I stay at hotels all over the world for business and pleasure. It is not often that have complaints or complements – I stay at good hotels and expect and receive good service. However, I wanted to pass on my complements to the staff at the Lexington Hilton (Downtown). Here are some examples why:
• I was waiting for the driver of the airport shuttle – the shuttle was there but not the driver. This lasted longer than I expected, but when he did appear he apologized. Turns out the driver was trying to track down a customer who had forgotten his shoes in his room. It had taken longer than he expected because he was not able to find the customer.
• We had only travelled for a few minutes when he received a phone call. I could tell that it was about the lost shoes. The driver said he would come back to the airport as soon as he dropped me off. I signalled to him that he should turn around now. He asked if I was sure and then headed back to the airport to meet the happy guest and give him the shoes. Again he thanked me and apologized for the delay.
• When I was checking –in, I asked about Internet. The person at the desk said that I was so nice about the shoes – Internet was free during my stay. I had not expected this.
• As I was walking to the elevators, the shuttle driver came running up and handed me a breakfast buffet coupon. He had taken the initiative to obtain this for me – again because of the shoes.
• Next day at breakfast there were about 10 people waiting for the buffet to open at 6:30AM. They were part of a larger group that was attending a conference. The conference started early (7:00AM) so they were in a rush. That night I received a note in my room (as did all guests) that the breakfast buffet would be opening an hour early (5:30AM) so the conference attendees could eat before heading off to the conference.
• A different shuttle driver took me to the airport. As he was getting back into the shuttle after getting my bags for me, he notice an elder lady slowing crossing the road in front of the shuttle and hurried to assist her – making sure she got across the road safely.
These are just a few examples of the professionalism and dedication to customer service that I witnessed during my stay. Yes, the hotel was clean, comfortable, reasonably price, etc. But the staff also went the extra mile to make sure the guests were treated properly. Fantastic customer service that deserves mentioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lexington Kentucky’s finest hotel, Hilton Lexington/Downtown, is the hotel destination of choice for meetings and weddings, alike. Centrally located in downtown Lexington and adjacent to Rupp Arena, Hilton Lexington/Downtown is just minutes away from Blue Grass Airport, Keeneland Race Track, University of Kentucky, the Kentucky Horse Park and the corporate offices of Lexmark and Ashland Oil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Lexington Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Lexington Downtown Hotel Lexington
- Hilton Hotels Lexington