“Boarding, riding and peaceful environment!”

Sunburst Horsemanship School
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse riding experience designed for the Advanced* and the first time beginning rider. Learn about safety rules as well as hands on experience in brushing the horse, learn how to saddle and ride! Mount and ride the horse at a walk and trot and learn how to steer. For the brave at heart a canter or lope. Adults and children learn a bit about physiology and psychology of the horse. Did you know that the horse has two lobes in his brain; but unlike people they are not connected. This means the horse can see in front of him and behind him at the same time. Each eye is independent.
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We have been riding at Sunburst since my daughter expressed an interest in horses... she was 9 years old. She learned the basics, I watched her improve with every lesson....her balance, her posting, her cantering, her jumping.... The farm became her 2nd home and after 3 years of lessons...we took the plunge and bought a horse...Rosemary Taylor helped us find a horse that was safe and matched our needs. I started riding again...so now, my daughter and I have a common interest...she graduated from Morehead State University this year..a degree in animal science, has a lifelong love of horses. This love was born at Sunburst farm...she was taught to care for and be good to your horse, safety first for horse and rider and a lifelong set of skills that have given her confidence and pride in her ability as a horsewoman! I recommend this farm to any that wants to learn to ride in a safe environment, to anyone that needs a great place to board your horse. I rediscovered my love to ride too, and now my Sunday afternoons are usually spent with our horse Captain Jack Sparrow...it's my weekly getaway and place to relax and recharge!

6  Thank Maria G

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My family came to Kentucky and of course could not leave without a horse riding experience. My husband and my 7 year old are inexperienced riders and myself and my daughter are intermediate riders. Miss Rosemary and her staff took perfect care of all of us. She took extra time to ensure that everyone was riding at their level. Her expert knowledge was fabulous. It helped me to improve at my riding class back home! My son continues to talk about how much fun he had. When we are back in the area, be assure that Sunburst will be 1st on our list.

3  Thank MaryAnne W