“I was expecting a little more...”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Jamesville, New York
“I was expecting a little more...”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Lexington Downtown while on business in the area and there were some good thinigs and some not so good things about the hotel. The staff was very nice and the view I had from my room on the 11th floor was beautiful. It overlooked the plaza. The bed was comfortable and the room itself was spacious and clean. The bathroom was normal sized and clean. The general decor seemed a little dated, but everything was in good condition. Where I expected more was in the amenities. Internet is not free unless you are a Hilton Honors Gold or above member. Breakfast is not included. They have a restaurant on site where you can purchase breakfast, but I was surprised that guests would not at least get a discount. Perhaps I have been spoiled by staying at too many lower costs hotels where breakfast and internet are included. One other little annoyance was that when I went to use the business center to print out boarding passes, the keyboards in the center are so used that many of the characters are worn off the keys making it very difficult for a "hunt and peck" typist like myself to use the computer. I would think that sort of item would be replaced on a regular basis. Overall, if I were on business in the area again, I would probably look around at some of the other area hotels first, but I would not be opposed to staying here. I probably would not stay here on a family trip due to the added costs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
We appreciate your review regarding your most recent stay with us. We use all feedback to help us better serve our guests. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to business center keyboards not being well marked. I hope you come back and stay with us again next time you are in town on business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Overall, a great stay! Great view in a spacious room on the 8th floor, front desk staff very friendly; however, the shower flow was only a trickle and could hear noise from neighboring rooms as well as the hallway. Very friendly staff in the restaurant! Awesome omelet!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thanks for the great feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know overall you enjoyed our hotel. I will pass along your compliments to our kitchen staff for the awesome omelet. We hope to see you again!
Reviewed 17 February 2014

So I must tell you about this place. Whe we came to our room there was hair on the back of the bathroom door (multiple hairs) The room was cold when we came in we turned the heat on 90 degrees still woke up cold. We called the front desk they checked heater out. The maintenance man said it could take a 24 hr period to heat the room and it would not go above 72 degrees. Because the heater was old and used water to heat the room. So they brought us a space heater. Really at a Hilton, after we complained again the refunded the first night. So we asked for our sheets to be changed on the second day they were not changed. Water in the shower would go off for no apparent reason. Hotel needs an upgrade. Beds are awful! They must have been the first beds created, when u change sleep number sounds like the bed is a airplane that is going to take off. I have stayed at many hotels, in earlier years we used to say at super 8 and plainly they were nicer. I am really shocked by this. Trust me for the price they charge it is not worth it. Hilton really ought to evaluate shutting this hotel down.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The Hilton Lexington is our favorite hotel for our UK visits to our student daughter. The staff is friendly and helpful. The self-parking is complimentary and adjacent to the hotel. The rooms and amenities are very nice. The rate is reasonable, especially for a downtown hotel. You can easily walk to several restaurants. We've never been disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your support of our hotel and love hearing you say we have never disappointed you. We will look forward to your next visit. Go UK!
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The individual rooms and accomodations were good. However, the conference facilities available for our use were not what we had been told would be available. The large room we were to have was given to another organization. Thus bait and switch!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to having to switch meeting rooms. We take all feedback seriously so it will help us better serve our guests.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

There's a reason to stay at a full-service hotel: Service. When we arrived after a long day on the road, we had no idea one of the tires on our vehicle had been losing air -- for a few blocks? A few miles? We don't know, but it was dead flat when we parked in the hotel's parking ramp. Bellman Ethan Barnes came to our rescue. After he delivered all our bags to our room, he found a repairman who CAME to the hotel garage IN THE EVENING to change the tire (no tow truck required -- and temps were in the 20s). It was like it never happened. Ethan saved our bacon and made our stay so much less stressful and more comfortable. This kind of service is one of the reasons we like Hilton.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for letting us know our service is that of superheroes! I will definitely pass along your compliments to Ethan a.k.a. Superman. Thanks again for the great feedback. I hope business brings you back our way again.
Rutherford, TN
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel could use some updating and "sprucing up" but it got the job done. The furniture, décor, carpet, etc. were somewhat dated and for the price it certainly didn't offer the amenities that other hotels do, even the simple things. Our room did not have a microwave or refrigerator and when we asked if those were available we were told no and that was really inconvenient for us since we were there for 3 days in a seminar and like to eat healthy therefore having our own food available. We did not have any major issues while there other than the room safe didn't work (they did offer to move us to another room) and the dresser door fell off the hinges when we simply opened it and the thermostat didn't seem to be accurate but it was just not what I have come to expect from a Hilton. I do want to send a big "shout out" to Mary who was working the front desk when we checked in late (around 11:30 pm) Thursday night (February 6th). She was extremely nice & helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to issues with your room. I will let Mary know she was helpful and made your late night check in go smoothly.