“Exceptional Experience”

Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
South Venice, Florida
“Exceptional Experience”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at the Lexington Downtown Hilton as I was attending a wedding there. The quality of service from front desk staff to restaurant staff to hospitality staff at the wedding reception was great. The room was very comfortable with excellent linens and a great bed. The fitness center was great with great equipment and very roomy. If travelling to Lexington, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thanks for the recommendation! So happy to hear you had a relaxing and hassle-free stay while in town for a wedding. I will pass along your compliments to our Front Desk and Restaurant staff. Thanks again for the Great Review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Have stayed at this property several times in the past and reviewed once before. Still the best business hotel in Lexington. Great location, rooms, furnishings, food and service. But the newly expanded fitness center is worth mentioning. One of the best facilities I have seen in any full service business hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for letting us know you love our new fitness center! We definitely enjoy hearing our guest say we are the BEST in town. We hope your business travels bring you back to Lexington soon.
Covington, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

what a great hotel for a great price right downtown Lexington. Within walking distance to Rupp Arena and many area bars and restaurants. its the only place we stay when visiting Lexington. The walking bridges and terminals allow you to go an entire city block visiting shoppes and restaurants without ever stepping foot outside1 Great for cold weather!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Brad Z
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Great feedback! Thank you so much for submitting your review for our hotel. We love our location too! Being situated in the heart of downtown Lexington definitely has its advantages. We look forward to your next visit.
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Once I checked in at the hotel, I encountered the problem with someone else having the same room as me! Than after that problem was corrected my room had no heat for the whole stay. This problem was not corrected and I did not receive any discount. I'm not sure what is going on with this Hilton, but I will not be staying there in the future. Poor Services!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our property and brand goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations and I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. In your review, mentioned that you had some issues when you first checked-in regarding your room being double-booked. I sincerely apologize and assure you that your experience does not reflect the level of standards we strive to provide all our guests. I hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting us again.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me directly. I would very much like the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stay here every year for the Lexington Comic Convention. The location is brilliant, the breakfast is great.

Downfalls: Beds are very uncomfortable (need updated) & no Gold/Diamond upgrades yet after 3 stays. Also, the executive club is closed on the weekends.

Room Tip: Get a King - the doubles are not comfortable
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sending us your review regarding your recent stay. We are currently in the process of updating our sleep number beds with Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses. Please request on your next stay. Thanks again for the helpful feedback.
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Hilton is downtown around the corner from Rupp Arena and near several downtown restaurants - the location is convenient. The hotel is a "tired" Hilton and not to the standard I have come to expect from other Hilton properties. We stayed on the Executive floor which gave us access to snacks, coffee and breakfast - that was a nice perk.

The room itself was very clean and the linens appeared to be fairly new. The bathroom showed the most wear with some peeling paint on the ceiling (I suspect from the water from the shower) and the grout is a bit rough. The bathroom was very clean.

The mattresses were Sleep Number, which we have at home and I like. The issue was that the LCD displays on the controllers no longer worked so you couldn't be sure what number you were setting the bed to....sort of defeats the purpose. This was true for both queen beds so I don't think it was a fluke.

The hotel is safe and looks to be one of the more upscale places to stay in Lexington - the place just needs a good one site manager to go through each room and spruce them up with some TLC. This could be a great property - I'm rating it very good as is.

I also noticed in the elevator that another management company runs the hotel - not Hilton. I'm not sure if that made the difference or not. I like Hilton properties but this one is a bit of a step down from the many others at which I've stayed.

Room Tip: 16 and 17th floor are the Executive floors which gives you access to a lounge area.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
We really appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please be assured that we share this important information with our staff and it’s a great tool to help us improve our product and service. Thanks again for the great feedback.
Dayton
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed on 12/20 for UK game. Great location. Walk to game and never have to go outdoors. Used workout room which was great and breakfast Buffett was very good. Only downside was the loud band that played till about 1am which made it tough to sleep. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wso32
We appreciate you taking the time to send in a review on our hotel. I will pass along your compliments on our breakfast buffet to our Kitchen staff. We look forward to your next visit when in town for a UK game. Go CATS!