“Front Desk”

Hyatt Place Lexington
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed there for 2 days last week and had the pleasure of coming back this week and I can't give enough praise to the staff. Amie went above and beyond. Sandra, Misty and Lillian were all there both trips and were very pleasant and always smiling. The rooms were well kept and extremely spacious. The free breakfast was full of both cold and hot options. A+ was and understatement. The entire staff were friendly and very accommodating. The meeting rooms were also well supplied with our needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Room was nice, fairly quiet for being next to an interstate, it wasn't loud enough to bother me, but you could hear the traffic somewhat. Breakfast was very good, fairly decent options for a free breakfast (hot sandwiches, cereal, bread, fruit, oatmeal, etc). Staff was friendly, I saw them on several occasions try and help people who didn't have reservations find a hotel to stay since they were booked. I'd definitely stay here again when in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Hotel staff was friendly and the hotel room was clean. Only issue we had was not a major issue but we had a two queen bed room and one of the beds had a huge worn out indent, we're the mattress was worn out. Every time you payed down you rolled to the whole!

I do like the lay out of the hotels rooms and the large screen television.

We left too early for breakfast, wish we could of tried it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

First, the good. I really liked the room style at this hotel. Great for a family to comfortably spread out. I really liked the location. We were able to walk to several restaurants and a great ice cream shop. We really liked Malone's and Graeter's ice cream.

But there were several things about the hotel that I didn't like. I requested a room on a low floor when I checked in. I was booked on the top floor. They were able to move me a few floors down, but we could not get the 1st or 2nd floor. The breakfast times are inconvenient. On Friday morning we had hoped to sleep in. But breakfast ended at 9 and everything was promptly removed at 9 sharp. We were there on Labor Day and expected the same and woke up early so we could eat.. But they did stay open later, but failed to notify anyone in advance.

I had 2 small complaints about the room. There is no microwave, which would have been useful. And there were only 2 working electric outlets outside of the bathroom which required juggling to charge our 3 phones.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Great location near interstate, restaurants, and shopping. We had a king suite and it was just what we needed. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a microwave in the room.
We really appreciate the cleanliness and the friendliness of the cleaning staff. Breakfast was nice and the ladies replenishing the food were really nice.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I like the hotel, have stayed there many times, but will never deal with Hyatt again. I made a simple mistake and booked the wrong night. Manager would not put me in a room, which they had available, even though I had paid $135 and not stayed yet. Did offer me a slight discount, but I took it as a slap in the face. Some people can't afford to pay $235 a night for a 3 star hotel sir.

Stayed: September 2013
David M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Drewser320,

I apologize for the issue with your reservation booked through Expedia.com. Sadly, I do not have the ability to issue refunds from 3rd party sites like Expedia.com or Priceline.com. I tried to offer a substantial discount for the issue with original booking. I would be happy to speak with you again regarding this prior booking.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Easy check-in. Everyone was professional and courteous. The beds were amazingly comfortable. Coffee maker and refrigerator in room. The free breakfast was really well-done with good food and lots of variety. Close to everything. Will stay here agin when in Lexington.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends