“Perfect for one night stop”

Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Port huron
“Perfect for one night stop”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after driving 15 hours. The front desk was friendly and fast. The room was perfect for what we needed. Nothing fancy about it but all we wanted was to get out of the car and rest! Only downfall water pressure very slow if your in a hurry!!! Overall we would stop here again! Thank you

• Stayed March 2014
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope the next time you are traveling through Lexington you will stop in and see us.

Melissa McGuire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Thank you Clarion staff! The band PINK MARTINI and the von Trapps had a wonderful stay and you did a great job sorting out all 19 rooms that we needed. Smooth as silk and very pleasant! They loved amenities especially the indoor pool and basketball court!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so proud to be a partner with Woodsongs and look forward to hosting more great events in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

As if the accommodations aren't great enough, the staff is even better! They are by far the most helpful, and polite staff I have ever dealt with! We had so many changes due to schedule conflicts, and they were able to accommodate everything as needed. Super quick responses to questions and whatnot. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Jrmreinhart
Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel. I am so please to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate all your needs. It is our goal to always provide great service and I am happy to hear that our staff succeeded.
Once again thank you and we hope that we will see you again soon.

Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice place. Read other reviews about how it was dirty, but fount nothin wrong! Pool and hot tub was both very big and would recommend this to others. Basketball court was very nice and had great workers that was there to help if needed! Looking forward to our next stay!

1 Thank Marshall1234
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is our number one goal to always provide a good clean room with great amenties at a great value. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wilder, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 March 2014

DO NOT stay at this hotel, it is absolutely disgusting. When I checked into my room, I went to the bathroom only to find FECES in the toilet. Yes, I arrived to my room with a huge fecal surprise waiting for me in the toilet. Huge. I tried to flush it, and the toilet overflowed. Water spilled out all over the bathroom floor. It was a mess. I immediately called the front desk, but no one answered. So I walked to the front desk and of course there were two clerks, sitting there, doing nothing. I asked to speak with the manager and requested a new room. She acted surprised that there was a problem, stating that my room wasn't on the list to be cleaned that day. So no telling how long the feces was sitting there in the toilet in that room. This only tells me that either the maids don't clean the toilets (absolutely nasty) or a maid actually made the mess. I'm inclined to believe the former, as that place is a dump. She offered to discount my room 50% and moved me to a different room. This new room wasn't much better. It was musty, the carpet, furniture, and bedding had stains, and the air conditioner made a loud knocking sound. Overall, it was a very unpleasant experience. If you're staying in this area, do yourself a favor and stay at one of the several hotels next door and across the street. You will thoroughly regret staying at this hotel.
I should have taken a photo of the nasty overflowing toilet in my room, as the manager is now trying to deny that the toilet was even overflowing.
Poor service. Poor quality. Extremely dirty. Poor managing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sjane2
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
On behalf of the entire staff I apologize that you were unhappy with your stay. We pride ourselves on offering a good clean room, with great amenities, at a good value so I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. We are currently upgrading our rooms with new carpet and wall design for our guest comfort and convenience with the majority of the rooms having been completed including the room from your recent stay. We always try to make things right and I apologize if you feel the discount and complimentary late checkout were not enough.
Once again I apologize for the issues you experienced.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The Clarion was terrible. Not only were the rooms disgusting, it took 6 calls to receive a single towel. They refused to let my group use one of the many open conference rooms. The beds were extremely tiny in the rooms and the bathrooms were not clean when we arrived. My friends and I asked first for extra pillow and did not receive, then we had to call 6 times to receive a dry towel. This Clarion is old and outdated and I would not recommend a stay here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. I would love to speak to you directly to discuss the issues you experienced during your stay. We welcome and encourage feedback from our guest so we can work to improve for the future.
Once again I apologize and I look forward to speaking to you soon to discuss your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at 859-825-5020 or by email mmcguire@clarionhotellex.com.

Milton, WV
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My company put me up here for a night and this place stunk. Dated hotel, less than average bathrooms and the HARDEST MATTRESS I have ever slept on. I was somewhat looking forward to the breakfast buffet, but it was almost as bad as the mattress. The only thing that was not awful was the utensils. The food and drinks were crap. I would not recommend staying here. The Fairfield up the street is a much better option all around.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center North, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I apologize that you were unsatisfied with your stay. We pride ourselves on providing a good clean room with great amenties and services. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the Tempurpedic mattress. For your convenience we do offer two mattress options Serta and Tempurpedic, please request a Serta during your next visit. In regards to the complimentary hot breakfast buffet I would love to speak to you directly or get feedback about the food. We try to offer many options from eggs, hashbrowns, biscuit and gravy, to a waffle station, oatmeal, juice and coffee. I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy any of those options.
Once again I apologize and I hope to hear from you so we can discuss your stay in detail.
mmcguire@clarionhotellex.com