“UK graduation trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, United States
“UK graduation trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Embassy Suites is an excellent value for the money. I have stayed here at least 15 times in the last 4 years. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is outstanding. They are welcoming and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is awesome. The woman who cooks the omelets is phenomenal, always a smile. The evening reception is also great for winding down from the day and taking the edge off before dinner. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. After the renovation is done I imagine it will be difficult to get a room!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave this fantastic review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourself during you last stay. We certainly appreciate your continued business and can't wait to show off our new guest room bathrooms when you are back in town. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I hope I can write this review with the same passion that the management at this hotel uses to please it's guests. What an exceptional job they did.

I'll start with my general views of the property. This our latest of many stays here, and the usual list of 'well done' item remains. We rented 2 adjoining rooms this time (520/521) and both were perfect in their preparation for us. I even noted that the windows were sparkling clean.

Our experience at breakfast was superb as usual, and Miss Ruby still runs the grille with grace and efficiency. Her custom made omelets and chocolate chip pancakes are 'don't miss' items. This ES location always seems to do very well with breakfast.

The managers receptions were typical, with a small selection of veggies and chips and dip. Art the bartender was terrific, as was a lady who's name I failed to note (Art's 'bourbon expert').

Let's get to the goods. We are in town for Christmas celebration with my extended family. The 'weather outside was frightful', and circumstances ended up that we had several elements of the family come join us for an evening by the pool. I was careful to not have them show up to take advantage of the managers reception, as I'm sure that this a problem in this world.

We ended up with about 7 kids, and 6 adults hanging around, and they had to be fed. Finances wouldn't allow us to feed everyone from the restaurant, so we ordered pizza. I've ordered pizza in hotels all across the country, and the rules vary with every property. I called the desk with some trepidation to ask how we could have the pizza brought to the pool without causing any strain on the staff. I was a little worried that by calling attention to my group that the hotel might decide we've taken to many liberties with the place and have to yank the kids out of the pool.

Kassie answered the phone and very efficiently told me we couldn't eat by the pool, but suggested the adjacent atrium area. I had thought of that, but I was concerned about wet butts on their nice furniture. She advised "I'll have the hotel manager bring the pizza delivery person to you, and he'll see that you are well situated". Being involved in the hospitality business, I could read between those lines very well. The manager would be taking advantage of the opportunity to check out if we were going to be a problem for the hotel. Since we might have had the makings for an 'adult beverage' close by, we were girding ourselves for having the party stop early. What happened couldn't have been more opposite of our fears.

Along came Martin, the hotel manager on duty. He immediately put me at ease, and we arrived at a plan in seconds, including using pool towels to protect the furniture (the kids ended up sitting on the floor at a coffee table anyway). Martin also noted that plates/napkins were needed, and showed up a few minutes later with those, and two pitchers of ice water and cups as well. In short, as a manager he conducted the situation perfectly (checking us out, a good thing) and then followed it up by making us feel more welcome in his hotel than ever. We've already agreed that the little 'pool party at Christmas' will be a new tradition for our family.

Martin's exceptional service is reflected in his team as well (Kassie knowing exactly what needed doing), and that is reflective of Martin's management team. The training and empowerment that makes Hilton properties exceptional is shining it's full glory at the Embassy Suites Lexington, and all should be congratulated.

Of course, there had to be one negative, right? The only complaint I can come up with was sticker shock at the bar. They have a delightful sampling program called a 'bourbon flight' where you can have a taste (1/2) of 3 top shelf bourbons for $12. Well worth the adventure. We went on to order another round of our favorites from the tasting (Weller Single Barrel I believe). Top shelf bourbon is a regular choice of mine, so I am quite familiar with 'usual and customary' prices. In my travels, I would typically see hotel prices of about $7 well, $8 call, and $9 top shelf. You might see higher in places like New York, but not in the Lexington area (the home of bourbon). When we saw we had been charges $14.50 for one drink, we made a conscious decision to have our cocktails in the room the rest of the trip. The price was so high it was headed toward offensive. On a 3 day stay like this one, (entertaining family members), we would have typically spent 3-400 in the bar. Since we saw that price on our first day, we took our party to a local hangout to watch the ballgame the next day. The point is that there is indeed a breaking point on liquor prices, and Hilton found ours.

That would be the ONLY time I frowned during a wonderful weekend, and we will continue to call the Embassy Suites Lexington our 'home' when we are on our frequent visits to the area. Thanks to all, and Merry Christmas.

Room Tip: We love rooms 220 and 221, but they were closed for renovation. They are adjacent to the double door...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the stellar review of your last stay. It is always great to receive this kind of feedback. We are in the business of making people happy and comfortable away from home so to hear we succeeded is great. We are also thrilled that we were able to be a part of your holiday festivities. It would be our pleasure to serve you and your family again sometime or next holiday season...but we’d rather not wait that long. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Happy New Year!

lexington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

awesome place to stay and would recommend everyone to stay there next time im in town. everyone there was super nice and when out of there way to help you. Embassy Suites is my choice of hotels now when im traveling.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the great feedback from your recent stay. We are so happy to know you were pleased with your entire stay. We certainly look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lexington.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

It was obvious that management has made customer service a priority. We saw it everywhere, from the front desk staff who changed us to a different room after an explosion of air freshener, to Athena, our waitress in the restaurant, to the staff at breakfast who kept the iced tea flowing. While the bathrooms are undergoing a needed renovation, the easy access off the interstate and overall comfort will keep this Embassy on our return list.

Room Tip: No problems with interstate noise, even though we were on the highway side of the building
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you for the great review of out hotel and our team. We certainly are dedicated to great guest service in every area. Our renovation will be over in the next couple of months and I hope that you will be back soon after to see the great new product. Happy New Year!

US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a great staff and a great breakfast, far exceeding the normal embassy suites. The hotel itself is past due for a full renovation. The rooms look to be original and are pretty worn out with old moldy grout in showers.

The exterior looks great and is a bit deceiving.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for the very kind words about our team here. I am very excited to tell you that our guest room bathrooms are all currently being renovated. This project will be complete with in the next couple of months and I would love for you to come back to experience the upgrades. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to meeting you on a future visit.

Russell, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This accommodation is perfectly located for ease of access to the Interstate and local events. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on business or leisure. Our eight year old grandson accompanied us and had a wonderful time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you had such a great time with us on your last visit and we hope you will visit again sometime soon. Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Milton, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I am a frequent traveler and stayed at this location 12/04/2013. The hotel is undergoing renovations. My room was directly below one of the rooms being renovated - constant scraping and hammering was taking place. I went to the front desk and asked to be moved or for them to have someone cease the hammering. The front desk was beyond rude - the two people waiting on me could not figure out how to change my rooms. They acted as if it was a huge inconvienence to move me away from the construction. They could not understand why I wouldn't just tolerate it rather than have them have to re-do my reservation. They were so rude that I checked out of the hotel immediately. I have stayed at hotels with renovations taking place and they normally do not rent rooms near the construction because of the noise. Clearly Embassy Suites does not have this policy. Will never book this hotel chain again. Moved to the Griffin Gate Hotel - which is excellent. SO much better - treated like royalty. Highly recommend you stay there instead of at this location.

Room Tip: Stay at the Griffin Gate located directly across the street - much better location. Cleaner, better...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Angela S
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you know, we are upgrading all of our guest room bathrooms in an effort to make our guests more comfortable. We always try to keep our guests out of the construction areas, however the smoking room you requested happened to be nearby. I hope that in the future you will give us the chance to make this right and stay with us again. We do certainly appreciate your business and your feedback.