“Sleep Never Bed”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 28 February 2014

If your room has a Sleep Number Bed get another room. My bed as hard and very uncomfortable. I tried changing the settings but the bed did not work properly in changing the settings. Maintenance came up to help but frankly you cannot get an air bed to be comfortable. Even the maintenance worker said the hotel is replacing all of them. Since the sleep is the primary part of any hotel stay I value a good bed to get a good nights sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues in your room and with the bed, and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Great location!!!!!! But the beds not so good. Hotal was very clean and the employees very nice. Had a great time in Lexington. The pool and work out room was nice and clean. hopefully they will get new beds soon!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Speaking of new beds we are getting the new Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses installed in every guest room this weekend! We hope you will enjoy them on your next visit with family. Thanks for the review and feedback.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great accommodations and friendly staff.
We went to Lexington to go to the races and football game between Kentucky and Alabama. There were quite a few Crimson Tide rooters staying in the hotel. We felt right at home!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

I’m so happy to hear we made you feel at home while traveling! Thanks for taking the time and giving us some really great feedback on your stay. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just ask and typically if there is a problem and they can fix the issue they will. Clean and convenient. I would recommend to others. Very close with a catwalk to Rupp. Restaurant is very good, room service is great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for the great review! I’m so happy to hear you would recommend us to other business travelers. I will pass along your compliment to our staff. We will look forward to your next visit to Lexington, KY.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Lexington Downtown while on business in the area and there were some good thinigs and some not so good things about the hotel. The staff was very nice and the view I had from my room on the 11th floor was beautiful. It overlooked the plaza. The bed was comfortable and the room itself was spacious and clean. The bathroom was normal sized and clean. The general decor seemed a little dated, but everything was in good condition. Where I expected more was in the amenities. Internet is not free unless you are a Hilton Honors Gold or above member. Breakfast is not included. They have a restaurant on site where you can purchase breakfast, but I was surprised that guests would not at least get a discount. Perhaps I have been spoiled by staying at too many lower costs hotels where breakfast and internet are included. One other little annoyance was that when I went to use the business center to print out boarding passes, the keyboards in the center are so used that many of the characters are worn off the keys making it very difficult for a "hunt and peck" typist like myself to use the computer. I would think that sort of item would be replaced on a regular basis. Overall, if I were on business in the area again, I would probably look around at some of the other area hotels first, but I would not be opposed to staying here. I probably would not stay here on a family trip due to the added costs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate your review regarding your most recent stay with us. We use all feedback to help us better serve our guests. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to business center keyboards not being well marked. I hope you come back and stay with us again next time you are in town on business.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Overall, a great stay! Great view in a spacious room on the 8th floor, front desk staff very friendly; however, the shower flow was only a trickle and could hear noise from neighboring rooms as well as the hallway. Very friendly staff in the restaurant! Awesome omelet!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thanks for the great feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know overall you enjoyed our hotel. I will pass along your compliments to our kitchen staff for the awesome omelet. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

So I must tell you about this place. Whe we came to our room there was hair on the back of the bathroom door (multiple hairs) The room was cold when we came in we turned the heat on 90 degrees still woke up cold. We called the front desk they checked heater out. The maintenance man said it could take a 24 hr period to heat the room and it would not go above 72 degrees. Because the heater was old and used water to heat the room. So they brought us a space heater. Really at a Hilton, after we complained again the refunded the first night. So we asked for our sheets to be changed on the second day they were not changed. Water in the shower would go off for no apparent reason. Hotel needs an upgrade. Beds are awful! They must have been the first beds created, when u change sleep number sounds like the bed is a airplane that is going to take off. I have stayed at many hotels, in earlier years we used to say at super 8 and plainly they were nicer. I am really shocked by this. Trust me for the price they charge it is not worth it. Hilton really ought to evaluate shutting this hotel down.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.