“Excellent service with great variety.”

Cortland's Restaurant
Ranked #103 of 969 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Excellent service, Larry & Melissa were very attentive. Great variety of food, some unique variations of food & very reasonably priced. We will back.

Clarionlex, General Manager at Cortland's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am always receiving great comments on Larry and Melissa. I am excited to have them on our team.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We figured we'd eat here because our kids wanted to swim and it'd be a quick lil dinner. Wrong! As soon as we walked in, a waiter was approaching us but a waitress stopped him and asked if he'd get a tables drink order instead of seating us because they'd been there for a long time! Are you kidding me?! After being seated, we waited over an hr for food. I guess they could tell by my expression that I was agitated. The waitress walked by our table and said, "Your food will be out soon, y'all." No refill, apology, etc. This restaurant is CRAP! Next time, I'll drive somewhere.

1  Thank Ashee81398
Clarionlex, General Manager at Cortland's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in our restaurant. We normally receive good feedback in regards to the restaurant staff service and food. While I'm not sure what night you were in the restaurant I will be sure to work closely with the entire staff in regards to this issue. If you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wonderful service. Breakfast buffet includes scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, biscuits and gravy, waffles, juices. Great meal!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful breakfast buffet that we offer each and every morning. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Breakfast was quite good for a buffet. Dinners, however were average. Only offering that was very good was the fried chicken. Wish I had had that! I had a piece of sirloin steak that was very chewy. The next night, we both had the Thursday night special which was Roast Turkey and dressing. Dressing was quite good, but the turkey was actually thin sliced turkey lunch meat with gravy over it. It was OK.

Clarionlex, General Manager at Cortland's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for choosing Cortland's restaurant. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your dinner. I will pass your feedback onto the Food and Beverage manager to ensure we look into the issues that may have caused your experience to be less than satisfactory.
I hope that the next time you are in Lexington you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you the quality meal we strive to provide to all guests.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were concerned because this restaurant is attached to the Clarion that it might be a mediocre hotel restaurant, but it wasn't. The waitress was friendly and attentive and brought drinks and then our meals quickly. Hubby had the fried chicken and reported it was juicy. I saw the juice dribbling down his chin, so I know he was telling the truth. I ordered the pan-fried catfish, and it was excellent: juicy and flavorful. Our sides were the cheesy grits, which were more grits than cheesy, and kernel corn. We're used to cheese being mixed in with the grits, and this was just cheese shavings on top of the grits, but the grits were still good. My catfish portion was so large I couldn't finish it, but I really wanted to keep eating it because it was so good. No dessert. No room. We would eat here again if we're at the hotel.

Clarionlex, General Manager at Cortland's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you so much for Choosing Clarion Hotel and Cortland's Restaurant. We appreciate your business and your wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal and hope that you will come to see us again soon. Next time be sure to save room for our "made from scratch" bread pudding. You won't be disappointed.