“A taste of Kentucky!”

Bleu Plate Tours
Ranked #10 of 18 Food & Drink in Lexington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: No tours will be offered for the 2017 tour season. Please check back in late 2017 for information on 2018 season tours. A fun walking food tasting tour! This culinary adventure is a treat for all the senses. Along the way are stops at restaurants where you will taste the foods of the area's best and most popular restaurants. From the finest dining in town to the hidden gems, you will get a multi-sensory view of the culture and local flavor. It's a lovely stroll with a side dish of history, a dash of culture and a taste of the Bluegrass.
Kentucky
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A taste of Kentucky!”
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I spent last Saturday in the company of several of my friends doing one of our favorite things, eating! We participated in the downtown Lexington Bleu Plate Food Tour and really, really enjoyed it. We met in front of Alfalfa's and then spent the next 2.5 hours strolling the streets and learning about the history of our fair city. Even though we have lived here for at least 25 years, we each learned something we did not know thanks to the friendly and knowledgeable tour guide. There were seven places we stopped to sample food or drink and everything was worth the trip. It would be a great activity for those out of town guests.

2 Thank wetravelKY

Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed 16 July 2010

This is a really neat concept. I was invited to take the 'practice' tour last week - my friend who is good friends with the guide invited me to go. I'm so glad she did! It was SO MUCH FUN! We walked to various restaurants downtown and sampled something they serve on their menu. The food was delicious and a fantastic mix of places (I think it was representative of the overall food scene). I'm from Lexington and hadn't eaten at every restaurant we went to. And I was surprised to learn things about Lexington that I did not know from the guide's information. It was very entertaining. I highly recommend! We need something new like this in Lexington.

1 Thank oogb