“I'd probably stay again”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend. The view from our room was beautiful since we faced the horse farms and not the parking lot, freeway and Cracker Barrel. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was just "eh". Nothing special and not sparkling clean. The hotel next door is a bit sketchy, but provided entertainment as we got to watch the Lexington PD hang out over there with 2 coroner's vans for a couple hours. Someone at the front desk said they have a big problem with drugs over there. The pool is small and the water was chilly. The breakfast area provided enough places for people to sit and eat. Other than running out of regular syrup one morning, the breakfast was decent. This hotel is located very near the Kentucky Horse Park which was convenient. Lots of beautiful horse farms right in the area which makes for a nice drive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the back of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your sharing your feedback. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Very nice hotel. Clean rooms, nice linens, and big TVs. Staff very courteous & professional. Received an upgrade to a junior suite. In a great location just north of Lexington. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to upgrade your room. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next trip Lexington.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Passing through on a LONG trip as a stopover. Liked this hotel due to the large room with a separate room with a pull out couch. We enjoyed the breakfast the following day although they had run out of some items due to the influx of holiday travelers. Rates were good - room clean - quiet - dark in the morning. Lots of outlets for charging multiple family member phones/iPAD.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for the great review of the hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast. I am sorry that we were out of somethings, but glad you were still able to enjoy it. Thanks again for the post. Hope to see you on your return trip.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I wrote a review a while back about booking a room for my parents to stay here on their way to visit me. On my way back home from the holidays decided to stay here myself. I must say I am very impressed. David at the front desk is very warm and friendly. He goes the extra mile to do whatever it takes to make your stay the best. The property is immaculate! Right off the interstate with Cracker Barrel right outside the front door. There is a gas station as well as Mcds and a Waffle House. For what I paid thy Expedia the room was a steal. I can see this hotel becoming a regular stay for both myself and my parents on trips back and forth.

Stayed: January 2014
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

David, thank you for posting another great review of the hotel. I am glad to hear how much you enjoy staying with us and that David was able to provide such great service. We are proud to be your preffered hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Very nice hotel. Our room was clean, the staff was friendly. I would most definitely stay here again. Normally I never have to set an alarm when I travel, but after over sleeping the first night, I did. The bed was extremely comfortable!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights. The first room we were in had a problem with the heat and we were given another - larger room. I believe it was the manager who gave us the 2nd room and did so very quickly without us asking. He tried to fix the issue but could not then switched our room. Everything was very clean. Breakfast was good. Hot items offered. Exercise room was very clean and nice machines.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

As a Marriott Rewards member I try to stay at any number of their facilities....until now. I will NEVER stay at another Fairfield. I wouldnt have this time but every other hotel was booked for the National Horse Show.

To begin, I saw less flies in the Omen (Parts I, II & well, however many others they made). Staff claimed they come in through the air conditioner when its cold outside......Really? They know this and cant do something about it? Anyway, dead flies, live flies....flies in the toilet and flies on the ceiling. Told the staff and they let me know there were no other rooms available. To their credit they did send someone up to reclean the room and it looked better when we returned.....until the next morning when a new swarm retook the room.

We looked elsewhere for another hotel and none were available. To make matters worse a storm knocked all the power to the area out (Not the hotels fault) so that made finding another hotel that much more difficult. We were finally given another room....not the suite we paid for.....but another room.

Thankfully a wedding party stayed the night as well next door to our new room and ensured we got as little sleep as they did. Our 4 am wake up calls were so much after that.

Lastly, our bill reflected our wonderful stay. Taking nothing off for the difficulties with the bugs, transfer to a smaller room or a complete day with no power, this hotel ensured that I will look a little closer at my Westin (SPG) rewards program a bit harder next time.

All in all I could not, with a straight face, recommend this establishment to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room with an air conditioner....they seem to leak flies.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank WonderlustTraveler68
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear indyfaithful, I am sorry to hear about the issue with the flies during your recent stay with us in Lexington that resulted in having to change rooms. I have discussed your experience with the front desk team and reviewed how the situation should have been handled. Again, I am very sorry to hear that this was the experience you had with us. If there is anything that I can do for you please do not hesitate to call or email me.