“Nice classy downtown hotel”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My fiance and I stayed in this hotel for a honeymoon suite. I love that the Hilton Hotel is connected to Big Blue Martini and is set up very classy. Our room very nice and clean, we didn't get a view of the city but I'm sure if you did that it would be beautiful. Nice service and in the heart of downtown. If you stay on the weekends, I would opt to park somewhere downtown as parking is not complimentary. Other than that, I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for letting us know you were pleased with your stay. Sounds like you really enjoyed Lexington and our honeymoon suite. It’s always great to hear guest say we are a classy hotel. Thank you again for the great feedback.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Lexington Downtown

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Great rooms, walking distance to fabulous restaurants. Parking is good and staff are friendly. Staying downtown in the holiday season is beautiful and romantic. Great time and will definitely visit again. Perfect holiday get away close to home.

Stayed: December 2013

We love hearing back from couples who enjoy a romantic getaway while close to home. Great feedback! Again, thank you for sending in a review. We hope you join us every year for a relaxing getaway.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The best Hilton!! Beautiful downtown Lexington and the best staff. The breakfast buffet is like going home to a southern kitchen. Excellent work out facilities. Excellent rooms & meeting facilities. Park in the garage and walk to any number of restaurants, bars and evening activities.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Susan M

Excellent Review! Best compliment ever to hear our guests say our restaurant is like going home for good southern food. I will pass along your praise to our Chefs. We hope business brings you back our way again real soon! Thanks again for the outstanding feedback.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

While the location was great when compared to access to convention center, the hotel experience left a little to be desired. For $ 200+ a night, you would expect a least a mini fridge in the room which there wasn't. Also, while the coffee maker was easily acceptable, the selection was minimal at best. The front desk staff appeared aloof and not easily talked to, with regards to what was available in the hotel, or to pick up trade show equipment. The hotel bar was woefully understaffed considering the amount of people staying there at this particular time. When arriving at the bar at 4:00, there would be only one server along with the grumpy bartender. Not the most conducive atmosphere for people who spent $ 800.00 on a bar tab one afternoon.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main drag as the police/fire station are very nearby and use the roa...
2  Thank Stephen J

We always look forward to and enjoy playing host to the Mine Rescue group. It’s a great group for us and we really appreciate your feedback. So sorry to hear our service from our Staff was lacking. We use all feedback to help us better serve our guests. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Lexington, KY.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this downtown Hilton during the week for almost 7 months. Hotel is incredibly centrally located next to all of the great downtown restaurants and the convention center. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. The bar is happening and they have some pretty good staff in there. If you are lucky enough to be a Hilton Honors member and get access to the 17th floor they do an excellent job as well. Great gym and pool.
Areas of opportunity, front desk staff seemed to have a lot of churn and there were only a handful of times that I was ever welcomed back, which hasn't been my experience at other Hilton's. Week after week I was checked in again like I had never been there before. A small tweak to their systems to highlight that a customer is a return guest would go a long way. Also the garage parking spaces are super tight, but even if you have to go to the roof you should find a spot.
Obviously I chose to stay at this hotel for weeks at a time so overall it's a winner and you will have a great stay

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing triangle park
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristinmic

Thank you so much for the constructive and positive feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you also for being a Hilton Honors member. We will look forward to your return to Lexington, KY.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stay at hotels all over the world for business and pleasure. It is not often that have complaints or complements – I stay at good hotels and expect and receive good service. However, I wanted to pass on my complements to the staff at the Lexington Hilton (Downtown). Here are some examples why:
• I was waiting for the driver of the airport shuttle – the shuttle was there but not the driver. This lasted longer than I expected, but when he did appear he apologized. Turns out the driver was trying to track down a customer who had forgotten his shoes in his room. It had taken longer than he expected because he was not able to find the customer.
• We had only travelled for a few minutes when he received a phone call. I could tell that it was about the lost shoes. The driver said he would come back to the airport as soon as he dropped me off. I signalled to him that he should turn around now. He asked if I was sure and then headed back to the airport to meet the happy guest and give him the shoes. Again he thanked me and apologized for the delay.
• When I was checking –in, I asked about Internet. The person at the desk said that I was so nice about the shoes – Internet was free during my stay. I had not expected this.
• As I was walking to the elevators, the shuttle driver came running up and handed me a breakfast buffet coupon. He had taken the initiative to obtain this for me – again because of the shoes.
• Next day at breakfast there were about 10 people waiting for the buffet to open at 6:30AM. They were part of a larger group that was attending a conference. The conference started early (7:00AM) so they were in a rush. That night I received a note in my room (as did all guests) that the breakfast buffet would be opening an hour early (5:30AM) so the conference attendees could eat before heading off to the conference.
• A different shuttle driver took me to the airport. As he was getting back into the shuttle after getting my bags for me, he notice an elder lady slowing crossing the road in front of the shuttle and hurried to assist her – making sure she got across the road safely.

These are just a few examples of the professionalism and dedication to customer service that I witnessed during my stay. Yes, the hotel was clean, comfortable, reasonably price, etc. But the staff also went the extra mile to make sure the guests were treated properly. Fantastic customer service that deserves mentioning.

2  Thank Dave C

Fantastic Review! Thank you so much for taking the time to send in a review of your most recent stay. I’ve shared your compliments with my staff and have rewarded them for their outstanding service. We will look forward to business bringing you back to Lexington, KY and back our way.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff very courteous and helpful. The Big Blue Martini bar downstairs was a great late night spot and the on-site restaurant was good for breakfast. The best quality of this hotel is the location. All of Lexington's downtown attractions were within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in the heart of downtown Lexington. We love being centrally located and within walking distance to everything Lexington has to offer. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. Thank you for the great feedback.