“Fantastic Location, Check-in staff Could use an Upgrade”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“Fantastic Location, Check-in staff Could use an Upgrade”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this downtown Hilton during the week for almost 7 months. Hotel is incredibly centrally located next to all of the great downtown restaurants and the convention center. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. The bar is happening and they have some pretty good staff in there. If you are lucky enough to be a Hilton Honors member and get access to the 17th floor they do an excellent job as well. Great gym and pool.
Areas of opportunity, front desk staff seemed to have a lot of churn and there were only a handful of times that I was ever welcomed back, which hasn't been my experience at other Hilton's. Week after week I was checked in again like I had never been there before. A small tweak to their systems to highlight that a customer is a return guest would go a long way. Also the garage parking spaces are super tight, but even if you have to go to the roof you should find a spot.
Obviously I chose to stay at this hotel for weeks at a time so overall it's a winner and you will have a great stay

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing triangle park
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kristinmic
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you so much for the constructive and positive feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you also for being a Hilton Honors member. We will look forward to your return to Lexington, KY.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stay at hotels all over the world for business and pleasure. It is not often that have complaints or complements – I stay at good hotels and expect and receive good service. However, I wanted to pass on my complements to the staff at the Lexington Hilton (Downtown). Here are some examples why:
• I was waiting for the driver of the airport shuttle – the shuttle was there but not the driver. This lasted longer than I expected, but when he did appear he apologized. Turns out the driver was trying to track down a customer who had forgotten his shoes in his room. It had taken longer than he expected because he was not able to find the customer.
• We had only travelled for a few minutes when he received a phone call. I could tell that it was about the lost shoes. The driver said he would come back to the airport as soon as he dropped me off. I signalled to him that he should turn around now. He asked if I was sure and then headed back to the airport to meet the happy guest and give him the shoes. Again he thanked me and apologized for the delay.
• When I was checking –in, I asked about Internet. The person at the desk said that I was so nice about the shoes – Internet was free during my stay. I had not expected this.
• As I was walking to the elevators, the shuttle driver came running up and handed me a breakfast buffet coupon. He had taken the initiative to obtain this for me – again because of the shoes.
• Next day at breakfast there were about 10 people waiting for the buffet to open at 6:30AM. They were part of a larger group that was attending a conference. The conference started early (7:00AM) so they were in a rush. That night I received a note in my room (as did all guests) that the breakfast buffet would be opening an hour early (5:30AM) so the conference attendees could eat before heading off to the conference.
• A different shuttle driver took me to the airport. As he was getting back into the shuttle after getting my bags for me, he notice an elder lady slowing crossing the road in front of the shuttle and hurried to assist her – making sure she got across the road safely.

These are just a few examples of the professionalism and dedication to customer service that I witnessed during my stay. Yes, the hotel was clean, comfortable, reasonably price, etc. But the staff also went the extra mile to make sure the guests were treated properly. Fantastic customer service that deserves mentioning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dave C
Fantastic Review! Thank you so much for taking the time to send in a review of your most recent stay. I’ve shared your compliments with my staff and have rewarded them for their outstanding service. We will look forward to business bringing you back to Lexington, KY and back our way.
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff very courteous and helpful. The Big Blue Martini bar downstairs was a great late night spot and the on-site restaurant was good for breakfast. The best quality of this hotel is the location. All of Lexington's downtown attractions were within easy walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in the heart of downtown Lexington. We love being centrally located and within walking distance to everything Lexington has to offer. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. Thank you for the great feedback.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Average. They have on their website an amenity that is billed as a "welcome amenity" I sat in to lobby and observed them checking in guest after guest and hand them, what appeared to me, a gift bag of some sort? When the line died down, I went to check in that went smoothly, until I asked about the "Welcome Amenity." No one seemed to have a clue as to what I was referring to, even after showed it to them on my phone (their website). Maybe I am crazy, but do not offer something (amenity), if your properties do not know that it is a thing!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Troy D
Thank you for taking the time to send in a review. We use all feedback to help us better serve our guests. The gift bags you saw guests receiving at check in was for a wedding party. We will definitely review our website to make sure there is no misleading verbiage. Again, thank you for the positive feedback.
Detroit, MI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff was very helpful and efficient. They knew the city and were very good about making recommendations and giving directions. They were also very accomodating. I will definitely stay in this hotel when I return to the Lexington area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and I will share your praise with our staff. So nice to hear you will stay with us again next time you are in Lexington, KY. Thanks again for taking the time to send in your experience.
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Came to town for a wedding & booked a room through the hotel block (so can't comment on price, since we had the discounted wedding rate- but would have happily paid a lot more to stay here). I was happily surprised to find out the cost of valet parking ($14 a night, I believe it is $8 to self park). We got to town early in the morning, before check-in, so we checked our bags with the bellmen- they were courteous, personable, and very helpful. Once we were able to check in, the front desk staff was polite and very accommodating. Our room was huge, clean, well decorated, and we had an amazing view of Triangle park! After the rehearsal dinner, there was an "open reception" at the Bigg Blue Martini (Lobby level) for all wedding guests- appetizers were delicious, drinks were great (loved the Keenland Breeze), the staff was friendly & attentive, and they had live music. The bar was hopping- with wedding guests & other hotel guests. It was equally as crowded the following night- staff was just as friendly and attentive the second night. On our way out of town, we had brunch at the Triangle Grille- the buffet was amazing (the lady flipping omelets was so sweet). I will definitely stay here the next time I find myself in Lexington!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay while in town for a wedding. I will pass along your compliments to our staff and Miss Avis for her tasty omelets. We love hearing our guests say they will definitely stay with us next time they visit Lexington, KY! Thank you so much for the excellent review.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms were spacious. Parking is definitely a nightmare. Amenities were few. Debbie in in house reservations, and Art on the shuttle crew, were bright lights in a staff that could use a lesson in dealing with people.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send in a review of your most recent stay. I’m sorry to hear you had issues with parking. Our goal is for each guest to have a relaxing and hassle-free stay. I will pass along your compliments to Debbie & Art for providing you with great service.