Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$114
Country Inn
US$151
US$133
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$104
US$184
US$162
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Lexington North(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$250
US$219
EmbassySuites.com
Candlewood Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$92
Travelocity
Comfort Inn & Suites(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$138
ComfortInn
US$161
US$145
Clarion Hotel Conference Center South(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotelpower.com
All reviewsfun domebasketball courtarcade areaping ponghot tubmemory foamroom was cleankentucky horse parkbreakfast buffetindoor poolwafflescoffee makerbiscuits and gravyexercise roomlarrysaunainterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice place. Read other reviews about how it was dirty, but fount nothin wrong! Pool and hot tub was both very big and would recommend this to others. Basketball court was very nice and had great workers that was there to help if needed! Looking forward to our next stay!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marshall1234
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is our number one goal to always provide a good clean room with great amenties at a great value. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

DO NOT stay at this hotel, it is absolutely disgusting. When I checked into my room, I went to the bathroom only to find FECES in the toilet. Yes, I arrived to my room with a huge fecal surprise waiting for me in the toilet. Huge. I tried to flush it, and the toilet overflowed. Water spilled out all over the bathroom floor. It was a mess. I immediately called the front desk, but no one answered. So I walked to the front desk and of course there were two clerks, sitting there, doing nothing. I asked to speak with the manager and requested a new room. She acted surprised that there was a problem, stating that my room wasn't on the list to be cleaned that day. So no telling how long the feces was sitting there in the toilet in that room. This only tells me that either the maids don't clean the toilets (absolutely nasty) or a maid actually made the mess. I'm inclined to believe the former, as that place is a dump. She offered to discount my room 50% and moved me to a different room. This new room wasn't much better. It was musty, the carpet, furniture, and bedding had stains, and the air conditioner made a loud knocking sound. Overall, it was a very unpleasant experience. If you're staying in this area, do yourself a favor and stay at one of the several hotels next door and across the street. You will thoroughly regret staying at this hotel.
I should have taken a photo of the nasty overflowing toilet in my room, as the manager is now trying to deny that the toilet was even overflowing.
Poor service. Poor quality. Extremely dirty. Poor managing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sjane2
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

On behalf of the entire staff I apologize that you were unhappy with your stay. We pride ourselves on offering a good clean room, with great amenities, at a good value so I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. We are currently upgrading our rooms with new carpet and wall design for our guest comfort and convenience with the majority of the rooms having been completed including the room from your recent stay. We always try to make things right and I apologize if you feel the discount and complimentary late checkout were not enough.
Once again I apologize for the issues you experienced.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The Clarion was terrible. Not only were the rooms disgusting, it took 6 calls to receive a single towel. They refused to let my group use one of the many open conference rooms. The beds were extremely tiny in the rooms and the bathrooms were not clean when we arrived. My friends and I asked first for extra pillow and did not receive, then we had to call 6 times to receive a dry towel. This Clarion is old and outdated and I would not recommend a stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. I would love to speak to you directly to discuss the issues you experienced during your stay. We welcome and encourage feedback from our guest so we can work to improve for the future.
Once again I apologize and I look forward to speaking to you soon to discuss your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at 859-825-5020 or by email mmcguire@clarionhotellex.com.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My company put me up here for a night and this place stunk. Dated hotel, less than average bathrooms and the HARDEST MATTRESS I have ever slept on. I was somewhat looking forward to the breakfast buffet, but it was almost as bad as the mattress. The only thing that was not awful was the utensils. The food and drinks were crap. I would not recommend staying here. The Fairfield up the street is a much better option all around.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

I apologize that you were unsatisfied with your stay. We pride ourselves on providing a good clean room with great amenties and services. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the Tempurpedic mattress. For your convenience we do offer two mattress options Serta and Tempurpedic, please request a Serta during your next visit. In regards to the complimentary hot breakfast buffet I would love to speak to you directly or get feedback about the food. We try to offer many options from eggs, hashbrowns, biscuit and gravy, to a waffle station, oatmeal, juice and coffee. I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy any of those options.
Once again I apologize and I hope to hear from you so we can discuss your stay in detail.
mmcguire@clarionhotellex.com

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last week and found that some of the rooms that numerous coworkers and I stayed in were infested with mold so badly that several of us became ill with sore throats, severe congestion, and coughing. As soon as we walked into our room near entrance J I could smell that musty stink of mold with an odd paint smell mixed in, which I can only assume was their attempt to use Killz paint to hide any visible signs of fungi. When we would leave the room I would be able to breath much better, even in some of the hallways and conference areas, and had no problems at all in a friend's room directly across the hall from mine. I am happy to say that at least the mold in my room was hidden unlike my boss' s where it was said to be very visible and she was extremely ill from it.

