“Stay here!”

Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Columbus, Ohio
“Stay here!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Being "drop-in" guests, we weren't sure what we would find, but the risk worked out. The staff was courteous and cheerful, and offered us a better rate than we saw online. Our room was exceptionally clean and nice. Our room was next to the elevators, but we heard nothing of them or other guests. The room was set up like a suite and the beds were very comfortable. It is located near great restaurants and good shopping. I am unable to "gush" enough about this hotel. My only complaint is that we could hear the highway noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the building away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Second time staying at this Hyatt Place. Quick check in and room was on requested high floor. Room was clean and modern. Enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and staff did a great job. Nice to have bar available for evening drink or snack. Nice experience, will stay again.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by highway noise, be sure to request you not be put on that side of the building...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Franklin, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We found Hyatt Place by accident for a quick anniversary getaway.
We had no complaints.
I made the reservation online and found an excellent rate. I included an additional note that it was our anniversary and we wanted a specific location and they actually read the note and responded. (They also gave us a little gift bag!)
If we needed something, we asked and it was taken care of.
The room and bathroom was clean. ( The shower was wonderfully large but needs a bench. )
Whoever designed the room did not check the doors for the closet & bathroom, they collide.
The breakfast was different with breakfast sandwiches, cereals, fruit, etc. it was definitely one of the better free breakfast we have had at a hotel.
They have a 24hr casual restaurant/lounge which is located where they have the free breakfast. We did not sample the menu but I heard several guests say it was good.
There are sofas, chairs and tables everywhere for folks to sit for business or relaxation. (The business center is also there.)
I didn't check out the pool but I noticed the fitness center was open 24 hrs, which is great and the hotel is pet friendly.
The photos are deceiving concerning the room divider, if you need one, ask.
There is no complimentary coffee, you have to buy the Starbucks at the restaurant/lounge or perk your own in the room. (I'm one of those who likes coffee). In addition, there are no microwaves in the rooms but there is one downstairs.
As for the staff, they were great, especially the night staff. Everyone was friendly.
When we return to Lexington, we will stay here.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Placida, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Right off I75 and a block or two from all kinds of shopping and restaurants, location is great.
Unlike some other Hyatt Place hotels, this has a nice indoor pool. Rooms and common areas are clean as a whistle and nicely updated. Some noise from the highway so ask for a room on the other side.

• Stayed October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Great amenities and super friendly staff. I would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers would want the comforts of home but also need a space to concentrate on work. My only complaint is that the walls need more insulation as I could hear the conversation in the room next to me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed there for 2 days last week and had the pleasure of coming back this week and I can't give enough praise to the staff. Amie went above and beyond. Sandra, Misty and Lillian were all there both trips and were very pleasant and always smiling. The rooms were well kept and extremely spacious. The free breakfast was full of both cold and hot options. A+ was and understatement. The entire staff were friendly and very accommodating. The meeting rooms were also well supplied with our needs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Miamisburg, Ohio
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Room was nice, fairly quiet for being next to an interstate, it wasn't loud enough to bother me, but you could hear the traffic somewhat. Breakfast was very good, fairly decent options for a free breakfast (hot sandwiches, cereal, bread, fruit, oatmeal, etc). Staff was friendly, I saw them on several occasions try and help people who didn't have reservations find a hotel to stay since they were booked. I'd definitely stay here again when in town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple