“Reema”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I can't say that I recommend this hotel. It's not that it's so bad...it's just older and no frills. (The breakfast was very basic. One of our beds had a duvet cover but no duvet--kinda chilly.) We arrived the day that there was some kind of problem with the water sprinklers--someone or something had set them off that morning, and the hallway carpets were soaked. The wallpaper on the lower half of the wall had been removed and they had fans running full blast up and down the hall to get things dry. It smelled pretty icky. We were given our room on the first floor, apparently the floor most affected by the flood. When we walked in, the beds weren't even made up. We turned around and walked back out to the front desk. I have to admit I was kind of cranky. I did not want to spend the night in the room we were given and was pretty plain about that when we went back to the front desk. (I think I was kind of afraid we'd be stuck, and I was pumped up for a fight.) Despite my irritation, the young woman behind the desk, who I believe was the manager, quickly apologized and got us a different room right away. (She had not realized that the room she had given us wasn't made up yet.) We headed up the steps and got settled. Later that evening my young son flushed the toilet and it flooded. He did not know what to do and was slow in telling us there was water flowing all over the bathroom floor. We turned it off and had to head downstairs to report the problem. I had to admit I felt bad for the young woman (I believe her name was Reema--long dark hair, perhaps her heritage was Indian?). After dealing with major damage from the sprinkler water, demanding customers, and now a flooding toilet, she remained gracious and professional. Not only that but she offered us another room, which we declined. She was the bright spot at this hotel. I'd have to rate the property at 2.5 or 3. This young woman gets a 5.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank medtary
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Medtary,

I would like to first thank you for your review. We take these reviews seriously, and we value our guest comments. I would also like to thank you for staying with us despite our maintenance renovation and restaffing. We are currently making changes to our property to better serve our guests. I want to apologize for the confusion and inconvenience concerning the first room you were sent to, and the overflowing toilet. These issues are not consistent with our standards, and I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and my staff. Part of our philosophy is legendary service, and I am happy to know my staff can deliver these standards. I would like to take this opportunity to personally invite you back to the Lexington GuestHouse Inn and Suites, to give us another chance to provide the best guest experience possible. We hope to see you soon, safe travels.

Nisha Patel

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had never stayed at a Boomerang hotel until last night and I must say I am very impressed by the value that this hotel offers!!! The staff were great, they were very friendly and knowledgable. They suggested a terrific restaurant in the downtown area of lexington called Dudley's which had a roof top patio!!! The rooms were very clean and spacious. I have stayed at other hotels and I can tell you the rooms at this Guest House were some of biggest I have ever stayed in. My sleep experience was very good and in the morning I enjoyed there Deluxe breakfast!!! I had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and yogurt. Everything tasted superb!!! Thank you again Guest House!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Montyman65
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Montyman65,
We, at GuestHouse Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your thoughts and comments regarding your stay. The GuestHouse philosophy includes a great breakfast experience and great service. We are so happy that you experienced that on your stay. We also wanted to let you know that we will be making a lot of new changes to our property shortly and can't wait to have you back as our guest in the near future.

Nisha Patel Prabhu

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

So we arrived Saturday afternoon. No wifi in room one, switched to another room with spotty wifi. Pool had to be accessed through a bathroom bc the other door didn't work. My shower didn't get hot water until half way through. The bed and pillows were pathetic. Half the outlets in the room didn't work. Come breakfast time we head downstairs, toaster doesn't work, out of coffee for twenty minutes, said they didn't know when they could get more milk or orange juice out, when asked for more biscuits they said they didn't have more, they only put those leftover biscuits and eggs out bc they didn't have the hashbrowns that were actually on the menu. And the shampoo had been used.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mkmcdaniel
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Mkmcdaniel,
Thank you for your review. We take these reviews very seriously and we have addressed the issues that you have notified us about. I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and my staff for your unpleasant experience.
I have personally reached out to the guest and have resolved the issues. These are not our standards and we would like for all future guests to know that we are currently under new management. Our team is dedicated to give the best guest experience possible.

Nisha Patel Prabhu

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This makes the 2nd time I've been to this hotel in the past month. Both times I was very pleased with my stay. The staff was very nice & helpful. And my room looked great. Very clean. Housekeepers were extremely friendly. Every time I come to Lexington this will be the place I will return to.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank RyleighAnn
GuestHouseLex, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with GuestHouse Inn & Suites. We also would like to thank you for your time typing a review about our hotel. Comments like yours, can help us to make the necessary changes to help bring back happy guests like you. We hope to see you in the near future. Safe travels and thank you again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I guess you get what you pay for and we went cheap on this trip and were unfortunately not disappointed. The lady at the front desk was helpful at check in, but every time we saw her as we passed through the lobby that evening she was talking on her cell phone and unapproachable. The lobby had some attractive decor and the pool looked good although we didn't use it. Our room on the other hand was disappointing. The carpet was worn and old and had several large tears in it. The 2 queen beds were obviously saggy and the comforters and pillow shams had large stains. The sheets looked clean so that was all I tried to touch. There was a lack of electrical outlets and I had to unplug a lamp to find one outlet to charge my computer. The walls were super thin and we could hear what the people were saying the room next to us. A few of the towels in the bathroom had stains as well. The water coming out of the faucet at the sink never got hot or even warm. The TV looked new but did not work. We were only able to get "snow" and no channels. The breakfast had stale bread and 2 cereal choices. The English muffin I had was not bad but there was no cream cheese. I would not recommend this hotel, even for a budget hotel. It is in desperate need of extensive renovations. Even though I thought the price was good at the time (we booked a good deal on priceline) looking back I think it was still high for what quality we were getting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alyssa H

I am sorry to hear that staying at our hotel was not a pleasant experience but wanted to take the time to thank you for typing this review. Comments like yours help us to improve our property. We will be using this review to make new changes. Thank you again for your time and safe travels.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel still shows as a Wyndam property with the sign outside the hotel also reflecting Ramada Limited. However the hotel is apparently in the process of becoming GuestHouse. If u book the hotel though Wyndam as the Ramada the hotel will refuse to honor the reservation. Upon a call to Wyndam they can see your reservation and can even send the info to the hotel. However the hotel removed the appropriate software from their computer to see it. Front desk staff indicated that they notified Wyndam two weeks prior of the change. I imagine it would take much longer than two weeks to make a franchise switch. Wyndam was nice enough to help locate me another hotel and cancel the reservation with no penalty since cancelation deadline had expired. The Guesthouse clerk was also eager to help with a room but priced me the room for the evening $30 more than I booked though Wyndam. I feel it is poor management of the property to not honor reservations during the conversion period.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Countrygirl1995

Thank you for your review. We did change franchise during your stay. With the change came a entire new software system which did not show up existing reservations with Wyndham. My staff is now trained to accept these prior reservations as long as rooms are available. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you and I hope that you might come back to GuestHouse Inn & Suites in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have to say I travel ab bunch and loved this hotel. Check in was a breeze and I used priceline to reserve. The rooms were very comfy. The staff was very helpful. We are a family of three women and one man so of course we needed extra shampoo and conditioner and towels. No problem they got them for me as soon as I called and asked for extras. The pool was heated. The only thing I can say is they didn't have my bagels, but after speaking with the hopefully the new GM they are coming. I would refer any of my family or friends to the Guesthouse Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with GuestHouse Inn & Suites. We are under new management and there are new changes already in place. With these new changes are an updated breakfast menu. On certain days we offer bagels, biscuits and gravy, waffles, sausage patties, scrambled eggs, and hash browns. Thank you for the time you took to review our hotel. It means so much to us and the guests we serve. Please come back and visit us soon. Safe travels.