“Good Hotel”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great Hotel in the center of downtown. Was able to walk to all the great restaurants and shops. Room was clean and comfortable. The bar had good service even during the busy basketball game. I would stay here again. Also the free shuttle to and from the airport is a great convince.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to send in a great review for our hotel. We love being located in the heart of downtown Lexington so close to everything too. I hope your business travels bring you back our way real soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed in hotel during a conference at the Hilton. They have a free shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel which is very nice, shuttle buses are run-down but hey it's free. Rooms are nice but the sleep number system does not work very smoothly, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Other people in my party had similar complaints about the bed. We had a room facing the triangle park and Rupp arena side which was cool during the day but awful at night as the city's ambulance, police, and firetrucks consistently used the roads in front of the hotel with their sirens on full blast! We were on the 6th floor and we could hear them through the night, if you are a light sleeper this is something to consider. Hotel is close to many restaurants and bars and walking distance to UK. I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 since the conference facility was decent and up to standard.

Room Tip: Avoid facing triangle park if you want to get a good night sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We just finished replacing all of our Sleep Number Beds with Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses. Our guests really like the new Serta beds in our guestrooms. Also we are getting new shuttle vans this month. We hope you come back and visit with us again to experience all of our upgrades.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This place is a disaster! They have sleep number beds that don't work. Very little water pressure that it takes forever to wash my razor off. And they charge $10.00 a day for internet! Hell, a cheapo hotel has free internet in their rooms! No fridge, no continental breakfast, their pool is a joke! Very sub standard to any Hilton I've stayed at before. For the price, this place is far below my expectations. Sadly they'll never improve it because it's Lexington...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I found this to be a great hotel. Rooms were well appointed but the sleep number beds have got to go. The one I had, I had to press the button very hard to get it to work but during the night it leaked back down. On site breakfast is awesome. One of the best I've ever had. Though not a fault of the hotel, there are constant sirens passing the hotel...either ambulance or fire and it seems to go all night.

Room Tip: Stay awake from rooms that have a sleep number bed. My first encounter with one but I wasn't im...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

We appreciate your feedback and letting us know you loved our food in the Triangle Grille. I’m happy to let you know we are getting all new Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses for every guest room this month. So please let us know what you think of them on your next visit!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I spent a night at the Hilton last weekend (2/23) as a "romantic getaway", and our first overnight together without children in over 6 years. The décor was fine, and location was good - but our level of comfort was less than what we hoped for. The sleep number bed was very uncomfortable. We could hardly get it to adjust, and the settings seemed to range from "hard as a rock" to "hard as a rock with a sinkhole in the middle". We also couldn't get our room to cool very well. We went to bed with a/c set on 70... I woke up a couple of hours later feeling very uncomfortably warm and stuffy. Turned it down to 65, and it never really cooled down. I spent several sleepless hours in the middle of the night laying on top of the covers, trying to get comfortable.

We were also a bit disappointed that the hotel would not offer a military rate. Originally, we booked online about a week ahead of time. After booking, we thought, "Oh man, we should have checked to see if they offer military rates!" I double checked, and they did - it was about $10 cheaper, and offered free breakfast. We decided that we'd just ask at check in if we could receive that rate, not thinking it would be a big issue. We were told no, they could not honor it. I suppose it's our fault for not immediately cancelling our original reservation and re-booking, but we just didn't think it would be an issue. Not a huge loss though. Just a reminder to other military families to ask and make sure you secure this rate when you first book your reservation, do not wait until check-in.

Parking in the adjacent parking garage is $8. I saw a reviewer who previously said parking is free... not so. An $8 parking charge is added onto your room bill.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LexKyMom

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to your sleep number bed not working properly. I’m happy to let you know that we are getting all new Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses installed in every guest room this month! Please come back and let us know what you think.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

If your room has a Sleep Number Bed get another room. My bed as hard and very uncomfortable. I tried changing the settings but the bed did not work properly in changing the settings. Maintenance came up to help but frankly you cannot get an air bed to be comfortable. Even the maintenance worker said the hotel is replacing all of them. Since the sleep is the primary part of any hotel stay I value a good bed to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues in your room and with the bed, and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Great location!!!!!! But the beds not so good. Hotal was very clean and the employees very nice. Had a great time in Lexington. The pool and work out room was nice and clean. hopefully they will get new beds soon!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Speaking of new beds we are getting the new Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses installed in every guest room this weekend! We hope you will enjoy them on your next visit with family. Thanks for the review and feedback.