“Beautiful surprise in the middle of Lexington”
Review of McConnell Springs

McConnell Springs
Ranked #26 of 128 things to do in Lexington
Reviewed 15 April 2012

For being completely surrounded by an industrial park, McConnell Springs is remarkable. A very peaceful walk past the springs and the remains of the dairy farm that was there a hundred years ago (blue hole is pretty cool--just a water-filled hole in a forest that sinks to seemingly unknown depths). A nice spot to visit for an hour or two.

2  Thank JackLandKY

Reviewed 1 February 2011

I have visited McConnell Springs several times over the years. It is a beautiful place and the springs are something to see! However, I never feel entirely safe due to the fact that the fence around the back of the park along the railroad tracks is down in places. There are signs of people living or doing who knows what by the tracks, and the fence has obviously been climbed over. I have mentioned this but nothing has been done about it yet. So, if you are a woman walking alone out there you might want to stay away from the back of the park at the top of the hill. Just be aware of your surroundings. I had someone sneak up behind me once but he ran away when I turned around.
I suggest going in a group or taking something with which to protect yourself!

12  Thank LRap_11
Reviewed 24 April 2010

The park is hidden a bit behind some industry in the central area of the city, but it's a really great place! I just went today with my fiancee and really enjoyed it. Got some good pictures and about an hour and a half of walking time in. :)

3  Thank Hyper_Anthony