“Fantastic Hotel for Stop Over on Way Home From Disney World”

Hyatt Place Lexington
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Kitchener, Canada
“Fantastic Hotel for Stop Over on Way Home From Disney World”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place on our way home from Disney World back to Ontario. This hotel looked almost brand new to us and it was really nice. The front lobby/café area was very modern and nicer than most hotels in this class. Our room was huge, had two queens as well as a big living room type area. We checked in late at night and had no issues getting into our room and getting right to sleep. Staff was super friendly with check-in and the next morning for check-out. Free wi-fi was fast and the free breakfast was delicious. They had really good breakfast sandwiches, along with French toast, cereal, fruit, and pastries.

Highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stop here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Robin M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I appreciate the feedback about our staff, and was delighted to see you enjoyed our breakfast offerings during your stay. We hope to see you again when you are in the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I'm pretty tough on hotels. For $169/night and multiple other hotel choices nearby, I expect the full treatment. No misses. I stayed at this hotel for two nights, business travel. For the price and for the brand name "Hyatt", my expectations where high. It was not a total let-down by any means, there were some hits as well as misses.

Miss 1: Carpets in hallways dirty. Direly needed a vacuum. My first impression.
Miss 2: Breakfast was a joke. Didn't eat it.
Miss 3: The air conditioner is located 12" from the bed. When the compressor kicked on, it froze that side of the bed. I was alone, so I just slept over on the other side. Had my wife been with me, she would have turned to ice. Or, I would have turned to ice... depending on who you want to believe wears the pants - LOL.

Hit 1: Strong, friendly welcome at check-in and fast.
Hit 2: Clean room and clean bathroom
Hit 3: Extremely quiet room. Even when it was fairly noisey out in the halls.
Hit 4: Comfortable bedding and an assortment of pillows (1 worked great for me)
Hit 5: Large room

So in all, would I stay here next time (and yes, I will be back on business here)? No, I'll try another hotel, there are several close-by. Had the price been $100 - $110, then definitely yes, I would stay here again. I've become fairly spoiled by excellent hotels in the $100-110 price range.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Hyatt Place Lexington. I apologize that your stay was anything short of exceptional and have reviewed your positive and constructive comments with the staff. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.
O'Fallon, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our first experience staying at the Hyatt Place Lexington, but it definitely will not be our last. The best way to describe our impression of this hotel is to compare it to an Italian botique lodging in the middle of Kentucky. It is very modern in appearance, feel, and service. After a several days of interstate travel, we appreciated Amie's warm welcome at the front desk. She had our reservations well in hand, including our room preferences, and also provided us with great advice concerning places to dine. Although the Hyatt is conveniently located just off the interstate, the setting is amazingly quiet, even more so in the individual rooms. The rooms themselves have all the amenities, including a nice selection of cable television channels. The bathroom is also a cut above what one would normally expect -- it certainly impressed my wife. In the morning guests are treated to a very nice breakfast before exploring Lexington or hitting the interstate. Last, but not least, is the fact that parking is plentiful and designed so that all spots are within reasonable distance of entrances to the hotel.

Room Tip: Because of its setting, I don't believe this Hyatt has any bad rooms. It is multi-story, so gue...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlie282
Robin M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! Amie was excited when she saw your review, and appreciated the feedback. I am happy that we will have you with us again on future visits!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've stayed at this Hyatt Place multiple times and would recommend it to anyone. It's in a great location, just off I-75 at Man O' War Blvd., conveniently located to shopping and many restaurants, both fast food and casual dining. It offers a clean, comfortable stay at a value price.

The hotel is very modern with inviting spaces in the lobby and breakfast area. The rooms are large with one king or two queen beds and a large sitting area with a queen sofa bed, a large desk and refrigerator. The beds are comfortable and I enjoy the large walk-in showers.

The free breakfast is one of the best of type, offering at least one hot option as well as oatmeal, cold cereal, breads and pastries, mixed fruit, fresh fruit and beverages. The hot options during my one night stay included french toast or a breakfast sandwich.

The staff is always efficient, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We hope to continue to have you as our guest during your future trips to Lexington!
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I first stayed here in Oct of 2011 when my wife and I attended a friends wedding. Stayed here last week while passing thru for work.

A friendly staff, clean rooms and the location has it set back enough to be quiet and also be in walking distance of some fast food as well as better restaurants.

I don't think you will be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Robin M, Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy you chose us for your return visit to Lexington! We hope to see you again on future visits.
LaPorte, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We went to Lexington for a weekend getaway. We chose Hyatt Place, because it was located off of I-75. We stayed until Monday morning. The room was very spacious, clean an even had 42 inch TV. The beds were very comfortable to sleep on. The staff was great to deal with. We were going to arrive after midnight and I called and they went ahead and checked us in. On Saturday, we came back to the hotel and decided to sit down at the bar and have a drink. We had a great conversation with one of the employees, Samantha. We asked her about things to do in the area. She gave us some brochures and told us about some other things. She always had a smile. We also went back to the bar on Sunday and Samantha was a joy to talk with and also helped other customers. The only disappointment was they were out of the huge cinnamon rolls I wanted to try, but the cheesecake with caramel was awesome. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Robin M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Samantha was delighted to hear she made your stay more enjoyable. We hope you are able to visit us again, and get the chance to try our huge cinnamon rolls!
Lawrence
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

That's what I'm doing: traveling with a six month old. I had to be in Lexington for a conference and my spouse and daughter came with me. The rooms were spacious and clean and homey, perfect if you're traveling with a tiny person and need to spread stuff out. One word of warning: the bathrooms have a tiled stall shower. So, keep that in mind if you need a bathtub. Otherwise, the rooms were lovely and the bed and linens sumptuous.

The breakfast was about as good as a hotel breakfast gets in this country. Coffee and tea are high quality. (We didn't pull out the French press once and we are...coffee snobs). The pool was chilly and noisy with other kids jumping in and screaming their heads off, so not ideal for a tiny baby, but it was fine and cooled us off. The location is good, about an easy 15 minutes drive from downtown. There are several restaurants in the area.

My one complaint: The hotel is smoke free but either someone was smoking in their room or the intake vent for the bathrooms is somewhere near a smoking area outside. We were on the 4th floor and I smelled smoke on several occasions throughout our stay. I called the front desk each time but it seemed unlikely that someone would smoke so frequently in the hotel in violation of the policy. So, I'm thinking it is somewhere outside or in the basement. This was my only problem with the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sfaj
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our breakfast and coffee! I apologize for the issue with the smoke smell. I would like to assure you this is not a normal occurrence. We investigated the source of the issue and were able to resolve it. We hope to see you again, if you happen to be in the Lexington area.