“Awesome property”

Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Awesome property”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I wrote a review a while back about booking a room for my parents to stay here on their way to visit me. On my way back home from the holidays decided to stay here myself. I must say I am very impressed. David at the front desk is very warm and friendly. He goes the extra mile to do whatever it takes to make your stay the best. The property is immaculate! Right off the interstate with Cracker Barrel right outside the front door. There is a gas station as well as Mcds and a Waffle House. For what I paid thy Expedia the room was a steal. I can see this hotel becoming a regular stay for both myself and my parents on trips back and forth.

Stayed January 2014
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
David, thank you for posting another great review of the hotel. I am glad to hear how much you enjoy staying with us and that David was able to provide such great service. We are proud to be your preffered hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Our room was clean, the staff was friendly. I would most definitely stay here again. Normally I never have to set an alarm when I travel, but after over sleeping the first night, I did. The bed was extremely comfortable!

MD
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights. The first room we were in had a problem with the heat and we were given another - larger room. I believe it was the manager who gave us the 2nd room and did so very quickly without us asking. He tried to fix the issue but could not then switched our room. Everything was very clean. Breakfast was good. Hot items offered. Exercise room was very clean and nice machines.

Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 November 2013

As a Marriott Rewards member I try to stay at any number of their facilities....until now. I will NEVER stay at another Fairfield. I wouldnt have this time but every other hotel was booked for the National Horse Show.

To begin, I saw less flies in the Omen (Parts I, II & well, however many others they made). Staff claimed they come in through the air conditioner when its cold outside......Really? They know this and cant do something about it? Anyway, dead flies, live flies....flies in the toilet and flies on the ceiling. Told the staff and they let me know there were no other rooms available. To their credit they did send someone up to reclean the room and it looked better when we returned.....until the next morning when a new swarm retook the room.

We looked elsewhere for another hotel and none were available. To make matters worse a storm knocked all the power to the area out (Not the hotels fault) so that made finding another hotel that much more difficult. We were finally given another room....not the suite we paid for.....but another room.

Thankfully a wedding party stayed the night as well next door to our new room and ensured we got as little sleep as they did. Our 4 am wake up calls were so much after that.

Lastly, our bill reflected our wonderful stay. Taking nothing off for the difficulties with the bugs, transfer to a smaller room or a complete day with no power, this hotel ensured that I will look a little closer at my Westin (SPG) rewards program a bit harder next time.

All in all I could not, with a straight face, recommend this establishment to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room with an air conditioner....they seem to leak flies.
3 Thank WonderlustTraveler68
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear indyfaithful, I am sorry to hear about the issue with the flies during your recent stay with us in Lexington that resulted in having to change rooms. I have discussed your experience with the front desk team and reviewed how the situation should have been handled. Again, I am very sorry to hear that this was the experience you had with us. If there is anything that I can do for you please do not hesitate to call or email me.
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hospitality of the staff was excellent. The level of comfort in the room was really high (even though it was the cheapest room available). The price was fairly low compared to similar hotels nearby. And another good thing about the hotel was that wireless internet was available and free which is not the case for the hotels in the similar class.
However there were some issues about the breakfast. It wasn't good at all. It mostly consisted of sweet things and pastries. The selection of protein rich foods were not wide. Only milk, eggs and yogurt. Also the location of the hotel is not very good for people without cars. No cabs around, one bus which passes once every hour and in some busy periods, twice every hour.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Newark, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were traveling to pick up our new puppy in Kentucky and stayed at The Fairfield Inn, in Lexington. We arrived after 9pm. and the front desk was ready for us and totally accomo
dating. It was only a one night stay, due to our plans, but seemed to be a place I would definitely stay at again if in that area, Continental breakfast was excellent and they opened it 1/2 hour early for us.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Was traveling from Texas to Ohio. We ended up in Lexington. Had good luck on this trip at another Fairfield and thought we would try it again.

Typical chain. It was clean and well maintained. The beds were comfortable, but not the best I have ever slept on. The front staff was great and very friendly.

Had asked the front desk about the location of our room. On a previous night on this particular trip we had issues with an ice machine. Our room this time was on the second floor across from the ice machine. The front staff assured us the ice machine would not be a problem. Well they were right, but I think only because the elevator drowned out the noise of the ice machine. Every time the thing would go up or down, you could hear this loud whining sound. So if you happen to stay here, please ask for something away from the elevators.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near the elevators
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple