“Excellent experience”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great hotel, as you would expect from a Hilton. Very convenient location, modern, super-clean, comfortable rooms, very friendly staff, top-notch quality overall. I loved the internet service in the room and the choices of coffee (caf and decaf), tea, and herbal tea (chamomile). One of the very best, if not the very best place to stay in Lexington.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Excellent Review! Thanks for the great feedback on our property, location, and staff. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our employees. It’s always nice to hear guests say we are the Best Place to stay while visiting Lexington!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have held meetings and attended function at the Hilton Lexington Downtown for many years. Their meeting and banquet staff is professional and friendly. The rooms are very well appointed and clean. Its location in downtown Lexington across from Rupp Arena affords many opportunities for entertainment from great restaurants to nightlife. I would recommend this hotel for any purpose.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for letting us know you would recommend us to other business travelers. We really appreciate your feedback regarding your meeting and that our staff was professional and friendly. We hope business brings you back our way again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stood at the downtown Hilton in March and was severely disappointed. The location is phenomenal, within walking distance of the sites. The rest leaves a lot to be desired.

First off, parking was almost impossible. I don't know whether this is a hotel thing or a Lexington thing but I found it harder to park in downtown Lexington than in NYC or Philly or a city of a size much larger. The deck was full that the hotel uses so I parked in another deck a few blocks away. I was given instructions that that deck only allowed parking until 2 am. I did manage to move my car that night and squeeze into a spot in the hotel's deck.

The walls in the hotel must be made of cardboard. The entire night there was screaming in the hallways, people running up and down the halls and the slamming of doors. Needless to say I got maybe 10 minutes of sleep my entire time there. When I left my room in the morning I was greeted by pizza boxes and beer cans in the halls. Evidently there was a party in the halls that I wasn't invited to.

The breakfast was adequate. Just a minor thing, but they had an assortment of juices in the buffet but not orange juice. This is the first buffet breakfast I have ever had without orange juice.

Overall, I would not stay here again and could not recommend this hotel to anyone. The riffraff factor associated with the hotel is just too great to ignore.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Meowy
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I spent one night at the Hilton Downtown Lexington for a nearby conference. Everyone from the front desk team to the bartender was very kind and efficient. The rooms were clean and up-to-date. Location was perfect -- there are many nearby restaurants and it was right across the street from the Lexington Convention Center, where our conference was held. It is also near Rupp Arena, which would be perfect during UK's basketball season. The only "glitch" that our traveling party encountered was that one of my colleagues was charged for parking on his personal credit card, despite the fact we all traveled together on a bus. I would definitely stay at the Hilton again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Great Review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you had a productive stay while in town on business. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. Please come back and visit with us during basketball season and help cheer on the UK Wildcats!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very nice room, well appointed room. Great location in downtown Lexington. Walking distance to everything. My husband and I stayed here on a fun weekend getaway drive through horse country. Beds were very comfortable and a nice quiet room on a relatively low floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I’m so happy to hear you had a nice relaxing stay while visiting the horse capital of the world! It’s always nice to hear our guests say their stay was the perfect getaway weekend. I hope you get to visit with us again real soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The banquet rooms were very noisy due to the kitchen being directly behind the conference rooms. We could hear everything through the walls. No refrigerator in the room, so if you're a diabetic or need a fridge to store meds or foods there isn't one. Housekeeping was very good. None spoke English though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We appreciate you taking the time to send in your feedback regarding your stay. We do have refrigerators you can request at check in or when you make your reservation. I will pass along your compliments to our Housekeepers. I hope you will stay with us next time you’re in town on business.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed in late March 2014. Check-in was simple and parking ($8/night per vehicle) was plentiful in the attached garage. The location is superb, a block away from a dozen or more restaurants, the Lexington Center, and Rupp Arena.

The only issue at check-in was that the clerk seemed to know little about the package we'd purchased. I had to clarify the complimentary breakfast with him, a phone call later that evening, and again in the morning--and it was still billed in appropriately. One call to the controller resolved it. He was very efficient and friendly.

Nearly all staff were very friendly, especially those who delivered snacks and breakfast to the room. The man in the executive lounge--which had nice snacks and a decent, though not gratis, bar--was phenomenal.

The room was large and very clean with a comfortable bed, chair and ottoman, and clean bathroom; however, there were only one towel/washcloth/hand towel per person, which seems odd for a higher end room. First world pain.

We paid $295 for the executive (16th floor) room with included champagne/strawberries on arrival and breakfast the next morning. I can't say it was a value, and if I'd know the occupancy was only 24%, I may have asked for a better deal.

Room Tip: The executive level was nice; however, cocktails and drink weren't included (only at a reduced p...