“Ok, but has a few small issues...sprained my ankle in the pot-hole filled parking garage...STEP CAREFULLLY”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
TN
Reviewed 1 December 2010

This hotel is average for a Hilton (pretty similar to other Hilton's I've stayed in but had a few issues...)

The room was noisy and I could hear everything happening in the bathroom above me. I could also hear someone coughing in another room. I feel like it is worse near the door and bathroom, but was ok in the bed area so this didn't bother my sleep.

The room has a sleep number bed, which I was really excited about. It's pretty cool, but I prefer the regular bedding in other Hiltons because the sleep number just doesn't feel like a bed (...on any sleep number setting because I tried them all :) )

The bathroom is pretty cramped because the toilet is too close to the tub and door (door practically touches the toilet when open). The vanity was a nice granite, but the tub was a little dated/stained. Nice Crabtree and Evelyn lotion, shampoo, and conditioner, though!

I really like the one-to-two mug coffee maker with Lavazza coffee, however I only had decaf coffee in my room.

NO FREE INTERNET! Costs 4.95 for 2 hrs, 9.95 for 24 hours. Everybody else has free internet, Hilton Lexington! Get on board!

There is valet parking and free parking in the attached parking garage. I should have valeted because I sprained my ankle when I stepped into one of the many potholes in the parking garage. Seriously, step carefully!

Bottom line: Average Hilton, could be better, could be worse (but should be better, right?!)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 November 2010

It's nice to see the hotel renovation complete. Some of the design elements were really quite nice. The phones have a constantly flashing light on them and the front desk couldn't tell me why. The sleep number beds are great, as are most of the views in the higher rooms.

Checkin time is always horrible. This week's trip makes maybe the 5th or 6th, just this year alone, and I have never had a good experience checking in. The staff is nice, but their process is slow. It's obscene how long it takes to get a room. Save yourself a little hassle and leave your bags in your car if you self-park in the garage. The lobby is on the first floor, the entrance for the garage is on the second. Just go register and get the room before you start carrying anything up and down.

I have never seen security at this place though, and with the amount of foot traffic through the building that surprises me.

Everything is within walking distance - entertainment, food, shopping, sports. Don't plan on a diet in this busy little town. There is great food, everywhere. It really is a fun place to visit. The place is super-clean, well-furnished, and updated. No free WiFi, but I can understand given the location.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Alberta
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The front desk staff was super helpful and friendly, the lounge staff were super busy with the WEG but still provided great service.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This is a pretty good Hilton. My stay was enjoyable. The hotel's location is absolutely ideal! In the heart of everything downtown Lexington offers. No problems with hotel staff although 1 or 2 were inattentive and forgetful. It happens..... Not a big deal. The only negatives with my stay were... At check-in, they had a line for Honor's Members check-in only, yet it wasn't being attended to by a staff member. Waited 25 minutes in line to check-in. Please don't put apart a separate line for Honor's Members if it's only a decoration! Took room service the 3 mornings of my stay. The scrambled eggs were of the powdered / artificial variety. I had to call down repeatedly to have the breakfast "door hangar" card replaced. Maintenance showed up at my door at 10:00pm on my second night and were banging furiously on my door, rousing me from a deep sleep. Never asked for any maintenance.... Not good!!! However, I can overlook these small things since all other aspects of the hotel were in check. Will return again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
HLexDowntown, Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
Thank you very much for your response and bringing these details to our attention. We strive to be the absolute best in service to give our guests a wonderful experience. We will address your concerns with our staff and make sure these details are not overlooked in the future. We value your opinion and thank you for your stay at the Hilton Lexington/Downtown.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed in a room that had not been renovated since the switch from Radisson in October last year and couldn't believe Hilton would put their name on the hotel with rooms still in that condition. We returned for a night last weekend and stayed on the Executive floor. I'm not sure if the rest of the floors have been renovated like the Executive floor, but it was on par with any other Hilton in that class range. The service at the front desk was infinitely better this time around (although we didn't have to ask them for anything during our stay). The executive lounge left a little to be desired. The breakfast spread at a typical Hampton Inn is bigger/better than what we were offered. The wine offered at happy hour wasn't worth $4 a glass.

We found parking/valet to be a little confusing. There is no obvious main entrance to the hotel, and we had to circle around a few times because of the one-way streets (and no-left/right turns) nearby. If you're driving, I'd recommend looking up the parking entrance (on the W Vine St side) before going.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TNLaddy
richmond,
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Our daughter and new son -in-law held their wedding reception at the downtown Hilton , Lexington ,KY. It was absolutley wonderful ! The wedding co-ordinator here is the best. I cannot say enough about how helpful she was. These folks pay attention to detail and it shows. I would highly recommend this venue to Brides who want a great reception site . The ballroom was stunning!!!

• Stayed August 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I stay here whenever I'm in Lexington on business, which is several times each year. The staff are incredibly friendly and always remember me, even when it's been several months between stays. I love the renovations, appreciate the shuttle pick up at the airport, and enjoy the restaurant, too!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business