“Beautiful Campus!”

University of Kentucky
Ranked #16 of 124 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1865, the University of Kentucky is the largest public university in the state, educating more than 24,000 students each semester. Home of the UK Wildcats. Walking tours are available.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We recently traveled to Lexington for a college visit for my son. We arrived later in the evening prior to our campus visit and after checking into our hotel, decided to take a drive over to the University for a 'drive by'. The campus appeared to be quite large and the streets were a bit tricky to navigate. (and coming from the Chicagoland area, that's saying something!) There a many one-ways and awkward corners but once you figure it out, it's manageable. I was pleased to note that the campus appeared to be well lit in the evening hours. We returned to campus the next morning for a 9am visit with the dept. chair and concluded at 1pm with a campus tour. It was a crisp, cool, autumn day and the campus was absolutely gorgeous! I would definitely recommend a walk around even if you're not visiting with a purpose in mind. They are currently constructing new dormitories on campus and it's quite a project! The staff warns you and actually apologizes for the noise you might encounter! (southern charm!) And speaking of charming...the staff that we met while on the UK campus were some of the friendliest we've seen. To a person there was a greeting and a smile which truly made for a wonderful visit day.

1  Thank JillL1963

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We toured the grounds and were very impressed. There is lots of activity going on at all times. The grounds are really clean and laid out well. The area itself is beautiful.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very nice stadium. The people very friendly. If you stay at the Campbell House it is within walking distance. Enjoyed the game very much!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

A visit with the mother and daughter to see her daughter attending UK. Very impressive and we can understand her selection of the Univ. of Kentucky. Next planned trip down will be in April..

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I attended this college for a CE course and was very pleased with this college and the hospitality that I received while I was there. This college is huge but they offer great directions to navigate you from one location to another.

There was also a game the weekend that I was there. It would have been nice if I did not have to drive back to Ohio I could have stayed and enjoyed the game.