“Ohio Valley Gathering” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
IMPERIAL
“Ohio Valley Gathering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel while attending the "Ohio Valley Gathering" where we met up with a lot of folks who enjoyed playing mountain dulcimers. The hotel room was comfortable and the staff was very attentive. I would like to commend Mojib and Ethan for helping us in and out of the hotel with all of our luggage, instruments, and instrument stands. The restaurant had great service and the food and prices were great. We look forward to going again next year.

Green Features: We had left our plastic bottles out for recycling but they were not taken. Would like to see this hotel start recyclying.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Great Review! We love the Dulcimer group. We look forward to their jam sessions every year. I will pass along your compliments to Ethan, Mojib, and the restaurant staff. We look forward to your return as well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I spend 2 months planning this weekend away for my husbands birthday...we pay more than we would have liked for a teeny tiny hotel room so we can by within walking distance....so you can only imagine the level of frustration when a group of women keep us awake ALL night laughing after calling the front desk twice...I now know all about their dr. appts, favorite new restaurants, and their poor little 95 year old neighbor. I could hear entire conversations! The front desk called and said "we sent a manager and we can't hear anything, would you like a free breakfast?" No, I would have liked to sleep. We are booked here again tonight and depending on how the day manager deals with this will depend if we actually stay. Our room fee is non refundable, but this night has been THAT miserable that I don't care to go home and lose the money.

DONT STAY HERE if sleep is your goal. If the manager comes back with a solution I may change my review but not for now....

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Nhcnsing
We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your special weekend. We apologize if your stay was compromised in any way due to other guests. Your feedback provides insight that we need in order to improve the way we handle such situations. Thank you for your review!
Tallahassee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great Hotel in the center of downtown. Was able to walk to all the great restaurants and shops. Room was clean and comfortable. The bar had good service even during the busy basketball game. I would stay here again. Also the free shuttle to and from the airport is a great convince.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We really appreciate you taking the time to send in a great review for our hotel. We love being located in the heart of downtown Lexington so close to everything too. I hope your business travels bring you back our way real soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed in hotel during a conference at the Hilton. They have a free shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel which is very nice, shuttle buses are run-down but hey it's free. Rooms are nice but the sleep number system does not work very smoothly, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Other people in my party had similar complaints about the bed. We had a room facing the triangle park and Rupp arena side which was cool during the day but awful at night as the city's ambulance, police, and firetrucks consistently used the roads in front of the hotel with their sirens on full blast! We were on the 6th floor and we could hear them through the night, if you are a light sleeper this is something to consider. Hotel is close to many restaurants and bars and walking distance to UK. I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 since the conference facility was decent and up to standard.

Room Tip: Avoid facing triangle park if you want to get a good night sleep.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We just finished replacing all of our Sleep Number Beds with Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses. Our guests really like the new Serta beds in our guestrooms. Also we are getting new shuttle vans this month. We hope you come back and visit with us again to experience all of our upgrades.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This place is a disaster! They have sleep number beds that don't work. Very little water pressure that it takes forever to wash my razor off. And they charge $10.00 a day for internet! Hell, a cheapo hotel has free internet in their rooms! No fridge, no continental breakfast, their pool is a joke! Very sub standard to any Hilton I've stayed at before. For the price, this place is far below my expectations. Sadly they'll never improve it because it's Lexington...

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I found this to be a great hotel. Rooms were well appointed but the sleep number beds have got to go. The one I had, I had to press the button very hard to get it to work but during the night it leaked back down. On site breakfast is awesome. One of the best I've ever had. Though not a fault of the hotel, there are constant sirens passing the hotel...either ambulance or fire and it seems to go all night.

Room Tip: Stay awake from rooms that have a sleep number bed. My first encounter with one but I wasn't im...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
We appreciate your feedback and letting us know you loved our food in the Triangle Grille. I’m happy to let you know we are getting all new Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses for every guest room this month. So please let us know what you think of them on your next visit!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I spent a night at the Hilton last weekend (2/23) as a "romantic getaway", and our first overnight together without children in over 6 years. The décor was fine, and location was good - but our level of comfort was less than what we hoped for. The sleep number bed was very uncomfortable. We could hardly get it to adjust, and the settings seemed to range from "hard as a rock" to "hard as a rock with a sinkhole in the middle". We also couldn't get our room to cool very well. We went to bed with a/c set on 70... I woke up a couple of hours later feeling very uncomfortably warm and stuffy. Turned it down to 65, and it never really cooled down. I spent several sleepless hours in the middle of the night laying on top of the covers, trying to get comfortable.

We were also a bit disappointed that the hotel would not offer a military rate. Originally, we booked online about a week ahead of time. After booking, we thought, "Oh man, we should have checked to see if they offer military rates!" I double checked, and they did - it was about $10 cheaper, and offered free breakfast. We decided that we'd just ask at check in if we could receive that rate, not thinking it would be a big issue. We were told no, they could not honor it. I suppose it's our fault for not immediately cancelling our original reservation and re-booking, but we just didn't think it would be an issue. Not a huge loss though. Just a reminder to other military families to ask and make sure you secure this rate when you first book your reservation, do not wait until check-in.

Parking in the adjacent parking garage is $8. I saw a reviewer who previously said parking is free... not so. An $8 parking charge is added onto your room bill.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LexKyMom
Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to your sleep number bed not working properly. I’m happy to let you know that we are getting all new Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses installed in every guest room this month! Please come back and let us know what you think.