous check in staff, asked for a super quiet room and got one; no complaints
Layout and size of the room was excellent and super clean.
Breakfast has many very tastey items, enough to keep you satisfied until dinnertime. Detail paid to keeping the breakfast area cleared and clean.
Nice pool and workout room, towels were provided.
Great value!

If all Hyatt Place locations are like this one, we will seek them out for future travel

Room Tip: rooms facing away from hiway 75 are quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in Lexington, KY and this one is by far the best one that I have ever stayed in. I stopped at the Hilton to get a room but they didn't offer a free breakfast. The lady at the Hilton suggested that I go to the Hyatt and I am glad that she did. Check-in was smooth, the entire hotel was clean and smelled good, the pool was very warm and breakfast was good. The best part was the rooms have 2 beds plus a pull out couch bed, so my kids didn't have to sleep together. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The staff, attention to details (request for hypo allergenic pillows, blankets fulfilled), decor, amenities, and breakfast were all outstanding. It's a great value and close to restaurants, shopping, and the interstate. I plan to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I stopped here with our 3 year old son on the way home to GA. We were very impressed with the room size, view, and room in general. We were positioned right by the elevator and didn't hear a thing all night. The beds were comfortable. The room was very clean and I was very impressed with the free breakfast. Eggs with spinach and mushrooms, sandwiches, french toast- it was wonderful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. This was the first Hyatt Place we have stayed that had a pool. Room was very nice and modern. Suggest adding for guests some empty, bedside electrical recpticals for charging phones. The ones provided were already being used by clocks and lights. They had a nice desk area for charging but not close to bed. Check in was slower than we have ever experienced as there was only one clerk who was responsible was serving at the bar area (which is a great addition) and checking in guests. Overall, great stay, nice room and enjoyable complimentary breakfast.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My husband and I decided at the last minute to stay overnight on a road trip, so as not to make my elderly grandmother stay up late waiting on us to get to her home. We decided to stop in Lexington, Kentucky and the Hyatt Place was conveniently located to the Interstate. The price was very reasonable - especially considering breakfast was included. When we arrived, we asked at the front desk if they had any suggestions for dinner and they - without hesitation - suggested Malone's (which happens to be within walking distance of the hotel). Thinking they were just recommending the closest place, I was a little hesitant, but was more than pleasantly surprised with my dinner (see review of Malone's in Lexington - best steak I've ever had and excellent service, too).

Our room was very spacious, the furniture was comfortable, and the bed was wonderful. The rooms are set up great for business or relaxation. The facilities at the hotel were clean and in good shape. The free breakfast was very good - lots of selection and enough to fill us up for the rest of our road trip.

If you are driving on I-75 or I-64 and need a place to stay - even if for just one night - don't overlook the Hyatt Place - you won't regret it.

Room Tip: You can get a room on the interstate side, but it's quieter away from the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family