“Perfect for a wedding weekend”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Perfect for a wedding weekend”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We picked this hotel among several in Lexington to block off rooms for our guests for our wedding and to stay on our first night. We could not have been more happy with the results. The staff was a huge help and made everything extremely easy (specifically Summer and Chaz). But every member of the staff made the whole family's stay comfortable.

Rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel is great to get a good feel of downtown Lexington. My wife and all her bridesmaids even got ready in one room.

I'd say location is one of the best features. It's centrally located to everything downtown. Our guests walked to our ceremony and reception location at Gratz Park and the Carrick House. It's also right across the street from Rupp Arena.

Request a room that overlooks Triangle Park, it's a great view at night.

Lastly, you've gotta have breakfast at the Triangle Grille. Lots of local food and seriously one of the best breakfasts for the value in Lexington.

We will stay here again and again and recommend to family again and again.

Room Tip: The junior suite on the 5th floor is great!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan H
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you so much for this excellent review of our hotel and staff. I’m so happy to hear we were able to accommodate you and your wedding guests. I will definitely share your nice compliments with our entire staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
York, PA
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Due to storms and power outages in West Virginia my summer vacation plans had changed. I ended up going to Lexington, KY. Wanting to treat myself to a more up scale hotel experience I decided to spend a few nights at the Hilton Downtown Lexington.
Upon check in I found the front desk staff friendly and helpful. I requested a high room and they put me on the 15th floor. Everything was as I expected it to be. It was over the Fourth of July Holiday so I'm sure things were quieter than usual there and figured that with the convention center right across the street that things get more active when there is a convention in town.
There was nothing disappointing about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
I’m so happy to hear you had a great stay and our hotel was an up-scale experience for you. Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you will visit us again.
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We visited the first weekend in August. I had found an excellent rate through Expedia for a king suite. Great location downtown close to everything. Excellent free parking. Check-in was smooth. Room was nice. plenty of space. Bathroom is a little cramped but amenities are adequate. Sleep number bed was nice. We had lunch in the hotel restaurant and the food was very good. The pool is small but hey at least they have one. I would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for letting us know your 3 night stay was excellent. We love hearing guests say they will definitely return and stay with us again. Nothing better than knowing our guests are satisfied.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Wonderful location in center of downtown Lexington, close to historical area. Pleasant room and very friendly staff. Internet worked fine. Free parking a big plus. Excellent breakfast buffet, but poor restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the great review. We also love our location right in the heart of downtown Lexington so close to everything. Free parking is another great perk for all of our guests. I will pass along your compliments to our hotel staff. Please come back and visit us again.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I had issues from the first day of a week long conference stay for CBMI. The room AC didn't get cool. They came to fix it, but it wasn't comfortable all week. Noticed a dirty hand print on the back of my bathroom door, I notified the front desk. When I returned from my classes, it still wasn't clean. I ended up getting hand santizer and wiping it off myself. I found hair in my tub and in a hand towel on two different days. The worse day was when I found a blood stain on my duvet cover. Once again I notified the front desk. When I returned to my room after class, housekeeping had left linen on my bed and a bottle of room freshener on my TV cabinet. The bed was uncomfortable, pillows too soft, and lastly, the iron was sticky.

This was the worst stay I have ever experienced at a Hilton property. As a HHonor member, I expect quality. I never received a call or any communication from management concerning the many issues during my stay. When I received my bill they had adjusted $50 off. I guess I should be happy for this small amount, but it's difficult compared to the balance they received. What happened to empathy and customer service?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank LadyCLS
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at our hotel. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room and am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that this is an area of great importance to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.
London
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed 3 nights for business; great facilities on the 16th and 17th executive floors, one of the best executive breakfast buffets I have had in the US (cereal, selection of fruit, yoghurt, eggs, pastries, toast, eggs, porridge, juices, coffee, tea) Conference rate of $105 per night and I purchased the stand by upgrade option to the executive floor for an extra $7 a night which was great value. Beds were very comfortable, pleasant room, bathroom and good views. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your stay while in town on business. I’m glad you got to upgrade and try out our Executive Lounge. Our goal is for everyone to have a productive stay. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Very nice and clean. Rooms have sleep number beds which took a little getting used to. Next to Rupp Arena and several restaurants. May get very busy during basketball season due to location. We didn't have any problems and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for writing and letting us know you had a great time and would recommend us to other travelers. We are definitely in the heart of downtown Lexington. Our guests love that we are within walking distance to so many restaurants, museums, and of course Rupp Arena. We hope your travels bring you back to see us soon.