“A staple in Lexington”

Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: In July 2004 Will Pieratt and Kevin Heathcoat took a the huge leap of faith and opened Bourbon n' Toulouse by maxing out seven credit cards and simply hoping things worked out for the best. The business plan was simple: cook some damn good food, give back to the community that help keep their lights on and have as much fun as the law allows! Ten years later these guys are still extremely passionate about what they do and they haven't grown up a bit, just ask their wives! Always cooking and laughing, these guys are serious about having fun. Stop in and sample the wide array of tasty Cajun and Creole dishes, grab a beer from the ever changing selection and drift away to their own little version of The French Quarter. Not bad for a washed up musician and a retired elementary teacher!
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This place is pretty much perfect. The menu isn't very large, but it's diverse and has several vegetarian options. One of the biggest perks is the option get a half-and-half plate if you can't make up your mind, which is pretty likely, especially on your first trip. The food comes out super fast, no matter how packed it is, but it's never tasted stale. Every dish (or maybe just most) comes with two slices of crusty bread with something amazing smeared on it.

And the price! A half order is just $4.50 and is plenty to fill you up.

2  Thank ToTNandBeyond

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love Cajun food, and they always live up to their reputation. Service is always fast and food is fantastic every time I go.

3  Thank Ecmackey
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I reviewed B&T a while ago, and I have to write again because they've expanded the menu since my previous visit. I had a combo of half red beans and sausage, and half a vegan offering, Caramelized corn and black beans. Both were so good, I had a hard time deciding which on I wanted to save for my last bite, because I always like to end with my favorite taste.
The food is outstanding, and I realize that the vibe is supposed to be a New Orleans street, but they could stand to invest in some cleaning products. The storage room door is In The dining area, and it is repulsive. The big cooler next to the kitchen could also use a scrub. So many little places that need attention.

3  Thank DeeBJones
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I am a regular at BnT & try to frequent there at a couple times a month. BnT is not a fancy place, but a fun, funky, eclectic small little restaurant with a cool vibe. There food is served on a paper plate with plastic silverware & all the food is served counter side with your name called out. The food is always quick & delicious. I love how they rotate the menu adding different dishes almost daily while still having their staples of Cajun food. Kevin & Will, the owners, are always on hand and great to talk to. I always love to take out of town guest or newbies to BnT and let them experience their grub. I can also highly recommend BnT for catering!! I have used them for a number of parties & tailgates and they always deliver. Love me some Bourbon & Toulouse!!

5  Thank Todd H
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The food was superb. And very plentiful. Very interesting and casual atmosphere. I look forward to returning on next trip to Lexington.

2  Thank SusanTN20