“Excellent hotel at reasonable prices”

Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I always try to stop at this hotel for the night when traveling late from Georgia to Michigan. It is very clean, the staff is super friendly and helpful, the prices are very reasonable and the beds and pillows are super soft. The price also includes a very breakfast. The lobby is beautiful. All and all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel as your stopping point when traveling. We are so happy to have you and hope that you will continue this tradition for years to come.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel has a friendly staff and a nice pool/fitness area. Unfortunately, the complimentary breakfast was the same every day - biscuits and gravy, eggs, hash browns.......I was wishing they would offer some fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, and other healthy options, but it never happened. My friend and I opted to find other breakfast options in Lexington, and found a few with internet searches. Otherwise, the rooms were clean, it was fairly quiet, and very convenient to Kentucky Horse Park. Don't expect good coffee in Kentucky, though. They have no idea! Guess it is too hot there most of the year to warrant all the coffee demands we have here in colder climes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pegspony
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel we appreciate your business. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your suggestions for additional options we could offer on our free hot breakfast buffet. While we do offer a variety of items such as a waffle station, oatmeal, cold cereals, whole fruit, etc in addition to the hot items of eggs, biscuit and gravy, and hashbrowns you mentioned we are always looking for ways to improve so thank you for your comments. We also offer a full breakfast menu that guest can order from if they are looking for an alternative to the complimentary buffet. In regards to the coffee we will definitely look into it so we can get Kentucky on the right track.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

In the past, whenever my husband attended a week long conference at the Marriot Griffin Gate
Resort we took a room in their hotel. This time, to save money, we stayed at the Clarion, a very short walk from the resort. For a more acceptable price, we had a larger room with a microwave a small refrigerator and included free internet. Also included was a complimentary hot breakfast every morning. In addition, we had use of the indoor pool and enclosed activity center. On site there was a bar/lounge, which we did not visit, and a modestly priced restaurant where we enjoyed dinner with adult beverages three times. We were impressed with the friendliness and courtesy of the staff, especially Donnie, who demonstrated exceptional patience, courtesy, and helpfulness with some really rude and annoying guests who were checking in just ahead of us. I would not have been able to hold back the response that those people deserved. Other staff, including the maintenance man who took care of a couple of minor issues promptly and effectively, as well as dinner and breakfast servers were all efficient, friendly, and professional.
Next year, when he attends the Marriott conference again, we will stay at the Clarion Hotel.

Room Tip: I would avoid staying near the pool/ activity area, unless you have young children.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ABLePlymouth_MI

On behalf of the entire staff thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we will be seeing you again during your next trip to Lexington.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was visiting the Lexington area to consider venues to host our state organization's upcoming conferences in fall 2014 and spring 2015. Scott Hait, the Associate Director of Sales at the Clarion, went above and beyond to make my stay wonderful! Everyone, from the staff I met at check-in and those I passed in the hallway, to the waitress in the Sports Page Bar & Grill, was so friendly. Thanks for a great experience!

Room Tip: Some rooms have memory foam mattresses and others have pillow top. Request the one that you prefer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you so much for your great comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff provided you with such wonderful service. I hope that we proved to be the best location for your future event. We would love the opportunity to host your event and show all of your attendees how much we appreciate their business.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I got a room at the Clarion Hotel Lexington through Priceline express deals. I was in Lexington to attend Keeneland’s annual fall races. I believe the rates for the hotel were higher due to the races. The hotel was decent enough. Check in was nice and easy. Donnie, the front desk clerk, was accommodating, informative, and pleasant. There were 2 large groups staying at the hotel for the weekend and he put me on the opposite end of the hotel, which I was thankful. The hotel has several buildings that are connected so you don’t have to go outside to get from one building to the next, which was nice. There are 2 stories in each building. There’s a restaurant/bar within the hotel (which I did not visit) and you get a free coupon for the breakfast buffet. The pool was a nice size but it’s in the same space as the “fun-area” with games, snack shop, etc. I like that the hotel’s location is within 15-20 min from the horse parks and downtown.

There was a strong odor when I walked into the building where my room was. I saw “wet paint” signs on the walls in the hallways but the strong smell was also in my room, which made me a little nervous to be closed up in my room without being able to open the window. The room was just okay. As previous reviewers noted, the hotel definitely needs updating. The carpet seemed very old and had some stains. The bed seemed hard when you first sit on it. The room just didn’t give me that warm-fuzzy feeling I look forward to in a 3 star hotel.

I walked into the bathroom and the tile floor was ice cold. I turned on the water to take a shower and the water pressure was very disappointing.

I actually slept pretty well – the pillows were nice (I wish I would’ve checked to see what kind they were). My stay was nice and peaceful.

I don’t think I would choose to stay at this hotel again especially not for the price I paid. But I loved Keeneland and know I’ll be back to visit Lexington in the spring.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank danaleste

Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel, we appreciate your business. We are currently working hard to make improvements to the hotel. We are installing new carpet in the guest rooms along with adding features such as refrigerators and microwaves. I apologize if the smell from the painting was strong during your arrival. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we make improvements. In regards to the bedding we do offer two different types of mattresses for your convenience, we have the Tempurpedic mattress as well as a Serta option. As far as pillows every bed had two pillow types; feather and synthetic. I am so happy that you enjoyed them.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again soon. I would love the opportunity to show you the changes we are making. Our goal is to always provide a good clean room, with great service and amenities such as free hot breakfast buffet, at a good value.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stopped in for a night to visit with a friend from the area. The hotel is really large and spread out. Room was clean but dated. Different sort of mattress than I have ever slept on, but comfortable. We did really enjoy the bar and restaurant located on the property. Sat out on the deck in the sun for a while, then returned into the bar to eat and have cocktails. The staff was friendly and well-trained and the food was very good. Worst part of our stay was the hotel had paper-thin walls and was very noisy. I ended up going out of my room at 2 AM to yell at some very loud drunk people hanging out in the hall. I called the front desk to have security come through just to make sure those people stayed in their rooms and quieted down.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Clarion Hotel. I am happy to hear that the staff provided good service and that you enjoyed the restaurant and lounge that we have here on property. We do offer two types of mattress options for your comfort, we have the Tempurpedic as well a Serta mattress. We hope that by offering two options everyone is comfortable.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Clarion. We had booked a suite on line and were pleasantly surprised that the suite was actually a separate living room with a wet-bar and a separate bedroom. The space was great. We travel with our dogs and they felt at home with a living room to hang out in. The complimentary breakfast was really good. The staff kept the buffet trays full and while it was crowded with guests heading out to Keeneland, the staff opened up the bar for additional seating. Donnie at the front desk was friendly and welcoming and we appreciated his service. Tony from room service was equally as nice and friendly. The hotel is close to Keeneland and to the Kentucky Horse Park. We will definately stay there again on our next trip to Lexington.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and your wonderful review. It is so nice to hear that our staff provided great service. We pride ourselves on being friendly, courteous, and helpful. Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.