“Business travel”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here recently for business travel, I figured since I prefer hilton honors, I should utilize this location. This hotel has a wonderful location and the rooms are clean, but it ends there. Upon arriving I was needing a cart to unload my baggage from my car to take to my room, unfortunately I had to wait 30 minutes for a valet cart to have my vehicle unloaded. My stay was on the executive floor, I chose to purchase my drinks with cash, however the attendant was unable to make change, he was polite however. Breakfast on the executive level floor is average at best. Basically it's a cold breakfast. I had taken a run earlier in the morning and requested a chocolate milk from the breakfast attendant for a quick dose of carbs & protein, I was told by the breakfast attendant that they only carry chocolate milk during the fall when football players come to town for recruiting visits. I questioned the attendant if they ever had families that stayed at the property who had young children or business travelers who work out & how do the accommodate those audiences. The breakfast attendant looked like a deer stuck in the head lights. Parking is a challenge as the garage utilized by hilton is also shared with a condo that has residents. You will find yourself searching for minutes to find a spot and have a long journey to the hotel. I would advise anyone looking to utilize their hilton honors when traveling to Lexington to stay at the Embassy. This particular Hilton isn't corporate owned, it's private owned and operates tightly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to send in your review of your most recent stay with us while traveling on business. I’m sorry to hear you had issues with our parking garage and Bellstaff. Also, sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to us not having a better selection of food and drinks in the Executive Lounge. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to help us better serve our guests.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for two nights on a business trip - bang in the centre of Lexington. Used the valet parking, which was easy and prompt.

Breakfast was great, and the staff were really helpful. The bed was absolutely fantastic as you can vary the firmness with the supplied remote control - probably the best bed I've ever slept in.

The hotel is set in the centre of Lexington, with plenty of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance.

Great hotel, great location, and a great city.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Fantastic Feedback! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on your most recent stay. We love our location too, right in the heart of everything going on in downtown Lexington. We hope business brings you back our way real soon. Thanks again for the great review.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great hotel, as you would expect from a Hilton. Very convenient location, modern, super-clean, comfortable rooms, very friendly staff, top-notch quality overall. I loved the internet service in the room and the choices of coffee (caf and decaf), tea, and herbal tea (chamomile). One of the very best, if not the very best place to stay in Lexington.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Excellent Review! Thanks for the great feedback on our property, location, and staff. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our employees. It’s always nice to hear guests say we are the Best Place to stay while visiting Lexington!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have held meetings and attended function at the Hilton Lexington Downtown for many years. Their meeting and banquet staff is professional and friendly. The rooms are very well appointed and clean. Its location in downtown Lexington across from Rupp Arena affords many opportunities for entertainment from great restaurants to nightlife. I would recommend this hotel for any purpose.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for letting us know you would recommend us to other business travelers. We really appreciate your feedback regarding your meeting and that our staff was professional and friendly. We hope business brings you back our way again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stood at the downtown Hilton in March and was severely disappointed. The location is phenomenal, within walking distance of the sites. The rest leaves a lot to be desired.

First off, parking was almost impossible. I don't know whether this is a hotel thing or a Lexington thing but I found it harder to park in downtown Lexington than in NYC or Philly or a city of a size much larger. The deck was full that the hotel uses so I parked in another deck a few blocks away. I was given instructions that that deck only allowed parking until 2 am. I did manage to move my car that night and squeeze into a spot in the hotel's deck.

The walls in the hotel must be made of cardboard. The entire night there was screaming in the hallways, people running up and down the halls and the slamming of doors. Needless to say I got maybe 10 minutes of sleep my entire time there. When I left my room in the morning I was greeted by pizza boxes and beer cans in the halls. Evidently there was a party in the halls that I wasn't invited to.

The breakfast was adequate. Just a minor thing, but they had an assortment of juices in the buffet but not orange juice. This is the first buffet breakfast I have ever had without orange juice.

Overall, I would not stay here again and could not recommend this hotel to anyone. The riffraff factor associated with the hotel is just too great to ignore.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Meowy
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I spent one night at the Hilton Downtown Lexington for a nearby conference. Everyone from the front desk team to the bartender was very kind and efficient. The rooms were clean and up-to-date. Location was perfect -- there are many nearby restaurants and it was right across the street from the Lexington Convention Center, where our conference was held. It is also near Rupp Arena, which would be perfect during UK's basketball season. The only "glitch" that our traveling party encountered was that one of my colleagues was charged for parking on his personal credit card, despite the fact we all traveled together on a bus. I would definitely stay at the Hilton again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Great Review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you had a productive stay while in town on business. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. Please come back and visit with us during basketball season and help cheer on the UK Wildcats!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very nice room, well appointed room. Great location in downtown Lexington. Walking distance to everything. My husband and I stayed here on a fun weekend getaway drive through horse country. Beds were very comfortable and a nice quiet room on a relatively low floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I’m so happy to hear you had a nice relaxing stay while visiting the horse capital of the world! It’s always nice to hear our guests say their stay was the perfect getaway weekend. I hope you get to visit with us again real soon!