“Kid Friendly”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Kid Friendly”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is great for kids to learn more about Aviation. I am a private pilot and have seen their eyes light up at being able to learn about aviation with the hands on approach that they are able to get there. The summer camp for kids is educational and highlighted by the discovery flight. What more could a kid as for? The excitement of a first flight in a small plane--nothing like it in the world. Small gift shop worth visiting.

Visited January 2014

washington dc
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Quaint but interesting”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Great little museum at Blue Grass Field.
It has a good selection of a little bit of everything. Guides are great and knowledgable. I have been several times. I have donated a picture of the space shuttle to this museum on its final flight to Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport in Dulles Virginia.

1 Thank weekendwonder1
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great stop for a couple hours”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Our family (with two boys, 12yr & 6yr) stopped here while on a trip to Florida. We found the museum via a search on Trip Advisor. The hours and cost fit our expectations of a place that could be visited In a couple hours and seemed (according to Trip Advisor reviews) to be a good place for younger kids and adults.

The museum is not fancy but has several exhibits that can be played with by kids. This includes a real helicopter and a small two seater airplane. Also on display were detailed historical displays of aviation, several military jets, experimental aircraft, and some older mechanical flight training simulators.

What really made the visit super was Steve C., one of the volunteers. He used to be in the Marines as a flight engineer on C-119s. He helped demonstrate some of the exhibits and was great at showing the kids what the engines and planes did. He also highlighted how people from Kentucky were involved in aviation throughout history. And Steve setup one of the mechanical simulators for the kids to try.

Definitely worth the stop:)

3 Thank John B
Corydon, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Air Musuem from a 9 year old”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

October 2013

Dear National Aviation Museum,

Our tour guide Mr.Steven taught my parents and I something very,very, very cool. He taught me about different kinds of airplanes and how they work. He taught me how to tell a regular plane from a super sonic plane. He let me fly a plane but, not in the sky I got to go up and down side by side. There were World War I planes and the first plane invented! I thought that Steven was an amazing tour guide. Thanks Steven for teaching me about airplanes.
I plan to do my project on the National Aviation Museum.

Best regards,

Aryan (age 9)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Katen P
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Very fun and interesting place. It's not very big but the planes and displays are very good and the staff is excellent. Go if your in Lexington

1 Thank Airwolflives