“Anna and Eric Whiteboone”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at his GuestHouse Inn it was a wonderful stay the people who worked there were wonderful I thank them for treating me with the upmost respect we had breakfast every morning and someone who greeted us at night if we needed them the staff was there for our every need so I wanted to thank them for the wonderful time we had in Lexington Kentucky

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C6247OBannag
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear anna g,

I would like to first thank you for your review. I am very excited to learn my staff was as courteous and professional as I know they can be, and that they lived up to GuestHouse Inn and Suites standards of legendary service. I also hope you got to spend as much time in the pool as you wanted!! We really enjoyed having you as our valued guest, and we look forward to your return. Safe travels.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Best stay I've had in awhile. The beds were comfortable and it was nice and cool in the room. It seemed as if the air conditioner was new. The breakfast was great! They had different flavors of waffles and the eggs were good. The staff was very professional and friendly. The furniture was a little outdated but still very clean. The best value for my money in Lexington. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rachel R,

I would like to first thank you for your review, as we use guest comments to critique and improve our staff and property! I'm happy to know you noticed the new air conditioning unit in your room. We have replaced a few units in the process of our maintenance renovation. As always, we strive for unsurpassed cleanliness, and I am glad to hear we lived up to our standards! I also would like to personally invite you back for another wonderful stay, and hopefully next time, you will get to enjoy our new saltwater heated pool! We hope to see you soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Ive stayed in better if id had the money id went down the road not to mention they charge you 50$ for a deposit before u get to check in I paid in cash nd they charged my credit card as well the next morning the pool was ice cold and I was told that it was at the temp. It was suppose to be according to health dept guidelines and if the temp went up they would close it down the breakfast was ok no meats 1 waffle machine sunny D as oj you can here every foot step from above the staff was ok but kinda obnoxious I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Michelle T,

I would like to first thank you for staying at the Lexington GuestHouse Inn and Suites. I am sorry to hear your stay was unpleasant. As an industry standard we do authorize a valid credit card for incidentals before the room rental. Concerning the pool issue, we always abide by Health Department regulations, and I apologize for the pool temperature not being up to your standards. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast! I also would like to thank you for your review, as we take them very seriously. Safe travels.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was one of the better hotels I have ever stayed at. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept better than I had in a long time. The service was absolutely amazing. The assistant manger personally cleaned our room that he upgraded just because we wanted one bed and not two. We plan on staying there again in the future. The breakfast was good. Not many hotels have a waffle maker, and I was very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Sierra R,

I would like to first personally thank you for your review. I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We take pride in our guest philosophy which includes unsurpassed cleanliness and a great breakfast experience. Hopefully next time, you can stay with us during one of our specialty breakfast mornings and enjoy biscuits and gravy, and on some days we even have hash browns and sausage patties! I am confident your sleep experience will continue to remain superior, and we look forward to providing you with the same legendary service upon your next visit. Safe travels.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I can't say that I recommend this hotel. It's not that it's so bad...it's just older and no frills. (The breakfast was very basic. One of our beds had a duvet cover but no duvet--kinda chilly.) We arrived the day that there was some kind of problem with the water sprinklers--someone or something had set them off that morning, and the hallway carpets were soaked. The wallpaper on the lower half of the wall had been removed and they had fans running full blast up and down the hall to get things dry. It smelled pretty icky. We were given our room on the first floor, apparently the floor most affected by the flood. When we walked in, the beds weren't even made up. We turned around and walked back out to the front desk. I have to admit I was kind of cranky. I did not want to spend the night in the room we were given and was pretty plain about that when we went back to the front desk. (I think I was kind of afraid we'd be stuck, and I was pumped up for a fight.) Despite my irritation, the young woman behind the desk, who I believe was the manager, quickly apologized and got us a different room right away. (She had not realized that the room she had given us wasn't made up yet.) We headed up the steps and got settled. Later that evening my young son flushed the toilet and it flooded. He did not know what to do and was slow in telling us there was water flowing all over the bathroom floor. We turned it off and had to head downstairs to report the problem. I had to admit I felt bad for the young woman (I believe her name was Reema--long dark hair, perhaps her heritage was Indian?). After dealing with major damage from the sprinkler water, demanding customers, and now a flooding toilet, she remained gracious and professional. Not only that but she offered us another room, which we declined. She was the bright spot at this hotel. I'd have to rate the property at 2.5 or 3. This young woman gets a 5.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank medtary

Dear Medtary,

I would like to first thank you for your review. We take these reviews seriously, and we value our guest comments. I would also like to thank you for staying with us despite our maintenance renovation and restaffing. We are currently making changes to our property to better serve our guests. I want to apologize for the confusion and inconvenience concerning the first room you were sent to, and the overflowing toilet. These issues are not consistent with our standards, and I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and my staff. Part of our philosophy is legendary service, and I am happy to know my staff can deliver these standards. I would like to take this opportunity to personally invite you back to the Lexington GuestHouse Inn and Suites, to give us another chance to provide the best guest experience possible. We hope to see you soon, safe travels.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had never stayed at a Boomerang hotel until last night and I must say I am very impressed by the value that this hotel offers!!! The staff were great, they were very friendly and knowledgable. They suggested a terrific restaurant in the downtown area of lexington called Dudley's which had a roof top patio!!! The rooms were very clean and spacious. I have stayed at other hotels and I can tell you the rooms at this Guest House were some of biggest I have ever stayed in. My sleep experience was very good and in the morning I enjoyed there Deluxe breakfast!!! I had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and yogurt. Everything tasted superb!!! Thank you again Guest House!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Montyman65
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Montyman65,
We, at GuestHouse Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your thoughts and comments regarding your stay. The GuestHouse philosophy includes a great breakfast experience and great service. We are so happy that you experienced that on your stay. We also wanted to let you know that we will be making a lot of new changes to our property shortly and can't wait to have you back as our guest in the near future.

Nisha Patel Prabhu

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

So we arrived Saturday afternoon. No wifi in room one, switched to another room with spotty wifi. Pool had to be accessed through a bathroom bc the other door didn't work. My shower didn't get hot water until half way through. The bed and pillows were pathetic. Half the outlets in the room didn't work. Come breakfast time we head downstairs, toaster doesn't work, out of coffee for twenty minutes, said they didn't know when they could get more milk or orange juice out, when asked for more biscuits they said they didn't have more, they only put those leftover biscuits and eggs out bc they didn't have the hashbrowns that were actually on the menu. And the shampoo had been used.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mkmcdaniel
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Mkmcdaniel,
Thank you for your review. We take these reviews very seriously and we have addressed the issues that you have notified us about. I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and my staff for your unpleasant experience.
I have personally reached out to the guest and have resolved the issues. These are not our standards and we would like for all future guests to know that we are currently under new management. Our team is dedicated to give the best guest experience possible.

Nisha Patel Prabhu