“Exceptional, educational tour”

Thoroughbred Horse Farm Tour in Kentucky
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Lexington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience why Kentucky is world famous! Our fun and informative horse farm tours (approximately 3 hours in length) take you through the heart and soul of Kentucky's beautiful blue grass horse country. Drive by, see and hear the history of Calumet horse farm, home of a breeding and racing dynasty that dominated the sport of kings during the 1940s, 1950s and beyond. Step out and enjoy a walking tour of the ivy-covered grounds of historic Keeneland Race Course, home to the planet's most expensive horse auctions. Take a peek at the thoroughbred horse lifestyle as we take you behind the scenes to explore a premier thoroughbred horse farm and visit up close and personal with their famous horses. We'll even see where scenes from the major motion pictures Secretariat, Seabiscuit and Dreamer were filmed.
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Exceptional, educational tour”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This tour is the best. Our guide, Matt, was very informative and shared his knowledge of history with us. The van was comfortable and a good way to see the countryside. We saw so many things that we could never have seen just driving around. The farm tour added a personal touch as well. We highly recommend this for anyone, young and old, in the area.

2 Thank Saundra K

Dyer, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thoroughbred Heritage Tours Is A Must”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This past weekend my family was in Lexington for a wedding. On Friday afternoon my seven year old grandson and I went on the Thoroughbred tour. I have raised quartehorses for thirty years but learned so much from John. Those stalion barns put new meaning to the word barn!
During the trip the keys to our vehicle fell from my pocket. It was not until that evening going to a function that I realized what I had done. When we returned to our hotel there was a message from Linda Miano stating that they had found my keys and she would bring them to the hotel the next morning! Needless to say at that moment I stopped sweating bullets! It is so refreshing to run into strangers of such high caliber! The tour was outstanding and the personnel cannot be topped!

GEORGE ELLIS TENNESSEE

1 Thank CHANCELLOR979
Las Vegas, Nevada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great insight”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I are huge race horse fans and have been to many race tracks through the US.
Loved visiting Keeneland, great old race track, wish we could have visited during their limited
racing season, maybe next trip.

The visit to Magdelena Farms was awesome and it was so exciting to see how the breeding
process works, as well as the up close and personal visits to many horses we have seen
in races previously.

Our tour guide was John, who did a great job and gave us a lot of insight and information on Lexington history as well. The farm tour is a must who anyone visiting Lexington, race horse fan or not.

3 Thank Lifeisonetrip
Manchester, Iowa, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best horse farm tour ever !”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This tour is one you must go on ! Dan the tour guide is informed, intelligent, and passionate about the thoroughbred horse farms around Lexington. The 3 hours went by way too fast !

3 Thank Rog Ruth H
Placerville, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a day!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Completely enjoyed every minute of the tour. Dan, our guide, entertained us with his great sense of humor and vast knowledge of history and horses. It was fun to see the tracks and visit the beautiful horse farms. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.

Visited April 2014