Other delightful aspects of the hotel included beds that were what I can only imagine sleeping on a broken down cardboard box would feel like and room heaters that would only blow extremely cold air unless it was turned off for a while then turned back on and down to 61 degrees and slowly adjusted up to 68 degrees. Interestingly enough, if set higher then it blew air so cold it felt just like the below zero wind chill outside then for random short periods hot air would blow for a few minutes and it felt swampy. The free breakfast "buffet" was minimal and included decent scrambled eggs, odd tasting shredded potatoes with a rubbery texture, sausage links that I think may have been made in a Chinese dog treat factory, mediocre instant sausage gravy, hard biscuits, stale pancakes, and waffle makers that didnt have much waffle batter so don't go hungry! Oh and the cutest little shot glasses to drink juice out of! Bins of oatmeal, cereal, and stale white bread were also available to complete your morning dining experience, yummy! The attendants that were cleaning up were mostly very pleasant and attentive and deserve to be tipped even if the food is free, as it should be.

When we checked in Tuesday evening the two females working didn't exactly provide the best customer service, but I'll let that slide since later in my stay one older and one young gentleman assisted me with kind and fast customer service on seperate occasions that made up for the attitudes of the others. I was disappointed that the coffee machine in the lobby had espresso as an option, which I severely needed after rolling around in my cardboard bed trying to breath for two nights, but it was sadly unavailable. As for the Tempurpedic beds advertised, I got to sit on one that my friend had requested and found that these factory rejects were far from what anyone would ever believe to be the real deal. We did have some excitement during our stay as the fire alarms went off several times one day. Not sure if the dozens of high school students staying there had something to do with that or if there was something triggering these lengthy periods of squealing sirens, but that was fun!

I only went to the The Sports Page bar for a few minutes for a work sponsored event and found that the wings and fruit that they had available for us were pretty darn good, but the meatballs and cheese sticks should have been avoided. The bartender was super nice and attentive but the drinks were expensive at nearly $6 for well drinks in glasses not much bigger than the juice shotglasses at breakfast. I decided not to eat lunch at Cortland's buffet as planned after hearing horror stories from other guests.

One major piece of advice to anyone staying there would be to wait to unload your bags until you find out if your room key will actually work because you don't want to have to drag your luggage around for what could be a very, very long walk to the front desk. Also, request a downstairs room because as far as I could tell there aren't any elevators. I liked that I had a refrigerator and microwave in the room, which not everyone did so request one of those rooms if you have to stay here. The location seemed to be pretty good since it was next to the freeway and only minutes from a lot of great shopping and eating.

All in all its a huge and attractive facility on the outside, but there are some serious renovations that need to be done and changes that need to be made. I would start with finding a way to actually remove the mold instead of just paint over it, get real Tempurpedic beds for everyone, and work on that sad food selection and this place could have more potential to be a delightful choice for a conference facility and hotel. I do appreciate that a majority of the staff I dealt with did exhibit good or great customer service.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kamacel
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

I am so sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your stay. I would love to speak to you directly to discuss these matters. We pride ourselves on providing a positive customer experience and would love to talk with you directly to ensure we are addressing these matters quickly.
While I can't be certain without talking with you I believe the room that you stayed in was a room with a Serta mattress. We do offer two mattress options since not everyone likes a Tempurpedic mattress. We offer a Serta and a Tempurpedic mattress "Classic" option. I apologize if you felt this was not a real Tempurpedic as it may be different than the Tempurpedic mattresses you have experienced.
In regards to the fire alarm, I apologize for the inconvenience however we always follow procedures to ensure the safety of our guest.

Once again i apologize and I hope to hear from you soon.

859-233-0512